AFL 2016 Trade Week / AFL 2017

Sport
ChrisChris    5,216 posts
Starting a new thread.
+1 -1

jum likes this post.

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,619 posts
    Jack Frost, who couldn't get a game at Collingwood, goes to Brisbane on a 3 year deal. Yet another genuine C grader heads north to top up his super. Will that basket case of a club never,ever learn.....they have been picking up everyone else's left overs for years and years......Who allows this rubbish to keep happening?

Gilgamesh, loose_goose likes this post.

• jumjum    3,508 posts

Absolutely loving the news that west coast are looking at giving Clem Smith From Carlton another go. =))  =)). Previously Kane Lucas =))  =)) .

Trust me there are a few more spuds on our list they can have.

:-bd

JayJay, BlacksAFake likes this post.

RIO dislikes this post.

And now we see Greg Swan (Greg who?) come out and say the Lions are prepared to trade Pick No 2 if "something suitable" can be arranged. They have learnt nothing from being the standing joke of football clubs for the last 6 years. Other clubs will be all over pick no 2 in exchange for another genuine spud.

jum, RIO, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Why would Swan be calling the shots on Football matters? He can't even run the club profitably or efficiently. And some of his past calls on trading have been rippers...Dale Thomas comes to mind. 
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Robin nahas is available

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• jumjum    3,508 posts
    Dale Thomas X_X
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    JayJay said:

And now we see Greg Swan (Greg who?) come out and say the Lions are prepared to trade Pick No 2 if "something suitable" can be arranged. They have learnt nothing from being the standing joke of football clubs for the last 6 years. Other clubs will be all over pick no 2 in exchange for another genuine spud.

Would take 2 (and a player) for Deledio :)
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Dale Thomas was Micks wanting and getting rid of Betts as a result!!
    C...head!!
    jum said:

Absolutely loving the news that west coast are looking at giving Clem Smith From Carlton another go. =))  =)). Previously Kane Lucas =))  =)) .

Trust me there are a few more spuds on our list they can have.

:-bd
    Clem Smith dead set spud

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,232 posts
    Hahahaha

RIO likes this post.

Brisbane allocated a priority draft pick (end of first round currently pick 19) which gives them 4 picks inside the top 30. Whats the betting they trade the draft picks for the likes of Frost or any other genuine D graders......the best indicator of future behaviour is past behaviour. Why not try a rebuild based on kids, develop them, give them time and then do something about keeping them there?
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Tivers said:

Leppa and Dimma mmmmmmm it just goes from bad to worse at Tigerland
    Only thing worse would be being stuck with "Ross" for the next 7 years.

RIO likes this post.

Oh I dunno, Lions now after Lynden Dunne...apparently he played for Melbourne .....another fantastic selection I would have thought!!!

Gilgamesh likes this post.

For the uninitiated, 29 years old, played 4 League games this year.......yep, a very promising addition to the list, should fit in seamlessly.

TIGERS ‘THE MOST DISAPPOINTING LIST’ IN THE AFL

LIST guru Chris Pelchen believes Richmond has the most underperforming list in the AFL.

The Tigers were under intense scrutiny for their poor form this year, and Pelchen believes this stems back to their drafting and trading strategy over the past few years.

“Ultimately this is probably the most disappointing list in the competition,” Pelchen told AFL Tonight.

“Their last six years of drafting and trading has been questionable. To be recycling players from opposition clubs that don’t come into the elite category is very dangerous.

“It’s all right when you’ve made the grand final, but they got ahead of themselves and I think they are still living under false pretence.

Pelchen also took a swipe at the club’s PR department.

“What they’ve delivered over the last few years compared to what they’ve spoken about, the mixed messages coming out of Punt Road have been enormous,” he said.

“I don’t say this lightly, they are basically an uncompetitive side around the footy. That flies in the face of their coach Damien Hardwick.

“This club has plenty of work to do. To hear them talking about finals next year is the wrong message. They really have to go hard at the national draft.”

Theyve performed the most disappointing? Or the players on it are a disappointing lot? 

I challenge the tiges to look at the Kangas list... minus all the players that have been sacked or p&ssed off to other clubs.

Abysmal. 
    higgins, goldstein and tarrant are good players...... and then there's nothin.....
  • PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    Ty Vickery is now at Hawthorn after Richmond decided not to match Hawthorn's offer. Richmond receive a 2nd-round compensation pick (currently pick 26).
    Yay.
    Bring him in on pick 8.
    Send him off for pick 26.
    Gibbs declares he wants to go to Adelaide, after previously declaring his love for all things Blue. Must have fallen out with the little fella in the Highchair who might demand some accountability from him. I am no fan, reckon Brycey is as about as effective as Yul Brynner's barber.

jum, Gilgamesh, BlacksAFake likes this post.

Jibbs

JayJay likes this post.

Collingwood have officially made an offer to unrestricted free agent, Daniel Wells. Kangaroos receive a second-round compensation pick (currently pick 32).
    I think so. Fremantle only exchanged pick 3 for pick 7, plus received two additional picks, picks 34 and 72. Didn't really have to give up much at all in the end. Almost like a 'mulligan' in golf.
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    TheDiva said:

Just need to get him out of Metropolis at a reasonable hour.

JayJay likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,657 posts
    The AFL Women's draft is tomorrow. I photographed Brianna Green this afternoon, she is expected to go early and hopefully to Fremantle so she can stay at home.

I will be able to release the full library tomorrow on my website, but here is  couple of the last shots of the day.
    jpg
    jpg
    1 (1 of 1).jpg
    4M
    jpg
    jpg
    11 (1 of 1).jpg
    2M

jum likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,657 posts
    Further to  my last post, Brianna Green was selected at pick 13, the 2nd for the Fremantle Dockers

jum likes this post.

• silkysilky    342 posts
    Tom Mitchell now signed with the Hawks