Classifieds
PerthTurfTalkPerthTurfTalk    3,054 posts
edited July 2012 Classifieds

for sale enraptures 5year old mare race fit and sound

+1 -1

TheDiva likes this post.

Comments

• BroomeCup4EverBroomeCup4Ever    341 posts
    Should be an outstanding day, there looks to be a bit of depth in the fields.

Hopefully the weather will be kinder than it has been on the last couple of race days because the wind didn't stop and badly affected the fillies on course.

M Pateman also has an early ride, should get a good book of rides by acceptances.

The Cup hopefuls go around in the distance races, the big question is do they go for the stakemoney or do they play coy to beat the handicapper in the run into the cup. I would be chasing the $30k myself.

Given that Double Barrell won on Saturday in town, I wonder if AD is still whinging about what weight he would have got now? A little birdy tells me the owner tipped it to close friends and got quite a bit of cash from the result..... maybe the Broome Cup weights issue was just a smokescreen to let everyone think he wouldn't be trying on the weekend??????

Town is busy, plenty of terrorists, ooopps I mean tourists around and there is a good buzz about.

I just hope the unwashed brigade, aka tree hugging, hairy hippies, don't spoil what will be an outstanding day for the town and the race club, with mindless protests.

Hopefully I might even be able to find a winner or seven.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    P Hall booked for one ride only.....The Bing. Must be a good thing! :wink:
    I've had a quick look at the card and have come up with the following:
    R1 Manorama and Demon Jane. Looks a race in 2, almost all of the maidens barring the first 1 this year have been won by the leaders, so Manorama is the on top pick. Love a Flirt has been very consistent, and is improving with every run. (this was my attempt at humour, seriously look at the margins before you consider throwing it in for multiples).
    R2 Hard to line up, Demigod and Cool Eyes appear the best chances, with Neufchatell and Stylish Bounty not without hope.
    R3 Lots of front end speed, but am leaning towards The Bing. I thought it was disappointing the day it ran 2nd to Double Swirl, but DS has since made that run look reasonably good. It's real poor paper efforts have been when backing up in a week and comes off 3 weeks tomorrow.
    R4 Godulfi and Satan's Playground. Once again a race with a lot of speed.
    R5 Nothing has been more impressive than Double Swirl this season. Zip Code was enormous last week after missing the start.Yoakam could be a roughy for the multiples.
    R6 Race with only 4 real chances in my eyes. Marseillaise and Just James to quinella it, with Central Park and Seize Control the only other half chances.
    R7 Black Caviar's former stablemate Tawakoni was ultra impressive last week coming from last and running past them all. Not the best style of racing for Broome, but it was impressive. Bohemian Paradise is a chance, and Zuytdorp ran an improved race last week.

Looking forward to the day, and the wind has stayed away at present, hopefully the status quo prevails.
  • RadmanRadman    1,992 posts
    said:

M Pateman also has an early ride, should get a good book of rides by acceptances.

Didn't he get suspended last Saturday (Crap decision mind you but thats for another thread). Whens he planning on starting his time.....November??
    edited July 2012

R1 Manorama(missed the start by a length and got beaten a head) and Demon Jane. Looks a race in 2, almost all of the maidens barring the first 1 this year have been won by the leaders, so Manorama is the on top pick. Love a Flirt has been very consistent, and is improving with every run. (this was my attempt at humour, seriously look at the margins before you consider throwing it in for multiples).
    R2 Hard to line up, Demigod and Cool Eyes (ran 2nd)appear the best chances, with Neufchatell and Stylish Bounty not without hope.
    R3 Lots of front end speed, but am leaning towards The Bing(ran 3rd). I thought it was disappointing the day it ran 2nd to Double Swirl, but DS has since made that run look reasonably good. It's real poor paper efforts have been when backing up in a week and comes off 3 weeks tomorrow.
    R4 Godulfi and Satan's Playground(Winner). Once again a race with a lot of speed.
    R5 Nothing has been more impressive than Double Swirl(2nd) this season. Zip Code (winner) was enormous last week after missing the start.Yoakam (scratched) could be a roughy for the multiples.
    R6 Race with only 4 real chances in my eyes. Marseillaise (winner) and Just James to quinella it, with Central Park (3rd) and Seize Control (2nd) the only other half chances.
    R7 Black Caviar's former stablemate Tawakoni (winner)was ultra impressive last week coming from last and running past them all. Not the best style of racing for Broome, but it was impressive. Bohemian Paradise (4th)is a chance, and Zuytdorp (2nd) ran an improved race last week.

Another good day's racing, at present the Cup looks a race in 2, with Tawakoni and Marseillaise again impressive winners. Unless something comes from elsewhere, they have got the locals covered.
    Zip Code finally put it all together and brained them. Alan Campbell trained a double in the first 2 races, amazing what fresh horses can do. Evidently he is Carol Albuino's other half, forgive me if I am wrong here.
    Racing is getting towards the pointy end now, with the Kimbereley Cup next Saturday, followed by the Port Hedland Cup on Monday, another Saturday off, then Ladie's Day Tuesday and The Cup on the 18th.

Prospective visitors should have done their pre season by now, and be tapering towards a big performance for the Cup week. Just remember anyone can win a sprint, but the true test is the Cup, and only true stayers are rewarded..... that means solid performances at Ladies Day, Calcutta, Cup Day and afterwards at the ZeeBar.
  • RadmanRadman    1,992 posts
    said:

R1 Manorama(missed the start by a length and got beaten a head) and Demon Jane. Looks a race in 2, almost all of the maidens barring the first 1 this year have been won by the leaders, so Manorama is the on top pick. Love a Flirt has been very consistent, and is improving with every run. (this was my attempt at humour, seriously look at the margins before you consider throwing it in for multiples).
    R2 Hard to line up, Demigod and Cool Eyes (ran 2nd)appear the best chances, with Neufchatell and Stylish Bounty not without hope.
    R3 Lots of front end speed, but am leaning towards The Bing(ran 3rd). I thought it was disappointing the day it ran 2nd to Double Swirl, but DS has since made that run look reasonably good. It's real poor paper efforts have been when backing up in a week and comes off 3 weeks tomorrow.
    R4 Godulfi and Satan's Playground(Winner). Once again a race with a lot of speed.
    R5 Nothing has been more impressive than Double Swirl(2nd) this season. Zip Code (winner) was enormous last week after missing the start.Yoakam (scratched) could be a roughy for the multiples.
    R6 Race with only 4 real chances in my eyes. Marseillaise (winner) and Just James to quinella it, with Central Park (3rd) and Seize Control (2nd) the only other half chances.
    R7 Black Caviar's former stablemate Tawakoni (winner)was ultra impressive last week coming from last and running past them all. Not the best style of racing for Broome, but it was impressive. Bohemian Paradise (4th)is a chance, and Zuytdorp (2nd) ran an improved race last week.

:lol: Not that you want to brag or nothing :lol:

Well Done though, thats some awesome tipping.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Love the modesty Broome. If you were made of chocolate you would eat yourself :P

A good preview and even better review. Keep up the good form.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Happy to post your previews for Carnival week if you want to supply BC4E? :wink:
  • BuddyBuddy    18 posts
    ??? Tawakoni, ten of the horses in the Woodside Cup ran a faster time?
    Didn't realise that Buddy, must mean that it is impossible then. There is only 1 horse from the Woodside Cup that could win the Broome Cup, and that is Tommy's horse. Just James is going to the paddock apparently.

With it's pattern of racing, a faster pace up front will only suit the horse, has come from last at his last 2 starts. Was very, very impressive on Friday.