Who's Online

0 Members & 35 Non Members
FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
edited September 2014 West Australian Racing
Greyhounds every state - Free
Harness every state - Free
Hong Kong - Free
Racing Victoria - Now free

Perth racing - Still trying to use replays a an income stream - Just plain dumb.

Comments

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    We do pay for them, and we used to download the trials and races and post them to our FB page for syndicate owners, families and friends...But they have put a block on a service we pay for so that we cant use them for that now!!!!!!

Makes it hard to promote their product!!!!
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Thanks Rio, so you are to blame  ~X(
     I pay for them and used to download them so I could get decent vision without lag etc.
     Now I have to watch absolute crap quality replays! I knew someone must have been downloading vision not just for personal use  
    [-(
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    i had asked and always made note of where they came from.....like i do with still photo's
    Cheers mate, was slightly tongue in cheek. I am really pissed off with the new setup though. I might have to give them a call because I won't be renewing my membership at that price to watch jerky crap.

RIO, Chelsea likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    have already told them that too...will let it go and use another system for getting them next year.....these pirate programs are sending me broke!!!! haha, that is a joke.

I've seen heaps of race and trial replays on FB by many stables that put no acknowledgment at all on them...Can guarantee more are doing the wrong thing, than asking for permission and doing the right thing!!!!
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    MELBOURNE, Sept 15 AAP - Free race replays will be available on Victorian racing's new digital platform.

Racing.com, which was officially launched on Monday, will include
    vision for all Victorian races and has an archive going back two years.

The race replays will be available 30 minutes after every race.

The vision, which includes the option of showing just the last 400m,
    will be found alongside the results of each race and will also be
    available on a new app.

Racing Victoria's chief commercial and
    strategy officer Andrew Catterall said they were expecting more than a
    million visits over the spring carnival with more than half the traffic
    coming from mobile devices.

RIO, Rodent, thefalcon, Wizard, roary, Coldy likes this post.

Maybe I should just bet on Victorian races instead.

Darkhorse, roary likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    such a good tool to have, especially for free.

Darkhorse likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    racing.com..... outstanding effort! 
  • tolleshunttolleshunt    82 posts
    brilliant, VIC,  why can't perth do the same , have the feeling if do will get returns by the bucketful !, how much more will punters invest if they can access all replays from ascot to albany - no brainer

thefalcon likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited September 2014
    Free replays for SA races too. Just click on the results and search for relevant venue:

http://www.theracessa.com.au
  • careycarey    6,368 posts
    maybe they need to change their mindset in wa, before they do the joint more damage than they already have.
    that said wa, had done some things better than other states in the long ago.

i can remember being able to bet into the wa tab, with something called viatel, with a modem plugged into my computers for compiling mass bets, and it was great from memory.
    that is probably 30 year ago or more i would think.
    it was years before any other joints could do this

wa have had cris and the ability to compile your own database by downloading the csv files, although they do need more fields.
    most other places still don't have that capability, even now.
    wa has had cris for as many years as i can remember.

give me a choice of data or video, and although they are both very important, i would take the data first.
    as far as i know, nsw is the only other place in oz that you can download result files, but they started long after wa did.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    PR is somewhat like Greece, showed the world the light but now is in darkness.

roary likes this post.

• LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    Maybe this can be Wes' first port of call - get PR in line with the rest of the country!

It's just a backwards way of looking at things!
  • stropstrop    5 posts
    no last 600 footage from Belmont today?
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    fair dinkum...they are a disgrace....bloody hopeless.
    could not run a 2 perch canary cage..... X(
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    strop said:

no last 600 footage from Belmont today?

Believe me, im howling! Have a small share in the winner of the first and want to bask it the glory of the replay!

H-BOMBER, westundies likes this post.

• mailman505mailman505    497 posts
    Even Tassie has race replays and perth want to charge amazing I give u a tip boys u lived on longer from being hopeless because of a once in a life time mining boom that gave people in wa plenty of money to spend on your racing with out any effort.That boom is fading not only in wa but Australia wide vic racing knows it and they are being proactive to get their business model right.U wont be around in 20 years if u don't get with the program and start to pull your finger out on all levels to be more professional.Sit on your hands this time and u wont get another 10 year long mining boom to save u that's free advice.

