G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 38 Non Members

Belmont Preview, 28th May 2016

West Australian Racing
PerthTurfTalkPerthTurfTalk    3,054 posts
R1. Schweppes Plate - Scott Embry

Stored Energy was the best credentialed maiden 2 year old two starts back after tackling the states' premier juvenile events: the 2 year old Magic Millions, Group 3 Gimcrack and Group 2 Karrakatta plate. Since then she has put together back to back impressive victories at Belmont Park and looks the logical on top selection here. Will have to peel out three and four deep from about the 600 to round this field up which is obviously a big ask for a youngster but winning form is good form and she should go close to making it a winning hat-trick. Buster's Shadow was green as grass last start when running around like a drunken teenager up the entire length of the home straight when chasing Unmarked Bills. Being back on the fence should help him run straight and if he can settle two or three back the fence will be there abouts. Unmarked Bills looks as though she will just keep rolling and Knuckey should be able to lead then 'rack and stack' as he often does on Simon Miller horses to great effect, especially when the money is on.

1. STORED ENERGY - 4. BUSTER'S SHADOW - 7. UNMARKED BILLS

Comments

• PerthTurfTalkPerthTurfTalk    3,054 posts
    edited May 2016
    R2. Terrace Restaurant - Book Now Handicap - Scott Embry

I have this race marked down as a 2 horse race between Tradesman and Respondent. Respondent is yet to grace the winners' enclosure since his 3 year old days when he won the WATC Derby in stylish fashion. He finally gets up to a suitable trip and I think he will be winning one of these stayers races very soon but purely due to the fact his last win was in April 2014 I'm happy to go with Tradesman to knock him off. Tradesman has won 4 of his 5 career races at Belmont Park and looks to be absolutely screaming out for 2000m. With a 3.5kg weight advantage over Respondent I think he will be able to hold him off and make it 5 wins from 6 starts at Belmont Park and 6 wins from 10 starts in an ultra impressive career to date. Not a whole lot of love for the rest, Tonto is clearly the most talented but also extremely enigmatic and impossible to trust from a betting proposition. I've got him marked as a fresh horse so expect him to battle here.

3. TRADESMAN - 1. RESPONDENT - 2. TONTO

SUGGESTED BET - 3. TRADESMAN $100
    edited May 2016
    R3. James Boags Premium Handicap - Scott Embry

The Military Reign form is clearly superior to anything else in this race and the fact Bourne Supremacy knocked her off two starts in a row before being thrown into the deep end to contest the Roma Cup shows how highly the Gangemi team rate him and how highly he should rate in this race. Drawn perfectly in barrier 2 he should settle mid-field and unleash his electric turn of foot down the straight and prove too hard to hold out and make it three wins from his past four. Windswept was impressive first-up behind Military Reign, should find a spot up on-speed and be hard to beat. Very good chance of a Gangemi quinella in the race. The more rain that falls the better his chances will be. Rule to Wyn is yet another ever consistent Universal Ruler mare, the stock are flying at the minute and she is a definite chance to add to his list of recent winners. Think Showy Chloe will find them a bit sharp at the 1000m and is a lay.

2. BOURNE SUPREMACY - 1. WINDSWEPT - 7. RULE TO WYN

SUGGESTED BET - 2. BOURNE SUPREMACY $50
    edited May 2016
    R4. Fasttrack To 2016/17 Membership Handicap - Scott Embry

Im willing to forgive and forget the last start blemish to the impecable record of Cool Passion. She was drawn outside, only fairly away and had to work very hard to eventually cross to the lead after 600m. I think drawn midfield here without an abundance of speed underneath her that Lucy will fire straight to the front and get a much more comfortable time of it. If she can get a mid-race breather then she will be near on impossible to catch. Drifted like a Japanese Honda in the market last start but this time I expect her to be very well commissioned. Secret Minx comes to town after stringing together 3 most impressive country and provincial wins. Will need a fair bit of luck from barrier 10 to figure but undeniably talented. King River, half brother to Group 3 winner Elite Falls, was well supported first-up after an eyecatching trial. He was sporting blinkers in the trial and races without them again here. I'll wait until they're added, then get on.

3. COOL PASSION - 6. SECRET MINX - 9. KING RIVER

SUGGESTED BET - 3. COOL PASSION $100
    edited May 2016
    R5. Perth Racing Young Membership Handicap - Scott Embry

Bob Peters Import of quality gallopers and Export of even better ones once they've reached the pinnacle of WA racing continues to astound on lookers. 3 year old New Zealand filly Dezzies Dream was ultra impressive at her WA debut win, Queenslander Point got the money on Wednesday at his second WA start and likewise Romelo looks very hard to beat here second-up in the country. He was a major unknown first-up at a mile and savaged the line with a brilliant burst late from well back in the field. Steps straight up into a 2100m event and looks a big, strong, genuine staying type who will relish the distance and bullock his way through the grades rapidly. Toppa Dawozza was desperately unlucky last start not to have finished in the money with Troy Turner unable to find clear running at crucial stages aboard a grinding type who needs every ounce of momentum. Sticking with him here because I am convinced he will win one sooner rather than later. Our Mate Al looks like he is in for a profitable winter and gets up to a genuine trip for the first time this preparation. Saxapack came from the same race as Romelo and is an honest type worthy of inclusion.

