G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 14 Non Members

Another raspberry to Mark Reed knockers

West Australian Racing
lets_elopelets_elope    299 posts
edited November -1 West Australian Racing
Kincaple, Offer Me Jewels, Crispiano all are firing so much for being just a gear trainer.

He's improved Kincaple a furlong on the supposedly good trainer it had previously and has gotten it over any issues that it may have had previously and has never raced or looked better during its entire career.

This guy is a real talent, he's a very good horsemen and I think all of those who bashed him previously need to have a good long hard look at themselves in the mirror and realise that maybe just maybe they need to reassess the way they go about their own business.

Comments

• HenleyBrookHenleyBrook    408 posts
    mark is doing really well.

Interestingly enough, look at the distance his horses all race. The last sprint win he had would of been with peach tree in January. Perhaps he is only interested in stayers? If stats are anything to go by, he could be the best trainer of stayers in Perth.
  • lets_elopelets_elope    299 posts
    That's why its clever given the quality or rather the lack thereof of the stayers here why wouldnt you target staying races I can't believe that more people haven't woken up to that.
    It also just happens that most of his owners have staying bred horses and also think along those same lines and he enjoys training stayers but he wouldn't have any problem if given a decent sprinter either, like I've always maintained he's a very good horsemen and gives them a lot of hands on indivdual attention and has no desire to train a large team of horses as logically you can't give them the same sort of individual attention.
  • joneseejonesee    715 posts
    Raspberry indeed. :wink:
  • rickrick    487 posts
    guys each to there own opinon but when i hear the MARK REED name someone else comes to mind like G D HARPER. and correct me if im wrong but dont stayers go better on bi carb than sprinters only my opinon.
  • it's what went with the bi carb that made G H's horses go faster
  • rickrick    487 posts
    i knew there was more to it just didnt know what.
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    I dont understand LE thinking yeh there were knockers of Chopper due to him having a horse read over ???? Pretty simple isnt it he got caught so whats with the stick it up them theory ?? The bloke can train i like backing his horses but he was found guilty of doing something inproper it aint that hard surley
  • RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    How did Mark Reed's horses perform whilst he was doing his time? I think they struggled. There's only 2 scenarios possible. He is either so superior to all other trainers in WA or.........
    Being from harness racing and already serving time isn't a good look and if he's the best trainer going round, it'd suck that people are suspicious.
    Only time will tell.
  • careycarey    6,368 posts
    lets elope needs to explain why he thinks one group of people are arseholes, for doing what i still don't know.
    and apparently another group, or maybe they are the same(who knows!) need to admire themselves in the mirror because they just don't happen to like crooks that do the wrong thing and STEAL off punters.
    And STEALING is exactly what it was.
    you're a great each way bettor are you not let's elope?
    could you please do me a favour and change your moniker, because let's elope was very consistent, and you are sullying her good name!
    :lol:
    said:

lets elope needs to explain why he thinks one group of people are arseholes, for doing what i still don't know.
    and apparently another group, or maybe they are the same(who knows!) need to admire themselves in the mirror because they just don't happen to like crooks that do the wrong thing and STEAL off punters.
    And STEALING is exactly what it was.
    you're a great each way bettor are you not let's elope?
    could you please do me a favour and change your moniker, because let's elope was very consistent, and you are sullying her good name!
    :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Mark Reed's horses were and are extremely consistent, Offer Me Jewels very consistent once it's fit and up to its optimal distance range, Kincaple very consistent, Gondorf and Peach Tree were extremely consistent but are probably well and truly past their best and on their marks the only one that wasn't was Best Beware and the horse had more problems than you could poke a stick at, it also possessed a stack of ability on its day and required a team of psychiatrists working fulltime 24 / 7 to even have any semblance of hope of getting inside its head.

Whipsaw was consistent prior to its injury even the plodder Esroh was consistent when in its right races.

The kid can train and they're are a lot of precious / jealous people out there who refuse to accept that and the fact that most really good harness trainers are better horseman than the thoroughbred trainers in WA.

It is far harder to gear and gait a pacer properly than it is to train a thoroughbred ask Fred Kersley about the difference, the biggest problem a harness trainer has when coming to the gallops is learning to balance the workload properly and some definitely haven't quite mastered that skill but the ones that do learn that skill they seemingly have little difficulty in coping with the training of the thoroughbred.

Look at the success Kellie Kersley is having with ordinary horses and the job that Grant Williams is doing, Mark etc

Its because they're not just prepared to train the same way its been done here for the last 30 or 40 years and are prepared to try new methods and are not pigheaded and set in their ways.

There were also very big question marks over that swab and the handling and processing of it and Mark would have been perfectly entitled to fight it to his last breath but instead to his credit he put his hand up, unlike a number of other thoroughbred trainers, handed in his brief prior to any sentencing and did his time and is probably the better for it.
  • primemoverprimemover    141 posts
    LE What's he like in bed? :D
    You d have to ask his missus that, I've known the kid since he was 14 and he was an enormous talent then who knew exactly what he wanted to do and nothing has changed since.
  • joneseejonesee    715 posts
    LE -- the trots are completely and utterly stuffed. Thoroughbred racing needs to be very very careful of this huge influx of phenomenally successful and consistent harness racing trainers who know how to gear and gait their horses very well.
    I would have to say one of the most important skills any trainer can possess is the ability to be able to tell you accurately when your horse is going to win most of the top trotting turned thoroughbred trainers can, not many thoroughbred trainers here can tell you that repeatedly with any accuracy, the Mortons, Jim Taylo,r Durrant etc not many others and if your an owner who doesn't mind a bet surely that's one of the things you would look for in a trainer.
    The continual poor management of harness racing over many many years/ decades has very little to do with the training prowess of its leading industry participants.
  • JordanJordan    1,827 posts
    said:

I would have to say one of the most important skills any trainer can possess is the ability to be able to tell you accurately when your horse is going to win most of the top trotting turned thoroughbred trainers can, not many thoroughbred trainers here can tell you that repeatedly with any accuracy, the Mortons, Jim Taylo,r Durrant etc not many others and if your an owner who doesn't mind a bet surely that's one of the things you would look for in a trainer.