BlacksAFake likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    i reckon @octavius responded in the most appropriate manner but, can understand why the response was taken down.
    Your continuous reference to a once in a lifetime mining boom is tiring..You obviously have no idea at all about what creates wealth (and at the moment lack of it) in the racing industry over here. If you want to engage on a debate on corporate or commercial activities in WA, then go and find a site that has that sort of notice board to post on.
    In relation to racing in WA, the mining industry has had very little positive impact on this industry so now that it is in a production phase rather than a construction phase, there is nothing to suggest this change will have much of a negative impact on our racing industry..
    While you persist with this dumb and poorly informed line of comment all you do is show yourself as the ill informed person you are......

Racing + mining boom = Very Little
    Got u to reply enough said think your reply says it all really nfi u fit right in here.
    I hope u don't take things to serious rio I am just stirring lol.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

I hope u don't take things to serious rio I am just stirring lol.

not all the time mm.....but there are lots of people who truly don't understand that the past 10years in WA has been really good due to the massive amount of infrastructure building going on.....Now we have at least 2 if not 3 ports that can shift over a million tonnes a week of ore through their ports..

So the boom isn't over and wont be for 20-100yrs...what is over is the construction of infrastructure for the movement of profits to shareholders, rather than wages for  construction staff..

This is a niggle that you get me on every time.....keep at... no harm done

;)
  • careycarey    6,368 posts
    He might be wrong as far as the mining boom goes Rio, I have no idea.
    But he is far from wrong about WA racing overall.

I am just about to start my little rant.

Yesterday at Kalgoorlie races with no sections, no videos, no individual times, and wrong race times.
    Yesterday at Belmont a race with no sections
    Today at Northam, no individual times, no sections, race times not correct.

I am starting to think it has nothing much to do with the club that runs the meeting most of the time, although I may be wrong.
    I think RWWA judges that are letting the team down.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the judges are also handicappers!!
    Maybe when you have jobs that make you answerable to nobody, then you can do what you like and the poor long suffering idiots that keep on taking this nonsense(me included), need their heads read.

If RWWA have no respect for their product, then it's no wonder the general punting public don't think much of the joint either.

Did I say the joint was run by idiots?
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    your right on both issues.

The timing, recording and providing of all that is a RWWA responsibility. Yes the do contract PR for the vision, and the clubs are contracted to assist in setting up the timing equipment....BUT the responsibilty for it all stops with RWWA.

A government institution that is accountable to a Government Department - normal response "it should be sorted for the next meeting, sorry about that"

rant on that subject as much as anyone wants to
  • octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts
    edited September 2014

If you join NSW TAB you can access all race replays for the field in their Skyform for free which is pretty handy.

Is there a better free option out there?

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts

Free race replays now available on Racing NSW website

Tom Walter - 2/10/2014

Punters have been handed a boost with the news that race replays will now be integrated into fields and form for all New South Wales meetings on the Racing NSW website.

The free service comes just weeks after Racing Victoria introduced the same concept on its website.

Video replays of each horse’s previous starts over the last two years have been integrated into the Racing NSW form, designed to allow punters to study the form in one convenient location.

Punters can choose to watch either the entire race or select the final 400 metres and will be available as early as 30 minutes after each race is conducted.

"We realise it is paramount for punters to have the opportunity to watch race replays when doing the form” said Racing NSW Chief Executive, Peter V’landys.

"This service will make it that much easier to find the next winner.”

roary, therealkramer likes this post.

• octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts

Yeah, quality isn't great but still nice to see what should be standard across the board, backwards much?

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    SURELY Perth Racing follows this lead...SURELY?

Might put the paying customers nose out of joint. Maybe just offer the race replays and/or the last 600m interviews, and make customers pay for trial service only? Just a suggestion
    :-S

roary likes this post.