G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 35 Non Members
RadmanRadman    1,992 posts
edited September 2014 West Australian Racing
Some of the senior jocks are having a very lean start to the season in the city.

S. Parham 0 wins / 51 starters
M. Pateman 0/30 (not yet senior but been around a while )
S. Meeres 0/17
G. Smith 0/8 (where the hell has he gone?)
P. Carbery 1/31
S McGruddy 1/28
B. Patterson 1/11 ( Hardly getting a ride now after starring as an apprentice)
S. O'donnell 2/50
J. Brown 2/29

Things can turn quickly for these guys but so far just a small (and different) few are dominating this season.

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited September 2014
    Well some of the rides by apprentices on favs at Belmont yesterday might have opened a few doors for the senior riders.
  • Raff_2000Raff_2000    802 posts
    I know it is quite different, but Shaun Meeres has been going along quite nicely in Kalgoorlie still.

Radman likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Radman said:

Some of the senior jocks are having a very lean start to the season in the city.

S. Meeres 0/17
    P. Carbery 1/31
    S McGruddy 1/28
    S. O'donnell 2/50
    J. Brown 2/29

Things can turn quickly for these guys but so far just a small (and different) few are dominating this season.

Smith had a fall in Broome ,  this stat dosnt suprise me from our 30 -40 year old  middle of the road bloks same names every year ,Mcgruddy has had a crap 12 months Carberry is gonna lose rides to The Pont at Harrisons .Brown has Jimmy T only ,SOD riding a few for Dan Morton  only the ones Pike gets of ,Patterson  is all but gone ,Meeres is not in the bracket to be a Sat class rider is a hard worker but doesnt have a stable behind him.Mitch Pateman once claim is gone his weight will rise all over
  • IronMikeIronMike    517 posts
    If your not backing the good claiming apprentice here in Perth your not fair dinkum

justrandom likes this post.

• Trainers are starting to realise that horses stop sprinting once they get 57kg+, and the weights have been so compressed this winter, that if you haven't got a big strong type that can carry weight, you have to take a risk with apprentices, with the rating system that's in place and the jockeys raising the minimum, it looks grim for a few   
    I know I am stating the obvious, but today's win in the Hannans is easily Ben Patterson's biggest win as a Senior jockey and arguably his biggest win in his career to date.

Well done Banjo and may there be plenty more winners to come =D>
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    if you cast your mind back to this time last year...Ben was in exactly the same position Azzopardi is now.
    Ben lost his claim is now on the scap heap from his "boy wonder" stable.
    makes you think, eh?

[DeletedUser] likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Scrap heap? Just won the Hannans!

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts

I reckon he will be a survivor.. he was away for the first half of August and is slowly get back into filling his books up.. It is natural to lose some rides with no claim, but as we have all stated many times.. They don't lose their ability to ride, it's just the trainers and owners lose their ability to see past 1.5kg's.

With the way our mid 40's established Jocks are riding he will get his share of opportunities.... 1 ride at Kal on Wednesday for 1 win in the feature race, will only increase his opportunities.

written before the hannans diva...
  • LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    edited September 2014
    IMHO he needs to "hook up" with a stable, and when he does, show some loyalty. Decisions won't be easy as sometimes will mean giving up some good rides to stick with a stable goat. Seems he has the ability, now just needs the opportunities to "worm" his way in.
    Who is his manager?
    Adam McGrath I think..

paraletic likes this post.

theres only one bloke better at mocking them into good form   ;)

thefalcon likes this post.

• LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    edited September 2014
    The Diva said:

theres only one bloke better at mocking them into good form   ;)

:-?

>:/ name? might have to throw a tenner on next time he mocks rider/horse :>

paraletic likes this post.

Ive gotten the kangaroos to a preliminary final!   =D>

Legless likes this post.

The Diva said:

Ive gotten the kangaroos to a preliminary final!   =D>

As my logo suggests, just keep it going for two more games Diva <:-P
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts

Adam McGrath I think..

Should that really be allowed with Adams position in PR? Surely there's a conflict of interest there.
    What conflict?? Getting him more rides at Pinjarra than Belmont?
  • darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts

Adam McGrath I think..

Should that really be allowed with Adams position in PR? Surely there's a conflict of interest there.
    Boulder Cup write up on Pr.com: 7 'paragraphs'.

Hannans write up ... 17 :)
  • darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts
    I guess if the Emperor can shove Trade Fair down ya throat fkr years, no issue

RIO likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Radman said:

S. Meeres 0/17
    P. Carbery 1/31
    S McGruddy 1/28
    S. O'donnell 2/50
    J. Brown 2/29

Some of those jocks would have a hard time winning a race to the toilet at an Indian Restaurant against a room full of cripples at the moment.

RIO, paraletic, Thoroly_Bread likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts

A comparison is D.Lane who is a middle of the road jock in Victoria has 22 rides in the next 4 days...Without any winning commissions about $7k...So easy to see why the above jocks are here and the better ones wouldn't come back for anything other than personal reasons!!

22 rides that's about $4400 for just throwing a leg over..no wonder he has a very nice home in Flemington....at the ripe old age of..i dunno...22 or 23?
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Raff_2000 said:

I know I am stating the obvious, but today's win in the Hannans is easily Ben Patterson's biggest win as a Senior jockey and arguably his biggest win in his career to date.

I say something similar well before this and get two likes this Riff Raff Paterson PR imposter gets a dozen. Fortunately I love myself enough and don't give a toss about 'likes'.
    B-)

therealkramer, RIO likes this post.

• Jason1211Jason1211    48 posts
    Some of the horses they are given to ride aren't much chop either !!!
  • RadmanRadman    1,992 posts

Raff_2000 said:

I say something similar well before this and get two likes this Riff Raff Paterson PR imposter gets a dozen. Fortunately I love myself enough and don't give a toss about 'likes'.
    B-)
    Sorry slip, the people have spoken.

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Jason1211 said:

Some of the horses they are given to ride aren't much chop either !!!

can RWWA suspend some of theses senior riders??? or send them to the provincials only until they remember how to ride???? There are so many crap rides at the moment.. it cant all be the horses fault
    ~X(

thefalcon, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• RadmanRadman    1,992 posts
    edited September 2014
    Bullet just rode his first winner for the season anywhere. He's on track to ride 8 for the year at this rate.

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Radman said:

Sorry slip, the people have spoken.

When you have an abundance of confidence you don't need the people Rad
    :x

Radman, RIO likes this post.