G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 7 Non Members

Belmont Preview, 30th May

West Australian Racing
PerthTurfTalkPerthTurfTalk    3,054 posts
R1. Westspeed Plate - Scott Embry

Many 2 year olds find the fence on debut and win. Lucy cruised across and controlled the race on debut at Pinjarra, expecting very much the same here and if she can find the fence I think Hot Goods will be the Goods. Spirit Bird will need every inch of 1000m to reel the leader in and will keep on impoving as the distances stretch out. Dion Luciani has a habit of winning races first-up from a 400m trial so happy to throw debutant Booyah Boy in for third at the big price. Dion brought Chantski to the races off a 400m and absolutely belted them, worth a spec.

8. HOT GOODS - 6. SPIRIT BIRD (NZ) - 2. BOOYAH BOY

Comments

• PerthTurfTalkPerthTurfTalk    3,054 posts
    edited May 2015
    R2. Wa Day Plate - Scott Embry

Happy to forgive the first-up effort of Furious Dame who ran into a smart midweek lot and was unable to find her favoured spot out in front. No guarantee she will find the fence here with speedy types like Hell of a Story engaged but I think from the barrier she should position up on pace and run a much improved race for Lucy Warwick. Thinking the $13 on offer for Flying Roar is overs, he is very much in this race and found Malibu Style and 1000m too slick first-up but most gallopers would. He should improve out of sight. King River should have the race run to suit, as should Belle La Vie. Can't get back aboard Fuld's Bet because my fingers are still too sore.

6. FURIOUS DAME - 2. FLYING ROAR - 5. KING RIVER
    edited May 2015
    R3. Tabtouch Handicap - Scott Embry

Listening on the radio would have been interesting last start with Richie Bell and the lads in the Judges office having a couple of quiet Scotch and Cokes before the race, at one stage it was Zedspeil running on and then in the interim dividends and results was Blue Palace but in actual fact it was Lucy Warwick and Bradford Badboy all along. His run was an absolute cracker, his final 100m was flying and I think off the back of another soft run he can pounce on these and notch his fourth career win at start number 3 for the Warwick stable. Only horse wearing any form of Orange so should be easy to follow this week. Bonny Zara is another easy one to follow in the Lime Green, she flew first-up but with these potential staying types I am always wary second-up as they often flop. Dark Delight should be there abouts again but it has been a long time since she scored.

9. BRADFORD BADBOY - 5. BONNY ZARA - 1. DARK DELIGHT

SUGGESTED BET - 9. BRADFORD BADBOY $40 x $40
    edited May 2015
    R4. Westspeed Stayers\' Bonus Handicap - Scott Embry

Last preview the headline was "Saxy and 2 at odds" as I tipped her from On The Ropes and Shooting Iron, this time I'll stick with it, tip Saxy Grace to win again and this time throw in Ram Jam and Upsidedown Bob as the two at odds to fill the minor end of the money. Many will be hoping that Saxy Grace has turned a corner and gone from a perennial place getting, wallet burning, beaten favourite to an ever consistent last to first winner. I'm happy to jump aboard here, she rises a mere half kilo and can continue on her winning ways. Ram Jam is much better than his recent form and looks much better suited in this grade. Upsidedown Bob looks to be a stayer in the making and Lucy will give him a soft run from barrier 1.

3. SAXY GRACE - 2. RAM JAM - 11. UPSIDEDOWN BOB

SUGGESTED BET - 3. SAXY GRACE $30 x $30
    edited May 2015
    R5. Get Your Westspeed Forms In Now Handicap - Scott Embry

Shooeys first-up run behind True Storm was sensational but his second-up run behind Hey Bro left a lot to be desired after he struggled to get into the race throughout and finished a distant 10th. This race doesn't look any harder than his first-up run and he does go very well for little Jake Casey. Wide open field and not a race I'm overly keen to get involved in so looking for the value and putting him on top. Bjorn to Love should be ready to fire third up from a spell, drops back to 1200m, blinkers on and Paul Harvey remaining in the saddle, a lot to like about him. Aerozine was backed off the charts last start and fought on bravely into second. May be better suited over 1200m where they go a touch slower, looks the leader and O'Donnell can control it from there.

4. SHOOEY - 10. BJORN TO LOVE - 11. AEROZINE
    edited May 2015
    R7. Belmont Sprint - Scott Embry

Fuchsia Bandana looks ready to blossom this campaign into a genuine Railway chance and I'm also going to throw out my opinion, that she will win the Strickland Stakes over 2000m. I think she has rapidly grown into a very strong, mature mare and will easily get the distance this time in. 1400m second-up looks absolutely perfect, a dry track should suit and anyone who watched the Roma Cup will know her hardluck story. She looks the best bet of the day and I think she will take all before her this preparation. Get your Bandana on. Doing the unthinkable for second and tipping Ranger, hasn't won since Carlton were last competitive but should get a soft run behind the speed. Dawn Approach and Brother Patrick will ensure there is a decent pace set throughout.

