G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 32 Non Members

Comments

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    i actually haven't been watching or listening to too many and i didn't see any on Saturday...however he seems to be riding average horses okay...and the ones that i have seen and heard have nearly all been coming from way back.

he got 10 days on the weekend someone posted so maybe that was for the ride your talking about??
  • SPUDLEYSPUDLEY    1,584 posts
    Copped more time today , most of his rides today were just average horses.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Now out until 26th April.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    trying too hard...
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Damn. In form and not long out of his time. Hope the owners remember the past month!!
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    he has come back and slowly got into the swing of things..Nice double on Friday at Bendigo and then another at Flemington on Saturday. Hope he has got his mojo again and may get on him over the next few weeks seeing as those two doubles should have increased has confidence.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    since posting this on May 7.............3 rides for 3 collects. the rhythm is back

he has 3 rides at Sale on Sunday...i'll be on :-)
  • fifodynamofifodynamo    243 posts
    Go Damo ! good efforts today at Geelong , Blue Ash @ $7.60 place and Lokelani $4.10 + $2.20 ,thankyou very much
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

been on for the past week and killing the pig just on place bets only..I was going to push my luck going for the win with Lokelani today, but i am so far in front betting places that it wasn't required..

Glad someone else is getting a bit of the action..Every morning i get up, check where he is ridign and just put my 10 places on all of them blindly..It will come unstuck soon - probably tomorrow - but i do have a few days of no collects before i am back to where i started..

Yeh he goes all right have been paying attention ever since he rode a bagfull of winners last year at Bunbury surely due for a visit back here to see the family ,

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    that is when i got on..think he out rode his apprentice races when he was back..First win for his old man, last win of his apprenticeship for his old man...from memeory
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

and on he goes..

4th, 1st and 3rd today...still a positive result..

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    youve just answered your own question on where to punt....D Lane all the way. 

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts

he keeps riding ones of long odds into a place and this time in has started to convert regularly on the shorter ones..Will let him run for another week and if the current trend continues, will then start to back him e/w...but the returns on place only betting is very good...especially considerign how much work i put into the form every day.

Onto Racing Victoria site, search for D.Lane rides, go to betting site..10 places on all of them. Worst result for past week has been today, which was a 25% return....

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    you are on the slippery slide to financial ruin, mate....following jocks is a huge no-no...
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    hope everyone is cashing in............i know i am :D
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    :-\" $-)
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

yah, yah, yah..finally all the naysayers can say that they knew that he would eventaully fail..just glad i got his red hot favourite at $2 on Fixed before they jumped. So i still finihsed in front...but the $10 place bets on his 3 rides today only returned $12, so a lose of $18 today..

If i have another 20 days similar to today i will still be in front based on his lat 10 days of racing..But all the naysayers are right..Really silly to follow a jockey in form..

:)) :))

fifodynamo likes this post.

edited May 2013
    Really silly to follow a jockey in form..  Especially when he does sh** like he did last saturday ,, go broke following following him

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts

had a very nice win allup..on his first 2 wins.....think it turned $10 into nearly $300...Felt so stupid!!!! Will endeavour to never do that again!!!!

If i had of been really stupid and ran it into his third winner i think i would have turned that $10 into about $2,800...how stupid would have i felt then????

@-)

fifodynamo likes this post.

• SPUDLEYSPUDLEY    1,584 posts
    He should have a good day at Caulfield mainly Ava's Delight and Winter King
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I reckon he'd have a good day at any track right at the moment..he has actually got a lot better at getting the shorter priced ones over the line this past 3 weeks. Before his suspension he was getting roughies close but not nailing some that he could have.

This time round he has been getting a few more of the shorter priced horses to the line first..And i feel that has to be a big part of being a good jockey...It's nice getting a 20/1 shot to sneak into third...but is better getting the 5/2 shot to the line first...

Great kid..hope he keeps going forward...Well young man now actually..
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

~X( :O
    I cant believe it..i am so stupid i did it again... followed a jockey....
    $-) b-(
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Is in such good form that he is riding two horses in race 2 at Benalla today!!!!
    @-)

Thoroly_Bread likes this post.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    Hope you were punting early Rio.

Race 2 at Benalla Lika Shadow $27.30 $6.60

RIO likes this post.

Hi Rio , I was wondering if you would be available sometime soon to give me a swift kick to the nuts !! looked at Royal Bender on saturday and went to back it but the wife was on the computer so was like ok just watch it and what happens ? but that was ok as had a really good day any way , just got back from dropping the wife to work and early race starts  so look at race two a bit of jockey swapping going on look at the emergencies Lika Shadow and Sharbo thought Sharbo the better pick ,,,,,,,,,FFS 27s and 6

Please kick me really f@#&ing hard to put me out of my missery

I made a mistake and I hope this does me good owning up to my foolishness and will follow him ever so blindly from now on

SPUDLEY likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts

Was on early..... :D    and have been following blindly for 3 weeks B-)  and i seriously cant work out how far in front i am....but with $10 place bets and the only occassional win bet. i was close to $500 in front at the start of last week..Many all ups and one of them jagged the place/win on Satruday. Think $5 allup returned close to $200.

Not a big punter on this strategy as it is fraught with danger....But D .Lane is on fire.

fifo...i will practise my punting skills with a sharp high ball punt, when i see you..followed by some highland slapping for your wife distracting the important stuff in life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDUeBgIstGQ

fifodynamo, SPUDLEY likes this post.

Rider change in Race 7 Mr Speaker uno who jumps on board
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    oh well, will put him and the favourite elect in a cheap quaddie and see what happens.. $10 is not a big investment..
    Lokelani almost !