I agree with that !
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    I don't. A few of the older trainers can wind them up like a bloody clock with everything legit. They just don't get the publicity the young guys get, but, believe me, they know where Darwin is... :lol: :lol:
    These young blokes will pharque up big time...just wait & see...
  • rickrick    487 posts
    and i agree with you falcon.
    said:

Mark Reed's horses were and are extremely consistent, Offer Me Jewels very consistent once it's fit and up to its optimal distance range, Kincaple very consistent, Gondorf and Peach Tree were extremely consistent but are probably well and truly past their best and on their marks the only one that wasn't was Best Beware and the horse had more problems than you could poke a stick at, it also possessed a stack of ability on its day and required a team of psychiatrists working fulltime 24 / 7 to even have any semblance of hope of getting inside its head.

Whipsaw was consistent prior to its injury even the plodder Esroh was consistent when in its right races.

The kid can train and they're are a lot of precious / jealous people out there who refuse to accept that and the fact that most really good harness trainers are better horseman than the thoroughbred trainers in WA.

It is far harder to gear and gait a pacer properly than it is to train a thoroughbred ask Fred Kersley about the difference, the biggest problem a harness trainer has when coming to the gallops is learning to balance the workload properly and some definitely haven't quite mastered that skill but the ones that do learn that skill they seemingly have little difficulty in coping with the training of the thoroughbred.

Look at the success Kellie Kersley is having with ordinary horses and the job that Grant Williams is doing, Mark etc

Its because they're not just prepared to train the same way its been done here for the last 30 or 40 years and are prepared to try new methods and are not pigheaded and set in their ways.

There were also very big question marks over that swab and the handling and processing of it and Mark would have been perfectly entitled to fight it to his last breath but instead to his credit he put his hand up, unlike a number of other thoroughbred trainers, handed in his brief prior to any sentencing and did his time and is probably the better for it.

Im mean Kellie Kersley improves them that much you have to scratch your head i made a point a few weeks ago she got ,Dash Incredible from Laney and she aint no Mick Lane and turned it into a country cups contender and the $$$ went on every start ???,Master Sin first up the other week back at long odds and went down a lip then Tricky Syd they back this like its Phar Lap every start and it gets the chocs is she that good a trainer ??? i suspect not
    said:

said:

I agree with that !
    Good point i agree there thats knowing what level your horse is at so you can tell your owners to load up
    said:

said:

said:

I agree with that !
    Good point i agree there thats knowing what level your horse is at so you can tell your owners to load up
    Don't you have to know how your competitors are going as well? I wonder if the trainer declared Jungle Dawn in that 6 horse field at Bunbury on debut. After all, she was a genuine Group 1 horse who would win her next 5 starts in town and go on to win a Railway.
    Of course Placid Ark happened to debut in the same race. :shock:
  • ArloArlo    122 posts
    If there is doubt about the accuracy of positives for Total carbon then Stewards should be made to impound gallopers for a certain period of time (as they are starting to do with harness races) then take their tests. This seems to be getting results ( 6 positives in 11 days in the east )
    We may get some diffrent results if they do this and it would certainly make any trainers who may be cheating think twice.
  • chocchoc    788 posts
    said:

Kincaple, Offer Me Jewels, Crispiano all are firing so much for being just a gear trainer.

He's improved Kincaple a furlong on the supposedly good trainer it had previously and has gotten it over any issues that it may have had previously and has never raced or looked better during its entire career.

This guy is a real talent, he's a very good horsemen and I think all of those who bashed him previously need to have a good long hard look at themselves in the mirror and realise that maybe just maybe they need to reassess the way they go about their own business.

LE I don't think anyone has made an accusation (directly anyway) that Mark is a 'gear' trainer.
    Some posts I've read on fleeting glances on this site suggest that some could be dubious - but thats their own concern, and I would suspect different from firing off open accusations, which is another matter.

Working in the reverse, its interesting though that whenever he trains a feature winner, new posts appear wanting to 'defend' these wins.
    Whats up with that?
  • HenleyBrookHenleyBrook    408 posts
    Well everytime Mark Reed is on a stella run, Let's Elope starts up a thread. I don't know if Mark would like such publicity as there are always people whom are going to say something negative no matter what. Perhaps the title of the thread should reflect Marks performance and not single out a minority whom have a chip on their shoulder against him.
  • agro58agro58    294 posts
    let's can you convince Ascot bldstk boys to give tot hots to cub.
    who's cub? I suggested a trotting trainer... :lol:
    Normal trainers can't do things like that. I'm happy :D
    We all know perfectly well the story that was posted on here in the on the money column that was written by a bookmaker talking through his arse grossly slandering Mark Reed and I a few others haven't forgotten that. I also have that story downloaded and stored I can assure youthat it and some of the comment accompanying it haven't been forgotten either.
    One week before the big revelation, l-e???
    The one thats gonna rock PR circles from the chief down?? :P