5. ROMELO (NZ) - 12. TOPPA DAWOZZA - 8. OUR MATE AL
    edited May 2016
    R6. Pink Ladies Day Luncheon - July 9 Handicap - Scott Embry

Happy to narrow this leg of the quaddie down to three, namely: Great Shot, The Cobbla and Scales of Justice. Great Shot was super impressive first-up after a blistering trial victory where he ran a talented type like Windswept into the ground in slick time. Got things all his own way last start and with Key to Fame engaged I think he will find this a bit tougher and need to do a bit more mid-race work. Scales of Justice and The Cobbla should get a lovely tow into the race and be camped right behind the two leaders and get their chance to turn the tables on Great Shot. Sigil was highly impressive in mid-week graded aided by the cutaway bias. This is harder and even with Pike in the saddle I think he will struggle to fill a place in the first four. Jetoomy was backed as if unbeatable at his first start for the JT Warwick yard and left the bookies on their knees. Again this is a much harder assignment and I could not find a place for him in the selections. Keeping it simple: Great Shot, The Cobbla and Scales of Justice. Think they are a class above.

1. THE COBBLA - 3. SCALES OF JUSTICE - 2. GREAT SHOT
    edited May 2016
    R7. Belmont Sprint - Scott Embry

Battle Hero surprised me last start winning the Roma Cup. He was backed off the charts and duly saluted, as is generally the case in WA. He adores Belmont Park and is now undefeated after 3 starts at the Concrete Jungle. I would have thought he was stronger at 1400 than he is at 1200m and so will be mighty hard to beat again here. That being said, you can't keep a champ down and I think Luckygray will be incredibly hard to beat. Remarkably I was able to back Luckygray at even money the place in the Roma Cup after his massive drift in the market and second-up here, with a career record of 3 wins from 5 starts and 4 wins from 11 starts at 7 furlongs I think the Belmont Sprint is his for the taking. Magnifisio is again poised to make the boys work for it and she is definitely back in form after being below her best for almost a 12 month period. They look the obvious three who will hold a mortgage over the market and beyond them I think that Hazzabeel is one who will continue to improve as the distances progress. Wink and a Nod is all class and should get a soft run tucked away on the fence. Will need gaps to open for her to be a threat.

1. LUCKYGRAY - 3. BATTLE HERO - 9. MAGNIFISIO

SUGGESTED BET - 1. LUCKYGRAY $50 x $50

frenc11 likes this post.

edited May 2016
    R8. Amelia Park Beef Handicap - Scott Embry

The Cerise and White Juggernaut continues to dominate in WA steam rolling anyone and everyone in its path. Dezzies Dream is a 3 year old filly taking on the older opposition here and after the claim for highly touted apprentice CJP carries a postage stamp weight of 53kg. Having finished third to Risque in the New Zealand 1000 Guineas in November last year there can be no argument that she will stuggle with the rise in distance and off that form I find it hard to believe she wont be able to match it with the rise in class. Dealt a bitter blow at the barrier draw in a rare capacity line-up but looks a classy commodity worth following with the Belmont Oaks a logical target. Military Ruler was levels above talented types like Respondent, North Ridge and Tonto last start and with So Who's Harry an early scratching he should find the front and run along to the beat of his own drum. Incredibly hard to roll and deserving of a pretty tight quote. Reflectance is better than his first-up effort. PTT Quad: 1,5,6,8,12 / 1,2,3 / 1,3,9 / 4,11 - $100 = 83%

11. DEZZIES DREAM (NZ) - 4. MILITARY RULER - 9. REFLECTANCE

SUGGESTED BET - 11. DEZZIES DREAM (NZ) $20 x $30
  • Perth_PreviewPerth_Preview    25 posts

Race 1             4 – 1 – 8 – 9                4
    Buster’s Shadow                  EACH-WAY

Race 2
                4 – 1 – 3 – 8                4
    Dark Musket                         WIN

Race 3            
    2* – 1 – 9 – 8                2 Bourne Supremacy*          WIN

Race 4            
    3 – 1 – 9 – 8                3 Cool Passion                         WIN

Race 5            
    6 – 1 – 5 – 7                6 Saxapak                                EACH-WAY

Race 6            
    11 – 3 – 1 – 2              11 Jetoomy                             EACH-WAY

Race 7            
    1 – 3 – 9 – 12              1 Luckygray                             EACH-WAY

Race 8            
    7 – 4 – 1 – 11              7 Thunderclap Newman        EACH-WAY

For full race-by-race previews, visit the Perth Preview (.com) website.

• ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    Like a couple tomorrow at good odds
    Mad Brad
    Dusha Zachistki
    Hazabeel

frenc11, rustyh likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    In an attempt to rekindle my interest, ive had a good look tomorrow and have seemingly come up with similar thoughts to @OliversTwist and @Perth_Preview

My 3 shorties tomorrow are

Dark Musket - "Savage" is on board and how can you resist down to 51kg. Gets 4kg on Tradesman and 6.5kg off last start, where was wide throughout 4th up over 2100m. With cover in transit its his race tomorrow. Tradesman definately the one to beat but at the prices Darlk Musket for me.
    Bourne Supremacy - @OliversTwist pretty much covers it, has the superior form lines hereshould get the job done after a great run at WFA. Showy Clhloe will never get me again, especially at the 1000m, look for her flashing late to suck the punters in again next start
    Romelo - Hard not to be impressed first up at 1600 and looks perfect with the step to 2100m. Bit of a field of battlers here and I think he is going to be one of the better stayers in the coming seasons. I'll label the best of the day for mine.

Have to have a roughy, especially with Punta giving a free hit. Again, @OliversTwist eluded to this

Reflectance - Forget it went round last start. 1200 m and wide throughout with a muddling pace, he found the last 200m too much after working the whole way. Needs a genuine pace and I reckon they might get it here even with Harry out, with the likes of New Time, Thunderclap Newman, Military Ruler and even Wobbegong thinking its their chance to take up the running. I can see Lucy getting a gun run from 7 and peeling out on straightening and going whoosh and hearing Darren calling "here come the white socks of the flashy chestnut".  Anyway, a free hit of $25 on at $26-1 can only benefit me, so no damage otherwise.

Winsumlosesum, Gray, OliversTwist likes this post.

• GrayGray    4,090 posts
    PUNTA is handing out a free bet this week for members

This week PUNTA is offering all members the outsider's chance to pocket a small fortune.

Login and receive a $25 FREE BET to place on any runner paying $10 or more. Hit Request next to your chosen runner, tick the box and ride your roughie home.

Check out our markets

Offer ends 12pm Saturday.

I had a go at Kilkenny Joe at 15's 

cheers PUNTA

hash, rustyh likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Sigil in race 6 is $12 most places so I don't think i'll have trouble securing $10+ but the other one I like is the toppie in the last (currently $9) I need it to drift a point to get on

rustyh likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    drifted, just for you... 

rustyh likes this post.

• GrayGray    4,090 posts
    gee I reckon Drupa is way overs at $31, poor alley but Im sure will be in finish.

rustyh, PAUL likes this post.

The Diva said:

drifted, just for you... 

that's not a good sign surely, think I might steer clear now.. thanks for the lead though  ;;) :P

rustyh likes this post.

• OliversTwistOliversTwist    1,240 posts
    Bourne Supremacy will end up very short....Windswept - Scratched

H-BOMBER, rustyh likes this post.

this meeting is thinning right out. 
    interestingly, wednesday is the first meeting with no barriers until acceptances....
    still a lot of horses bailing on bad barriers saturday. 
    :-B

rustyh likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i'm in bali so am incommunicado (
    :-?) but i can sniff out a freebie...is it possible to have my 250,000 rupia on saxapac?
    thanks mr. diva

rustyh likes this post.

• FreoHitmanFreoHitman    426 posts
    Race 5 - 1&5 standouts
    2 & 11 blackbooks
    Emperyus is 1 that really itrigues

The last one that had me intrigued like this was Tanjier about a year ago . And it shat in by 5 lengths !!!

H-BOMBER, rustyh likes this post.

• tomtom    76 posts
    Having a bit on Mr Utopia won first up over east last year Jagsy quiet rider should suit
  • FreoHitmanFreoHitman    426 posts

Bourne Supremacy will end up very short....Windswept - Scratched

mad brad mmm

• frenc11frenc11    102 posts
    Chelsea said:

Like a couple tomorrow at good odds
    Mad Brad
    Dusha Zachistki
    Hazabeel

mad brad each way

Chelsea likes this post.

My free PUNTA bet is on Dusha Zachistki

hash, rustyh likes this post.

Chelsea said:

do you give Klondike Kenny any hope Chelsea?

gallopracer likes this post.

• careycarey    6,368 posts
    before scratchings.......

xlsx
    xlsx
    BELM_28052016.xlsx

rustyh likes this post.

hash said:

Chelsea said:

Some chance from a good gate

do you give Klondike Kenny any hope Chelsea?

FK yeah! I'm liking the look of these carey... much more of a difference today and you can actually sort through them and pick off some nice overs, these ones today aren't as compressed pricewise as previous days :)>-
    All the free bets are for:

Reflectance $26 into $15 - will give away $4k if it wins

Sigil $12 into $9 - givng away $2200 if it wins

Saxapak $13 into $9 - giving away $1500 if it wins

Kilkenny Joe $18 to $15 - giving away $1000 if it wins

Secret Minx $12 into $11 - giving away $1000 if it wins

Fuchsia Bandana $21 to $14 - giving away $2000 if it wins. 

H-BOMBER, Gray likes this post.

• careycarey    6,368 posts
    new r7 after scratching

jpg
    jpg
    belmont7.jpg