G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members

Inquiry into this race - Bolshoi Bandit

East Coast Racing

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Just unbelievable how blatant some things are. I wonder what the wagering suggested?

Is there a "to run last" market?

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    oh dear oh pharqueing dear....6 months.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Fixed Flucs 10 into 3.80 apparently. 

Must have been a head to head bet with something else
    ...or the wrong money,bomber..or is that just my suspicious mind?
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

hahaha not only has he pulled the horse up he's then blatantly gone back behind a horse to pull around it instead of taking the run in front of him where there was a huge gap and a chance to win the race with the clearest of passages...

maybe a bit of miscommunication between the bird brain jockey's, they've put the pace on upfront allowing him to drop out the back then on the bend they all fan wide to leave him a clear run to the line... but he's got it wrong and has been told it's his turn to win today yet he's thinking the exact opposite    

:))
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    some other website saying the eventual winner was $31 into $9......... Dodgy dodgy dodgy!!!!!
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    According to another website the investigation is because of a complaint from connections of Bolshoi Bandit

paraletic, Ridersonthestorm33, hash likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    didn't see that. Cheers Tony, they must be well pi$$ed off.
  • AquanitaAquanita    566 posts
    I was wondering why it took so long to open an inquiry given how blatant the ride was.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    He did at least pulled the whip before the turn. Think he may have actually given it one down the side too.
    tony said:

According to another website the investigation is because of a complaint from connections of Bolshoi Bandit

as you would if you weren't informed about the suspect riding tactics... was probably the owners that plunged it and got shafted, don't blame em
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
    edited April 2016
    Horse is aptly named. The ride was Bolshoi. Some may say the jock (Rubleson?) Moscow for that ride. I'd like to see the jockey russian to dance his way out of this one. Okay enough puns.

Falcon you reckon 6 months. If found guilty two years at least but I'd give him 5.

Nevershowsurprise likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    That was as dead as a Freos backline
    or in old parlance...as dead as a f*cking maggot....

dungy likes this post.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    edited April 2016
    That's life for mine...I'm sick to death of participating in and bringing new owners into this industry, then having to constantly defend it due to pricks like this ruining our already battered image.

SLIPPERGOLDEN, G-Mac likes this post.

That's life for mine...

I don't disagree if found guilty. 5 years is generous.

Nevershowsurprise likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited April 2016
    hash said:

tony said:

as you would if you weren't informed about the suspect riding tactics... was probably the owners that plunged it and got shafted, don't blame em
    It shouldn't require a complaint from the owners when it's clear as day the horse wasn't trying to win. Not a good look for the industry(Stewards included). Once again owners>punters.

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Imagine having hard earned $ on Bolshoi Bandit and watching the race live...you would be thinking..what the ???

therealkramer, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

hash said:

tony said:

It shouldn't require a complaint from the owners when it's clear as day the horse wasn't trying to win. Not a good look for the industry(Stewards included). Once again owners>punters.
    Exactly! So how many do they miss?
    edited April 2016

Imagine having hard earned $ on Bolshoi Bandit and watching the race live...you would be thinking..what the ???

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited April 2016
    Matthew Cahill got 12 months for his Astromoner ride at Goulburn. That was a classic. Part owned by bookmakers too. A great look for the game. @Nevershowsurprise makes sense. Back to Astromoner for a second..always thought it a odd situation bookmakers being allowed to own and race horses. Just saying. Doesn't have to be clean but at least be seen to be clean. Picture Bet365 or Sportsbet owning a racehorse! God forbid :-S

hash likes this post.

edited April 2016
    Southern Shimmer- Black Nugget Cup 2011. I will forever remember that race. Slow race time, odds on fav snagged back to last and finds trouble all the way down the home straight. Gets out late and storms home. Is three or four lengths clear at the turn past the post.  :-\"

I can only find the audio atm but I remember watching it live and then the replay and it didn't look good. Stewards did nothing.

Matthew Cahill got 12 months for his Astromoner ride at Goulburn. That was a classic. Part owned by bookmakers too. A great look for the game. @Nevershowsurprise makes sense. Back to Astromoner for a second..always thought it a odd situation bookmakers being allowed to own and race horses. Just saying. Doesn't have to be clean but at least be seen to be clean. Picture Bet365 or Sportsbet owning a racehorse! God forbid :-S

he's still got sore biceps from the ride
  • G-MacG-Mac    1,569 posts

It would never win as an odds on favourite that's for sure
  • AquanitaAquanita    566 posts
    Personally I would rather have Bookmakers' ownership out in the open and transparent rather than the alternative many years ago when Bookies owned horses under other peoples names.
    the bookies that come immediately to mind are rod evans and rus Roberts, ken gray owned a few and I think cribby has too.
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts

hash said:

tony said:

No better than here, when a horse ran last, and know the connections were not happy with ride (They say Jockey gave up), and change of rider duly stepped out next run and won. Not a mention in either report. I watched replay of finishing last run, some questions should have been asked

hash said:

tony said:

No better than here, when a horse ran last, and know the connections were not happy with ride (They say Jockey gave up), and change of rider duly stepped out next run and won. Not a mention in either report. I watched replay of finishing last run, some questions should have been asked
    The Southern Shimmer case was a laugh. Regular jockey was off fishing or something. Trainer said he backed the horse so expected it to run well. Trainer is also in the ownership. Since when does having a bet-odds on no less-automatically exempt you from suspicion?
    edited April 2016

Matthew Cahill got 12 months for his Astromoner ride at Goulburn. 

A joke! Frankly those type of rides should out the jockey for life.

hash likes this post.