9. FUCHSIA BANDANA - 2. RANGER - 5. DAWN APPROACH

SUGGESTED BET - 9. FUCHSIA BANDANA $100
    edited May 2015
    R8. \'tabtouch With Cash\' Handicap - Scott Embry

Fairly keen on class to prevail in the last and more than happy to put Zester on top. His last start effort in the Roma Cup over what is probably an unsuitable 1200m for him these days was excellent, he finished just over 2 lengths from WA's best galloper in Luckygrey and WA's next star in Fuchsia Bandana. Back to 1300m should suit, twice a winner at this distance and 4 times a winner at Belmont Park. Two starts ago he beat Temporise and New Time, a cracking form reference and with Jake Casey in the saddle carries a very managable 59kg. He can get the job done. Spin Da Wheels should improve rapidly, he is a classy galloper and one to stick with. Gigante is very well weighted down the bottom and should get a perfect run tucked in behind the speed from barrier 7. I'll be on a boat half sunk by cartons of Millers this weekend so best of luck to all those punting.

1. ZESTER - 5. SPIN DA WHEELS - 11. GIGANTE

SUGGESTED BET - 1. ZESTER $10 x $40
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Where is race 6????
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

Hot Goods in first SCRATCHED

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    My two majors are Chorus Boy in race 6 and Shining Knight Race 7

Allup place Raising Dubai - Saxy Grace - Chorus Boy
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ssssshh bomber..... :-SS
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    edited May 2015
    Oops :-/
    edited May 2015
    R6. Tabtouch.com.au Handicap - Scott Embry

Born to Excel bumped into a very handy lot first-up including Rebel King, Dueton and Settle Strada just to name a few, looks much better suited at 1400m and with premier hoop Paul Harvey riding for WA's premier trainer in Adam Durrant I think many will be happy to jump in. Drawn perfectly in barrier 3, this is a fairly weak line-up and he is the standout on an eachway basis. Satan's Dancer should lead this without too much trouble, unsure about the drop back to 1400m but with Lucy aboard carries a postage stamp weight of 52.5kg. He will look to run them off their feet Brother Patrick style for team Warwick. Drumnoorum is the other Durrant runner who may get under the radar, his last start was in much toughter company than this and he should bounce back.

2. BORN TO EXCEL - 13. SATAN'S DANCER - 7. DRUMNOORUM

SUGGESTED BET - 2. BORN TO EXCEL $30 x $30
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts
    edited May 2015
    Virtual Trader (place)
    Saxy Grace
    Zester (best)
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Is the footy on today ?
  • GaryHGaryH    1,012 posts

Is the footy on today ?

Really, you ask that on a racing forum?  Or is a Dorothy Dixer for something else you want to say?

Come out with it if it is.

rick, RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    small crowds...Damo is fixated with crowd numbers, which are totally irrelevant to the business of racing these days....
    B-)

Carlosa likes this post.

Flying Roar....................

No I didn't have a bet
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Belle La Vie has lost 3 legs. Was gone after 500m.
    RIO said:

small crowds...Damo is fixated with crowd numbers, which are totally irrelevant to the business of racing these days....
    B-)

Wasn't even thinking about crowd numbers when I made the comment. I have many more facets to me than just single causes.

RIO likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited May 2015
    Each Way basis:

R3 Raising Dubai
    R4 Ram Jam can win this. Jetson Express roughie to place
    R6 Drumnoorum with Midnight Shimmer to go well fresh
    R8 Thunderluv'n

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Bradford went like a suck I just can't get Lucy Warwick just hate backing her on back markers Bonny Zara raced like horse that wants 2000m
  • rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    dungy said:

Bradford went like a suck I just can't get Lucy Warwick just hate backing her on back markers Bonny Zara raced like horse that wants 2000m

Had the Bar Plates on today Dungy! I would not of touched it even with your money mate!
    Just an interest i backed the one just in front of yours D/Delight that has not won a race for nearly 2 yrs!
    8-}
  • LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    Jerry the Jet to get Cadenza home [-O<
  • LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    edited May 2015
    dungy said:

#-o  Only back her when she's on heavily weighted ones (highest rated)  and they are 1st or 2nd fave - she doesnt seem to get much else home

oldhendo, The_Bull likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts

Is the footy on today ?

It starts in 20mins....GO RAIDERS!!!! <:-P

Thoroly_Bread likes this post.

hash dislikes this post.

• goosegoose    1,628 posts
    Taking the double Fuschia Bandana and Gigante only bets at Belmont heres hoping.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Good horse Shining Knight but I can never get him. Awful last start. I just don't think Kennedy get his mounts to travel kindly.
  • careycarey    6,368 posts

Good horse Shining Knight but I can never get him. Awful last start. I just don't think Kennedy get his mounts to travel kindly.

i just reckon it was too short for her.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Here come the excuses.... L-)

Chelsea likes this post.