Who's Online

• tony   28 seconds ago
1 Members & 19 Non Members

Honkers r4 abandoned

East Coast Racing
Can anyone tell me why?

Comments

• troopertrooper    681 posts
    Cost me a fortune then next race backed moreira and geez. 
  • JayJayJayJay    7,620 posts
    Gates didnt open correctly, unfair start.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,944 posts
    cop the refunds on that ONE mid-week race almost 20MILLION aud....wow!!!

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited October 2016
    A lazy one hundred and twenty six million Hong Kong dollars in the pool to be refunded. We still have literally just hundreds of dollars invested on some races in various pools as they are about to jump. A national tote pool with lower takeout rates is long overdue.

rustyh, thefalcon likes this post.

...and so bloody easy to implement, riders....
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,714 posts
    It must be easy because both stab and nsw tab can combine with the Hong Kong pool!

Would have to be the first race i've bet in Hong Kong all season, a nice little collect on the Clipperton mount for a place while having a counter meal, then wake up in the morning to see abandoned, sorry Sam.
  • LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    non comparable to here

They have 2 race tracks. They have about 20 Trainers and about 40 odd hoops and I think about 1400 horses in total go around in a year.

The HKJC holds a government-granted monopoly on horse races, football matches, and lotteries. Gambling involving a bookmaker is illegal.  Bet anywhere else or on anything else and you will be arrested by a task force.

Basically if you want to have a punt in HK - you bet on what the HKJC says you bet on
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    With about 1 min to race time on some meetings we bet on... Win pool $258 Place $116 Quinella $47 Exacta $23 Trifecta $85 and so it goes....the justification to bet tote on some of these meetings is approximately zero. Fixed odds markets sometimes running upwards of 120% not a great incentive either. Is it possible for Tabcorp to sqeeze in one more race/dog/trot/ meeting from somewhere else in the world ? Sadly quantity has slowly replaced quality.

cisco, jum, oldhendo, rustyh, thefalcon, JayJay likes this post.

i must check the pools on those Scandinavian trots, French and Sth. African races.

JayJay, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,714 posts
    thefalcon said:

i must check the pools on those Scandinavian trots, French and Sth. African races.

I have a feeling we have combined pools with South Africa on some meetings now too. Only pools we cant combine are the local.