In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 14 Non Members

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - January 31

West Australian Racing
WesternWatchdogWesternWatchdog    33 posts
edited January 2015 West Australian Racing

The Good -

January is Over - We can get back to real punting again.

Shalo - What a run! This horse has matured into a summer carnival contender. Don't get me wrong, from a financial sense I'm personally very glad it was beaten, but for mine that was the performance of the day. Fought off a very good one early in the straight and almost fought off everthing else after that.

You've been Vaughned - He's pretty much a top line trainer now, just needed a few good ones to show his wares. He's certainly got a few good ones now. Heorshe, Black Heart Bart, Dawn Approach and now She's a Virtue.

Flytego - As the name suggests. Been holding very good form for a very long time. Interestingly enough was beaten at Geraldton a year ago!

Ike & Carbery - In my opinion two of the most underrated jocks around, if their horse is a genuine chance they generally do the job.

The Bad -

Give me a spell - Rebelson, but did put in a great campaign.

Give me a nice family home with sweeping paddocks and country views - Kalahaar.

Cerise and White topliners return - Have noticed a pattern of the cerise and white taking a trial and also a run lately, but the concern about today is the the two returning 3yo's didn't really savage the line like you'd hope, although both were ok. The jury is out on both of these, as they are back quickly after very hard preps. I'm certainly not ready to sack them yet but the warning light is flashing.

The Ugly -

Flying Roar - There are favours, and then there are favours.

Samuel Jackson - I wish they'd allow me to wager with them, opening price was $3.75 Battle Hero tomorrow.....talk about twice the price...

WW.

Comments

• TorpedoPuntTorpedoPunt    1,891 posts
    Sujet has to go the Cat Files. Backed Flytego but Sujet is now strictly a fresh horse 1-2 starts a prep max.

BlacksAFake, Jordan, Vincent_vega likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,744 posts
    edited January 2015
    Cushryn - Had it coming up for the Quaddie at Narrogin 5 days ago and it was never going to win and yet gets two lengths close to winning today in town. [..]

Downbythepalms likes this post.

• BobbyDavisBobbyDavis    916 posts

Cushryn - Had it coming up for the Quaddie at Narrogin 5 days ago and it was never going to win and yet gets two lengths close to winning today in town. [..]

Was a touch unlucky too today Slip. Beavermark went for a run through then had to switch right to the outside.
  • darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts
    Dunno about the Shalo carnival hype, Vacallo was 3DNC and finished alongside it, Low Tide coming off a midweeker ...
    How annoyed do you think I would have been if it had won?

BobbyDavis, thefalcon, Downbythepalms likes this post.

• SHOVHOGSHOVHOG    1,792 posts
    Battle hero will have its work cut out beating stocks.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Ye olde... Bookies horse! =D>
    Bell called it Ye Oldie.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

Was a touch unlucky too today Slip. Beavermark went for a run through then had to switch right to the outside.
    I was on it, and if Mrs Staples had gone out and the obvious route - rather than in side to a wall of rumps, she would have got there easily...was spewing,, I always wonder when there is one on your outside to negotiate they decide to go to the inside where the other 10 are??
    ~X(
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    must be taking lessons from her hubby...
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited February 2015
    @WesternWatchdog I'm not sure how Delicacy is disappointing or a 'warning light' is flashing when you point out that Flying Roar was afforded all the 'favours' up front? Given the lack of tempo and the weight pull the FR had on the fav, it was to be expected and the punters who anticipated the lack of pace got it right with the winner being the best backed horse $4-$3.10.

Delicacy sat on the pace in the Champion Stakes fillies race and I expect her to race more forward as her preparation continues