G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 4 Non Members

bernard tomic

Sport
rickrick    487 posts
edited January 2013 Sport
As a very loyal and proud Australian i like to get behind and support our sports men and women but find it very hard when a pompous prick like this bloke pops up blowing his own trumpet, i like most other aussies would rather see his tennis do the talking than his big I LOVE MYSELF mouth, sorry peoples now i have that off my chest any comments ???

Comments

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    What would you have been like at 21 (20?) with money, woman and fame at your feet ?
    Give him a chance is my verdict.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    nah, he's had his chances and when he upsets the people he has upset he deserves the tags that Rick gives him..he has to do a lot with the racket and his attitude to win me back..I'm was not in love with Hewitt, either but he has fought on to win a Grand Slam, and represent Australia regularly and give it his all...So I now have respect for the guy..I hope in 10 year time I’m saying the same about Tomic...but not at this stage...
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    edited January 2013
    We've been very critical of Warney over the years, but the difference is....Warney came out and apologised and showed a bit of maturity over his last indiscretion (age probalby has a lot to do with it granted). Tomic has never apologised over being a twat in that Australia Day incident where he ignored the cops, then accused them of being racist, then ran home to hide with his dad.
    Ive met a lot of 21 year olds with ability that have also NOT been full of themselves.
    He's still on my top 10 list of knobs.....having said that, its not impossible to win redemption.
    the fact that he's still sacked from Davis Cup says a lot too.
  • Brunswick_cowBrunswick_cow    341 posts
    The Diva said:

the fact that he's still sacked from Davis Cup says a lot too.

even worse the pompous prick throws his dummy after being sacked from the up coming tie and said he isn't available to play in the next, has said he has no interest in talking to Rafter and may do in September depending how he feels.....He is a tool and is so UN Australian in everyway.

I suggest he gets on the phone to Rafter to learn a few things sooner rather than later.

Be interesting to watch him when he isn't winning and see how long it takes for his old ways to come back!

Get behind most Aussies but this one i just can't stand!
    3:-O <):)
    edited January 2013
    I think I spot the problem................................
    Can we merge threads ?

"Plays with a double-handed backhand...Started playing tennis aged seven...Father, John, started work driving taxis; mother, Ady, was a biomedical scientist; sister, Sara, also plays tennis...Favourite surface is grass...Idols growing up were Pete Sampras, Lance Armstrong, Ian Thorpe and Michael Jordan...Hobbies include basketball, football and table tennis...Likes Eminem and 50 Cent...As a junior he won the 2008 Australian Open - aged 15, the youngest player in tournament history - 2009 US Open titles and the under-12, under-14 and under-16 Orange Bowls...Made his Davis Cup debut for Australia in 2009."
  • octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts
    Tosser of the highest order. I found it very hard to barrack for Hewitt, but this is going to be near impossible.
  • forzajuveforzajuve    369 posts
    The German born Croat Aussie, best Aussie player going around.

I would tell them to stick the Davis cup too, Tennis Australia are not supporting Tomic so why should Tomic support them..
    Speaking of tennis players and money......................I saw yesterday what lleyton collected for first prize for winning the Kooyong Classic last week.

Anyone want to have a guess ?

$8,695
    Tomic collected $78,800 for the Sydney International
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Neither amount is too bad for a couple of practise rounds..

$8k ?
    Mind you.................I'd bet he got $50k or so Appearance fee
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    and i wouldn't be surprised if Tomic got the same or more...I reckon Hewie is only playing for the sponsors and endorsement dollars anyway....

And it was only as a warm up for the open...think they get about 25k(27.6k just checked) for first round loss..ironic or what..8k to win...25k to lose
  • octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts
    edited January 2013
    When you are an elite sportsman and used to training day and night it is very hard to give that up when it is all you know, I reckon he would just be too bored in retirement like anyone else and needs something to do, I would be surprised if he needs the money unless he has invested very poorly. He probably just hasn't found anything else he can or wants to do post tennis...
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    then he goes out and wins in three sets.....still wouldn't barrack for him...
    I'm on board
  • rickrick    487 posts
    he says now he is ready for feddera well i hope and will be praying that he gets his ass h..e feed to him go fed show him how its done
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    very polished and professional display ...by fed.....Tomic has along way to go and i hope he picks up a bit more humility along the way..a long way from being on board, but found it hard to cheer against any Aussie...well, except that chick who changed her nationality a few times, with the mad old man...seems to be a common thread in sport..pushy, weird parents
  • rickrick    487 posts
    hahahahahaha not so smart are ya now bernard , i feel like all my christmas have come at once =D> =D> =D>
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    i just read his post match interview and he said that the announcement of all Roger's achievements threw him off!!!!! WTF???? Did he not know about that when he asked who he was playing against???

Just looking to blame someone else cos he is perfect and cant be beaten...absolute tosser...
    I took that as tongue in cheek humour myself
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Tivers said:

I took that as tongue in cheek humour myself

may have been, but as is so often the case, it didn't look good in print.....

either way...he's not progressed past tosser in my book yet.
    To be fair..................a Ferrari idle's at 78km/h
    true.....but he knew he only had 1 pt left too = slow learner?
  • rickrick    487 posts
    edited January 2013
    peanut,peanut ,peanut will never learn as imo he thinks hes better than everyone else , even the picture on that artical diva has smart arse wrten all over it
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    edited January 2013
    So he is upset that someone filmed him getting a ticket - and you reckon it matters that you represent this country - that doesn't earn you respect, your attitude and general demeanour will earn you respect!

Got no time for jackA#$'s like him!

Glad Roger gave him a lesson on the court - but it obviously didn't bring him back to reality!

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    what an arrogant piece of human flesh...just cos he represents Australia - when he feels like it - he thinks he is above the law and is due some special privilege??? Grade 1 tosser
  • forzajuveforzajuve    369 posts
    Did the tv have a camera on him or something.

78 in a 60 zone, big ..... deal, get the slow drivers, right lane hoggers off the road as they give me the ........ the most
  • PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    On a positive note, Tomic has broken into the top 20 for the first time. Now Australia's top ranked player.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-21/tomic-reaches-top-20-rankings-tennis/6791796?section=sport
  • rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts

Sorry for bringing this thread up again after nearly a year,But,seriously this guy and his knobhead mate must be kicked off the surface!

How disgraceful were they during their last match when Tomic says to the spectator that I will put my balls in your mouth if you don't shut up!

Then his girlfriend comes out and argues with the base umpire then refuses to shake the umpires hand after the game!

That's why my attention span is about 5min watching tennis!

DIIIICCCCKHEADS!

Chris, thefalcon likes this post.