G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 1 Non Members

Laid Back Tim Does it In Style

Harness & Greyhounds
JayJayJayJay    7,619 posts
edited October 2016 Harness & Greyhounds
This is the perfectly balanced laid back "american style" drive from a real pro....what a sweet drive on New Born Sassy from outside gate.

Comments

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,883 posts
    Hopefully M Grantham watches that - basically all the drivers were the same in that race - none of them were horizontal - they were all about 45 degrees

The interesting thing when you read stewards reports - some times inexperienced drivers are  referred back to Trevor Warwick - head of the driving school

I wonder what Tricky is telling them - what style etc - because he had a fairly long stint in the States

Pete McMullen in QLD  is a very good exponent - alot of his lead all the way - at decent odds - and boot right away

Offthebit, JayJay likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,619 posts
    I think Tetrick is great to watch...balance, the horses are reined up, he is in control, he reads pace extremely well, maintains his cool...what a peach of a drive....it only just lasted and didn't want to go much further. I picked it out deliberately, a relatively minor $25k "heat race" rather than selecting one of the super stars he drives that perhaps anyone could steer around.
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    I thought the "lean back style" was to take the weight off the horses.

Two queries about M Grantham is the bouncing in the cart when he applies the whip, the weight would be shifted down and up on the horse

also how does he see whats in front of him, surely he couldnt see.

I have also noticed M Ferguson, S McDonald who lean back been fined $100 several times for hitting wheels
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Pete McMullen drive immediately after start Redcliffe trot 6 last night on odds favourite Benny McGuire from barrier 1. On harness replays - interesting. :-\"
    Horse looked like it didn't want to be there.....don't know the form or the horse but the drive didn't appear out of the ordinary....went rough after the start, broke again going into the back, breezed and dropped out completely. Drive seemed okay, horse went terrible.
    Report in the West today that Michael Young disqualified for 4 years over the Telegraph Love/Baby Houseman race at Albany last January. Change of tactics without advising the stewards, informing a 3rd party that he would hand up to Telegraph Love and Telegraph Love subsequently heavily supported, and not driving Baby Houseman with vigor until the last 100m.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts

Not a good look particularly as he was suspended for six weeks on the same night in Race 4 for driving in an unacceptable manner.
  • rooster321rooster321    186 posts
    Decent wack 4yrs
  • Browny123Browny123    97 posts
    Got off light really..5 years is normally the minimum for race fixing
    JayJay said:

Horse looked like it didn't want to be there.....don't know the form or the horse but the drive didn't appear out of the ordinary....went rough after the start, broke again going into the back, breezed and dropped out completely. Drive seemed okay, horse went terrible.
    Report in the West today that Michael Young disqualified for 4 years over the Telegraph Love/Baby Houseman race at Albany last January. Change of tactics without advising the stewards, informing a 3rd party that he would hand up to Telegraph Love and Telegraph Love subsequently heavily supported, and not driving Baby Houseman with vigor until the last 100m.

I might be wrong Jay Jay - but isnt that the guy who posts on here - as Mick - the guy who has got an aggro tone with most of his posts - and ripped into you when you said B Boaz was dissappointing one night - and you were proved right - because the horse was later found to have a virus

4 years is a severe penalty - what Clint Hall did with the EPO is 100 times worse -because horses welfare is at stake  and he got 5 years

In his defence - Baby Houseman is a very ordinary horse - its latest form - or all its form proves that . - nothing wrong with taking a sit - didnt tell stewards prior to the race - re change of tactics - thats no big deal  - the big problem is the owner bloke - Edwards backed the winner of the race heavily

JayJay likes this post.

• OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts
    I have no sympathy whatsoever for our old mate mick511. If you are going to rort as blatantly/stupidly as that, then you deserve every minute of the 4 year penalty.
  • OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts
    edited October 2016
    Markovina said:

JayJay said:

I might be wrong Jay Jay - but isnt that the guy who posts on here - as Mick - the guy who has got an aggro tone with most of his posts - and ripped into you when you said B Boaz was dissappointing one night - and you were proved right - because the horse was later found to have a virus

4 years is a severe penalty - what Clint Hall did with the EPO is 100 times worse -because horses welfare is at stake  and he got 5 years

In his defence - Baby Houseman is a very ordinary horse - its latest form - or all its form proves that . - nothing wrong with taking a sit - didnt tell stewards prior to the race - re change of tactics - thats no big deal  - the big problem is the owner bloke - Edwards backed the winner of the race heavily
    The stewards have proved he went onto the track that day with every intention of not only losing the race on his own horse but also helping an opposition horse win. Enough said......

JayJay likes this post.

Yep, pretty sure that iwas Mick....life goes on, he was entitled to his view on BB, no sleep lost.
    On the surface, it is hard to draw a line of equality with the variance in penalties. C.Hall got 5 years for receiving 8 vials of EPO through the post from Rodney Weightman, the "Blue Magic" man. He was never charged with administration or positive swabs. Weightman was charged with 7 positive swaps to Blue Magic, propanthelene bromide...remember Our Equal Opportunity and Angus Puddleduck....and he got 5 years. Weightman got the Blue Magic from New Zealander Robert Asquith who also supplied it to Mark Purdon (Light And Sound) around the 2004 New Zealand cup. The horse never tested positive, Purdon initially pleaded guilty to giving Light And Sound "a substance" but was never actually found guilty. It is difficult to compare Michael Young's 4 year penalty for what is essentially a "boat race", with extras, with C.Hall's receiving an express post package with vials of EPO.
  • jumjum    3,508 posts

There are Boat races EVERY Friday night at Gloucester Park. And YES the money does "GET ON" and is 95% of the time right.  

Geez the stewards are a courageous mob. Picking out a race at Albany.

Offthebit, Browny123 likes this post.

Money trail a lot easier to follow at Albany and arrogance and stupidity look to have been significant factors.

jum, Offthebit likes this post.

Yes but if the owner of BH had kept his mouth shut - Mick would have got off

If the owner who backed the winner heavily had said to the stewards - look my horse was under the odds - which it was - my horse BH is a very ordinary horse - which it has proved to be - thus i decided to back the 2nd favourite - nothing would have happened

But the owner who divulged to the stewards - that Mick told him he was going to hand up the lead to the winner - from a penalty point of view - has thrown Mick under the bus - right under the back wheels

If you watch a replay the 2nd horse had a dream run - got off the pegs at the 400 - but like i say it is a very ordinary horse

paraletic, jum, JayJay, Mick511 likes this post.

Winner was beaten 40.9m at $27 at its previous start and was $13 to $3.60 on Dynamic Odds fluctuations so was hardly a clear 2nd favourite for this event.

Started at $39 on the TAB the following week from barrier 2, broke twice and pulled up and not sighted since.

No form line for the heavy support unless you had something in your favour.

Offthebit likes this post.

Hey Mick511 - if you want a bit of good advice - re appealing the decision

If i was in your position - i would ring Lance Justice in Victoria

Lance is in the twilight of his career and must have a bit of spare time - and represents a lot of drivers at appeals - in the past 12 months he would have probably represented 30 or 40 drivers in appeals

So if a driver gets 6 weeks 4 weeks 2 weeks - $400 fine for improper whip use whatever - at the appeal - 9 times out of 10 - you read - Driver Representative - L Justice

Thats the bloke i would be contacting - a top notch trainer /driver - who is highly experienced in appeals

cisco likes this post.

• Mick511Mick511    64 posts
    Hi Marko I have Tom Percy handling the appeal