G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 30 Non Members

D.Lane is on Fire

West Australian Racing
RIORIO    14,882 posts
I meant to post last night to say get on him for the next few weeks..Woke up this morning and got on his two winners, then thought it was a bit after the horse has bolted to put them up as tips. Just then he nearly gets a 20/1 shot to the line. missed by a stride.

He was riding well for the fortnight before he came over here..rode well when here, and has gone back and is getting some very nicely priced horses into the first 3 on a regular basis.

I'd suggest to keep an eye out for him in the next 2 or 3 weeks whilst in this red hot form
+1 -1

fifodynamo, cyclonegarry likes this post.

Comments

• fifodynamofifodynamo    243 posts
    Totally agree with you there mate the kids a gun for sure , was on In Faith and Friars spirt last week unfortunately could not watch the races , do you know if this will be a regular occurance for him riding between melb and perth as he does make a big difference to the chance of winning when put on horses over here

All the best to him
  • Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    been riding sensational all season
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Hats of to D Lane for sticking at it could have come home after his time was up back has stuck at it and the rewards are coming for him
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    and starts his Sunday off with another winner...Why did i sleep in!!!!
  • RadmanRadman    1,992 posts
    RIO said:

and starts his Sunday off with another winner...Why did i sleep in!!!!

...Cause you're a lazy bastard??

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    yep....but also probably cos Mrs Rio insists on bringing me a cooked breakfast in bed ever weekend morning

TheDiva likes this post.

• ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    edited March 2013
    Rio
    I bet it's a breakfast with all the trimmings.bacon sausage,tomatoes,eggs,mushrooms,bubble and squeak along with fried bread. To wash it down orange juice with vodka and a cuppa.
    I wish!!!
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Damn close Chelsea...take out the vodka and tomato, and add in home cooked hash browns, and Milo and you are right on the money.

For any non performing wenches reading this - get your shit together and start looking after your man :-bd

TheDiva, Chelsea likes this post.

RIO said:

Damn close Chelsea...take out the vodka and tomato, and add in home cooked hash browns, and Milo and you are right on the money.

For any non performing wenches reading this - get your shit together and start looking after your man :-bd

HEAR HEAR!! (I'm full of bravado because my wench doesn't read this forum)

Love you honey ^:)^

RIO, Chelsea likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    had a good day on Sunday and another $6 winner today out of 3 rides...i need to get rid of this work stuff as it is interfering way too much with my feeble efforts of gambling
  • BrubakerBrubaker    219 posts
    RIO said:

I meant to post last night to say get on him for the next few weeks..Woke up this morning and got on his two winners, then thought it was a bit after the horse has bolted to put them up as tips. Just then he nearly gets a 20/1 shot to the line. missed by a stride.

He was riding well for the fortnight before he came over here..rode well when here, and has gone back and is getting some very nicely priced horses into the first 3 on a regular basis.

I'd suggest to keep an eye out for him in the next 2 or 3 weeks whilst in this red hot form

A typical example of talented rider that needed some education. Went over east and now is a very capable young rider.
    Need to send a few more of the "gunna be, wanna be's" over and we would end up with a better talent pool in WA. There are none of the master riders of years gone by in WA to teach the pups how to ride. :-<
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    intelligent comment, brubaker.
    trouble is they crack it over there, they don't come back.
    maybe send them over for 6 mths, riding 7 days a week, learning all the time.
    look at noske and knuckey, both did a stint in vic.
    Pontiff and Donga both did stints too
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Radman said:

Pontiff and Donga both did stints too

Poniffs didnt end well he had a falling out with Rick Hore Lacy [which isnt hard] reckoned he didnt work hard enough and wasnt much of a rider ,how wrong was he
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    about 50/50 Dungy

Carlosa likes this post.

• SPUDLEYSPUDLEY    1,584 posts
    A very good day for Damian helped me get the quaddie.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    3 from 3 today. Certainly in form.

RIO dislikes this post.

Bugger didn't even look at Vic races could have had a good day it may pay just to back everything he sits on as they all paid well.

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    1 ride at Caulfield on Saturday for a win...3 rides today for 3 wins.....

The worst price 4.20......Wish i was home to get onto them all..hope he continues during the week
    Rio 2 wins Caulfield on Saturday

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    just in case anyone else is annoyed at missing the boat, every time he jumps on a nag.. 3 rides today..first one at 10.35 our time
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    got a 3rd in his first ride for $3 rturn.

Race 2 He is on Top Cat in Town,

Will throw in Monogamy, Not so Pure and Double Dee and see what i get in return!!!! :-))
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I’ll keep on going until someone tells me to shut up and leave it alone...

I've only been throwing on a set amount of places on all his rides..Everyone of them for close to 3 weeks..Am up heaps, Not sure you'd be in front if you were betting him straight out all the time, but he is just in such good form.

Broke even yesterday with just one collect, and 2 close 4ths from memory.

First two rides today 2nd and 1st..and in front for the day already, irrespective of what his other rides do...
    You have a good run then it all stops
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Suspended today midnight April 2nd until April 12th.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    didn't see any of his races today, but once again he placed 3 of his 6 rides and if i had remembered to put my places on all his rides, i would have gone close to doubling my money..

So will be making sure i get on him for the rest of the weekend

jimbo1 dislikes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    you go broke following jocks, rio.

squid69 likes this post.

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    edited March 2013

you go broke following jocks, rio.

It's too true Falc, very, very few return a profit if you backed them every ride.

My favorite jockey is Dean Yendall, and despite the huge number of winners he rides, you would still be behind overall.

Having said that, there is no doubt that Damian Lane is riding in great form, and is a credit to WA Racing. Let's hope his career continues onwards and upwards.

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    have never done it before in my entire punting life Falcon...but at the moment he has just go the right outcomes..it will stop soon and i will get off..but it is amazing how well it is working. has been easy cash for about 4 weeks now
  • VorgtrafficVorgtraffic    1,755 posts
    Usually a big fan of him but gee he slaughtered keep cool on sat