G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members
Much like the Hannans, it looks too hard a race for me to have any serious money on. Falcon Crest looks the deserved favourite but odds way too short for me, especially over these long staying trips. Call me crazy but I think I'm going to have a small each-way on QUINTESSENCE, heavy the place. Up a million classes but one of the few that has been running well over the staying journeys at Kal. 67(121 with a powerplay)/16 will do me nicely.

Comments

• DaleDale    1,346 posts
    i starred at Quintessece on the self serve thing for a sold 5 minutes today looking at the fixed price of $61 trying to convince my self to have a sneaky $10 each way. Walked away and had $50 wins on Bedamijo instead. the way my luck is going it will win by 5.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited September 2016
    Don't Get Caught won quite well last start in the Boulder Cup. Hopefully can hold the form.Like Peter Hall in the middle distance races...each way all day everyday..Hyundai!
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts

Don't Get Caught won quite well last start in the Boulder Cup. Hopefully can hold the form.Like Peter Hall in the middle distance races...each way all day everyday..Hyundai!

Sharp rise in weight for Boulder Cup winner & Runner Up with no Itsahymn supressing weights a bit. Hard to carry 59kg over the 2300m

LuckyLongshots likes this post.

edited September 2016
    Agree Loose Goose but don't forget the minimum horses are on 55kg. Twenty years ago they would have been carrying 48! Country Cup staying racing all around Australia the top weights have never got in so well. Some of the 'light weights' in these types of races have got zero chance at the weights.

thefalcon, Tucool likes this post.

edited September 2016
    Say you have a horse for example like Junoob in NSW not quite good enough to measure up to the best of them...he can go to one of these Country Cups and get about 59..some of the lightweights just out of Maiden class get 55!! People say huge effort by 'Junoob' to win say the Scone Cup carrying 59...in reality with his record a Junoob type is thrown in. Keep an eye on Country Cup handicap staying races from all over Australia in the next six months...guarantee saddlecloth numbers 1 and 2 play the most part...they are 'thrown in' because the ones at the bottom are totally disadvantaged by 2016 standards.

thefalcon likes this post.

• jamie70jamie70    73 posts
    My Cup Trifecta  ...

Falcon Crest/ Cougar Express (Only Winning Hopes)
    Grand Reward / On The Ropes / Dont Get Caught
    Raising Dubai / Kronfeld / Magic Miss / Tahgeo Jay

Good Punting To All
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    edited September 2016
    Weather up here is perfect. Looking forward to a good day out! Tips welcome...

Only standout I can find is R4 No.6 Crown Saga
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    read the stewards report on Grand Reward..another smokey is Kronfeld....good quinella..
    Don't Get Caught or you may find yourself On The Ropes being chased by a Cougar Express looking for a Grand Reward is my trifecta...plus Pike!
  • ThumperThumper    820 posts
    GGG in the last hard to beat
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts

Don't Get Caught or you may find yourself On The Ropes being chased by a Cougar Express looking for a Grand Reward is my trifecta...plus Pike!

Five Cougars, thanks! =P~

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Pike got too far back there on the fav-wasn't stuck to the inside so he could go when he wanted to but was left with too much to do on the home turn. Winner carried weight and was strong all the way to the line.

LuckyLongshots likes this post.

# 1 & # 2 Saddlecloths in Country Cup middle distance events Australia wide will dominate in years to come. They are fair dinkum thrown in at the weights.
    Trk you are right about the winner carrying weight...but the minimum was 55 ...two thirds of them should have been carrying 48!! These top weights carrying the grandstand in Country Cups are getting it easy.

oldhendo likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Was watching the cup as an observer only, must say the ride on the winner was 10/10. Got the gun spot, put into the race at the right time and kept on grinding. Well deserved win.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

big go on kronfeld..I got 17's fixed on sat. started 8.50 fixed.....didn't do me much good....had a shocking weekend....oh for infathuated...shthalfhd......black and gold baked beans for the falcon this week... :((

Good tipping @Jamie70...summed it up in two.

Legless, jamie70 likes this post.

Don't worry Falcon...makes the good days all the more enjoyable....I couldn't tip a baby out of bed :-<

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    thefalcon said:

big go on kronfeld..I got 17's fixed on sat. started 8.50 fixed.....didn't do me much good....had a shocking weekend....oh for infathuated...shthalfhd......black and gold baked beans for the falcon this week... :((

Surely you could get Watties. Now there is a baked bean =P~

Thanks Ridersonthestorm33.

Hope a few read my tip and put something on the exacta or tri.

There on again tmrw @ Northam, I will try to find a few to make some coin on.

Will place my tips on the blog too. That adds pressure to getting my selections right.
    Having just recently purchased a share in a 2yo to be trained by Lindsey Smith I had extra fun cheering on the Kalgoorlie Cup Winner (all the way from my home town Adelaide).

paraletic, oldhendo likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    jamie70 said:

Having just recently purchased a share in a 2yo to be trained by Lindsey Smith I had extra fun cheering on the Kalgoorlie Cup Winner (all the way from my home town Adelaide).

best wishes with the purchase, maybe in a few years you will be cheering yours home in the Kal Cup!
  • bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    edited September 2016
    Going to Kal for that two day meeting is on the bucket list. 

I looked at the Best bookies site and I reckon that it would have been the strongest betting ring in years. 7 bookies from that site working and possibly some local bookies as well. So well done to the club for attracting a strong betting ring. I hope it was a worthwhile and profitable exercise for all concerned.

On the other hand, you have a Queens birthday holiday meeting today at Northam, and it looks like a fair holiday crowd lining the fence, yet no bookie, at least that I can see on the BB site. Maybe, all the bookies were worn out after Kal.
    :-S
    heard the was no money in Kal, BL....
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Is George Grljusich, that is training in Kal George Junior?? Or Junior junior??
    Definitely not junior or junior junior...but that's all I know!

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    So there is another person with the same name....Fair enough, just looked weird seeing his name there.
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Didn't he have a share in Northerly?
  • buffybuffy    273 posts
    No share in Northerly. Was training in Kal some 40 years back. Very clever at the training caper.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    thefalcon said:

heard the was no money in Kal, BL....

The mining boom collapse might have had something to do with that Falc.
    Speaking to some local bookies, they also bemoan the fact that there isn't a lot of cash at the track.

That could be because of school holidays and our Royal Melbourne Show is on, and the wallet only stretches so far.