G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 32 Non Members

Bloodstock agents

Breeding
SimpleSimple    65 posts
edited February 2013 Breeding
Im looking on behalf of a friend who has a weanling coloured thoroughbred colt over east. He is looking for someone to try sell him before sale but if not someone willing to take this further and find a stud that will have him and put him through a sale. He is palomino in colour (the goldy kind) by imported stallion.

With how the 'white' yearlings have gone in the past I dont think he will be shameful propistion he is the ladies dream barbie coloured race horse. Would think any bloodstock agent would love to take him on commision being this white one sold for $270,000k back in 2011.
http://thebreed.thethoroughbred.com.au/feature/the-thing-about-white-horses

PM or discussion would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    Get in touch with the Guru Damien Wyer Racing & Bloodstock
  • TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    Or maybe not, based on his valuation of ATH..... =))
  • Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    you fire enough bullets you got to hit the target sometime
  • SimpleSimple    65 posts
    Owner has contacted Damien. Dont think that will work. Owner is keen to sell via a agent or sale. WA based or eastern based not fussed to much. I just cant recommend anyone dont know anyone!
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Simple said:

Owner has contacted Damien. Dont think that will work. Owner is keen to sell via a agent or sale. WA based or eastern based not fussed to much. I just cant recommend anyone dont know anyone!

I feel the need to address this comment. I have not been contacted by your friend to assist in this horse. After a brief conversation on Facebook, I sent him my email address and have not heard anything.

So what would you have me do ?

The horse in question is not a racehorse, it is an equestrian animal for a show ring of some sort, of which I haven't got a single connection to. So please don't create the impression that I haven't shown an interest. I simply cannot help the guy.

• SimpleSimple    65 posts
    Sorry you have taken my comments that way Damien. You havent heard back due to a couple of reason. 1 his still sourcing answer's to your questions re: breeding/bloodlines. 2 You keep saying its not a race horse. So as far as owner is concerned you wont take it seriously.

Its a thoroughbred and can race just becuase its a differnet colour you think it belongs in the show ring. He will know doubt end up there and at stud for someone if no good on track in the show world. However he is bred to race with colour so owner is just trying to find someone to help him sell it as that.

I meant no ill intentions when I said dont think that will work. It was just how owner felt.

• lamelame    1,757 posts
    don't know the breeding but if not much happening on the dam side and not by a commercial stallion basically pushing gelati up hill and show horses can bring really good money.were we pay good money trying for the fastest horse these people pay big dollars for the flashest horse
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts

Or maybe not, based on his valuation of ATH..... =))

January 2017 and All Too Hard is yet to sire a winner in 16 starters.

I'm guessing they won't be that keen to pay big dollars for them on the Gold Coast in a few days.
  • CPLCPL    632 posts
    As soon as I read ' this white one sold for $$$' so this one is palomino then it should be worth $$$ I knew we were in trouble. I suggest you ring Inglis and tell them you have a 200k+ palomino and they could help you. Better still ring Gai Waterhouse.