G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members

Trading Day Overrated or does the jockey need replacing

West Australian Racing
grandstandjockeysgrandstandjockeys    279 posts
edited November 2014 West Australian Racing
Whats happened to trading day did i think the horse was a Agrade horse or maybe it is and the jockey is the problem just not sure what to think whats peoples opinions

Comments

• LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    edited November 2014
    Big jump in class last 2 starts - drew bad gates in both and was not that far off them last start. Have kept an eye on him as he was a bit of a "hype" horse. Might be a sneaky chance in the RJ - has drawn a gate however is carrying weight :-?
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    jock is brother or son of the part owner.....ffs forget family ties...its a good horse....put a top jock on..mad if they don't.

SPUDLEY likes this post.

• BobbyDavisBobbyDavis    916 posts

jock is brother or son of the part owner.....ffs forget family ties...its a good horse....put a top jock on..mad if they don't.

Without getting involved in the pilot debate, it was not suited to leading last start and still stuck on ok in my opinion. Might be a smokey in the Peters.

SPUDLEY, Gray likes this post.

perhaps...with another pilot.... I am not knocking WW but there are a few better sitting in the jocks room.
    ww's record speaks for itself....a very poor record you must agree.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Was the horse ever 'A' grade though?

SPUDLEY dislikes this post.

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Overrated

SPUDLEY dislikes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Not sure the jock has done too much wrong. Rode some cracking races on it last campaign

Darkhorse, squid69, Fastmoney likes this post.

• PandoraPandora    225 posts
    Whatever you think of the class of Perth racing it is still a step up from what TD was winning.
    Horse hasn't had much luck and is finding his way. Don't think he has done much wrong, good that they stick with him
    Hope he wins a good race for all involved

SPUDLEY likes this post.

• SHOVHOGSHOVHOG    1,792 posts
    edited November 2014
    Falcon why haven't you guys put a top jock on exclusion ?

Trading Day is Overrated end of story.
  • silkysilky    342 posts
    The horse has been one run behind this prep. I think last starts run would have topped him up nicely fitness wise for this race. Will be keeping a close eye on him as it would be nice to see a couple of trade fairs in the railway to give the local breeders a bit of a boost.

JustanL likes this post.

• IntoItIntoIt    659 posts
    Nice horse, perhaps more a case of a year too soon to be tackling this class. Small fish are sweet. Whats the point of TFs being there if they dont do anything.

SPUDLEY likes this post.

• silkysilky    342 posts
    Into It said:

Nice horse, perhaps more a case of a year too soon to be tackling this class. Small fish are sweet. Whats the point of TFs being there if they dont do anything.

Yes agree it might be a year too soon and it will be disappointing if they got there and failed to fire. I was just pointing out it would be good to see local stallions represented in one of our states best races.
  • careycarey    6,368 posts
    i reckon the horse is pretty good myself, although maybe not 'a' grade whatever that is.
    2 runs this time in though have been a long way short of its previous prep.
    think he need to be on the pace myself as he does not appear to be that fast at the end
    a rating of 89 though severely restricts his options, because of the idiotic system in place in wa
    a 72+ means a weight of 62.5 for him, and what else is there after that...the pretend 90+???

SPUDLEY likes this post.

• IronMikeIronMike    517 posts
    Gee Id love to own him 19 starts 18 cheques 224 000 in stakes over rated lol u blokes are kidding that's a brilliant result for his owners if I was them is be rating him big time that's a thrill horse as a owner to have

SPUDLEY likes this post.

• SPUDLEYSPUDLEY    1,584 posts
    All I will say is be patient everybody.

JustanL likes this post.

• Raff_2000Raff_2000    802 posts
    silky said:

The horse has been one run behind this prep. I think last starts run would have topped him up nicely fitness wise for this race. Will be keeping a close eye on him as it would be nice to see a couple of trade fairs in the railway to give the local breeders a bit of a boost.

Spot on Silky.

The horse got scratched after quartering his foot in a stable mishap, the day before he was due to race. That may well have put his fitness levels back behind the 8 ball and he should be cherry ripe for tomorrow :)
  • JustanLJustanL    356 posts
    Has not drawn inside 10 last 2 starts. Worked early last start and only got beat just over 2 lengths. Should 1/1 tomorrow from the gate without working early. To me, tomorrow is the guide to where he is at.
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Who is over rating him ? Just a few Grandstand critics hear on PTT, not heard anyone booming him up. Sounds like punters who have lost coin on him. As someone mentioned, has not hads much luck in barrier draws this prep until today
    edited November 2014
    its a fickle caper. Great run today - the minor hoof injury a few weeks ago may have cost the connections ( and the horse ) a lot more than thought at the time
  • Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    he's ticking along nicely

Jordan, RIO likes this post.

• JordanJordan    1,827 posts
    Ticking over for what particular race PB the target was the Railway he won't make the final field will he ?
    all will be revealed on Tuesday...keep calm....
    currently an emergency, so the cards have to fall the right way, unless I have missed the obvious
  • currently an emergency, so the cards have to fall the right way, unless I have missed the obvious

wheres the final field

http://www.rwwa.com.au/cris/racefield.aspx?meeting=16189&race=1

has not been declared yet, but the current topweight is a no show
    edited November 2014
    He was =25 in the ballot when weights were released - has earned a few more $$ now so moves up a few.

Add scratchings ( Elite Belle, Balmont Girl, Fushia Bandana & Bass Straight are exempt ) and he would be close I think
    :-?

railway ballot.jpg
    844 x 1041 - 339K
    add Elite Belle as an exemption
    edited November 2014
    Just did :) They are listed as =1 in the ballot
  • JordanJordan    1,827 posts
    I've got him abt 18th or 19th so he needs some scratchings
    edited November 2014
    I have him him at the same level - maybe Moriarty out - there is a couple of others there that may not go around either
    he might be some hope

My  guess

1        Elite Belle, Fuchsia Bandana, Balmot Girl, Bass Strait               
    5        The Cleaner               
    6        Moriarty        
    7        Smokin' Joey               
    8        Alma's Fury, Mr Moet               
    10        Itsahymn, Platinum Rocker               
    12        Amorino               
    13        Chester Road               
    14        Ranger               
    15        Fancy Feet, God Has Spoken               
    17        Strike The Stars               
    18        Kalahaar               
    19        Trading Day