Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (6 Members, 5 Guests)

Best pub tab?
  • kuepperkuepper
    +1 -1
    Wanted to get some feedback on what you all felt was the best options re; pub tabs in the Metro area?

Looking to expand my horizons and see what hidden gems there are which you all can recommend!

So let's have it all - where's the best pub tab in perth?

Cheers
  • mcginty71nzmcginty71nz
    +1 -1
    wish it was the beldon but its not.
  • Jazz HJazz H
    +1 -1
    The Kardy Tavern!
  • DecDec
    +1 -1
    Ozzy Park not bad since its reno. Carine also ok. Its not a Melbourne Cup field though.
  • TiversTivers
    +1 -1
    said:

Ozzy Park not bad since its reno. Carine also ok. Its not a Melbourne Cup field though.

No Saturday plodders ?
  • mcginty71nzmcginty71nz
    +1 -1
    ozzy park not bad, 100m from work, can skive off at any stage, perfect!!
  • ChrisChris
    +1 -1
    I'm an Ozzie man too, can't knock the Charles either - plenty of veterans to have a beer and a yarn with :D

What's the mighty quinn like?
  • DecDec
    +1 -1
    said:

said:

No Saturday plodders ?

huh?
  • dungydungy
    +1 -1 
    +1    
    said:

I'm an Ozzie man too, can't knock the Charles either - plenty of veterans to have a beer and a yarn with :D

What's the mighty quinn like?

Mighty Quinns ok Chris ive had a few ales and punts inthere a bit on the small side but worth a look me and mate went to the gate the other week thats was good

Chelsea likes this post.

• The FunksterThe Funkster
    +1 -1
    Sorry, don't rate the Carine. Of the ones i've been to;
    1) The Gate
    2) Botanica
    3) The Wembley
    4) The Mt Henry
  • ericwanduericwandu
    +1 -1
    I like the herdy and saint.
    Would also rather the carine over Botanica and wembley. Both dry tabs aren't they
  • The FunksterThe Funkster
    +1 -1
    said:

I like the herdy and saint.
    Would also rather the carine over Botanica and wembley. Both dry tabs aren't they

Those two both ok also.
    Yep both dry, but doesnt bother me to actually put my beer down every now and then :abeer:
  • ericwanduericwandu
    +1 -1
    Haha yeah fair call.
    Also couldn't leave the obh out of favs either
  • JordanJordan
    +1 -1
    The gate 8)

Ask Reggie for a tip he's always happy to give one :wink:
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots
    +1 -1
    Been to the Herdsman a few times, very good with a pub on one side and restaurant on the other side.

Lot of screens, but not sure how it compares to the above examples, think they might be streets ahead - will have to spend a day at the Charles with the locals! :lol:
  • HenleyBrookHenleyBrook
    +1 -1
    The Inglewood isn't too bad.
  • TiversTivers
    +1 -1
    The Pineapple in (Bris)Vegas and the Ivanhoe in Sydney (Manly)
  • ph3varph3var
    +1 -1
    I like the Ozzy Park and Mt Henry.

Gate is my local and probably most expensive beer SOR.
  • FilletFillet
    +1 -1
    Best TAB in Perth would have to be the Carlisle I have been going there for years now always made to feel welcome young guy behind counter always helpful love to chat with anyone about sports always happy and friendly great pub as well
  • the falconthe falcon
    +1 -1
    the charles will be the best this arvo with the esteemed presence of....wait for it...diva, chris and the falcon!!! :lol:
  • helmethelmet
    +1 -1
    said:

Can you have a bet there though?? Only been there once i thought the tab was separate and maybe over the road or something??
  • RIORIO
    +1 -1
    said:

the charles will be the best this arvo with the esteemed presence of....wait for it...diva, chris and the falcon!!! :lol:

Geez..thanks for the invite mate!!!!..although isn't there a law prohibiting any more than 3 PTTers in one place at one time :lol: :lol:
  • The DivaThe Diva
    +1 -1
    said:

said:

Can you have a bet there though?? Only been there once i thought the tab was separate and maybe over the road or something??

its at the back of the pub, definitely joined on, but not the main bar.
  • Mike73Mike73
    +1 -1 
    +1    
    You have obviously not been to The Odin Tavern in Ballcatta... Best by a mile !!!

Meathead likes this post.

• the falconthe falcon
    +1 -1

depends where you live. my local is the charles...lets face it all you want is a beer and a bet.

whilst not a pub tab the dogswamp tab is great. run by shane plumb, the owner/trainer of galoubay.

• licklick
    +1 -1 
    +2    

The absolute worst is the Commercial Hotel at Northam - disgrace. Drinkers punters can actually watch the screen from the bar to see what you bet or collect !?

Aussiereds72, RIO like this post.