G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 33 Non Members

Racing Colours

Classifieds
RIORIO    14,882 posts
edited June 2013 Classifieds
I've only heard of two companies that make racing colours. I've tried to use both Mitty's and Gannon's websites, and both are not working and no-one from either place has replied to several e-mails I've sent to there "contact us" buttons address.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a colours provider that has a website that works please

Comments

• magoo83magoo83    969 posts
    Hylands
  • SPUDLEYSPUDLEY    1,584 posts
    I may be a tad old but just go and speak to Val in Gannons store she will be able to answer any queries.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Or Christopher from Gannon's.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    magoo83 said:

Hylands

thanks, that one worked...get a bit frustrated with companies that have web pages and then don't maintain them, so will go to Hylands even though they appear to be the most expensive..At least i can order when i want to order..Cheers
  • magoo83magoo83    969 posts
    Top quality silks m8
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited June 2013
    Rio it is a pity you had a problem with the Gannon's website. I've never had an issue with it and found Val a pleasure to deal with... extremely helpful.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    yeah I've just seen that they left a message on my mobile as well..so it is a shame, as i like to go to those that are local..and they were my first option. First tried them early this year, then have been trying Mittys for about the same length of time - or longer ..including writing and advising of the problems, and apart from the missed call and message on the phone tonight from Gannon's no one has got back to me.

In fact it was an e-mail sent to me by Gannons that reminded me to order them!!!! So they got first shot again this arvo. still couldn't work my way past the phone number entry area..Mobile numbers don't appear to be acceptable?!?!?!?!

So after giving both of them one last chance to work this arvo i put up the post out of sheer frustration..

Hylands worked on line first time....More expensive, but what price do you put on service!!!!
  • TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts

Hylands give you a free (good quality) stachel if u order a cap & silks. You can also pick from their colour chart which has about 200 different colours. if you don't want the stock standard colours/shades. They will post you a chart or its available for viewing in Saddlery Wholesalers who are a local supplier for Hylands.
    I didn't find them any more expensive overall than Gannons & Mittys and very good service

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    yep, Funky, it was more expensive by about $10, so not a bank breaker and the site was so easy to get around..plus as you say you get the monogrammed satchel to match..Made the decision easy.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    The Diva said:

Or Christopher from Gannon's.

yes, after a chat i'd suggest he is a good bloke...just a shame their site didn't work for me
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

I am finding the information and service out of Hyland to be unbelievably sensational. In this day and age where service has seemingly dissapeared it is so good to have a free flowing exchange of updates. I'm sure it saves them a heaps of time in relation to dopes like me ringing up to keep on asking .."are they ready yet?"

I'd hope other suppliers are as service orientated as Hylands are, but they get a big thumbs up from me at this stage.  :-bd

Now to hope that the silks are as good as the service...Not that i will be able to tell the difference??? And i certainly wont be able to try them on!!!

• ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    Rio what are your colours???
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

Would love to tell, but until i have a horse that finishes in the first half of the field i'll keep that my little secret.. Too many people would see it as gross self promotion and that isn't my intent..When i want to grossly promote myself/colours, everyone will know about it...haha

;)

Chelsea likes this post.

Embarrassed and and a chicken to tell us.......I'm guessing your colours are bright red with a yellow streak on the back. ;))

RIO, TheDiva, Chelsea likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts

Colours have arrived in their special little embroided bag and look sensational.

Not a yellow streak or a pumping red cheek colour in site..

Thanks to @magoo83 and @The Funkster for your recommendations.

Now all i need to find is a horse with his legs on the right way and of average ability!!!!

Apart from the good horses all you need is a matching set of Pyjamas in the same colours
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited July 2013

For those that know me, i dont think there is enough silk worms in the world to complete that project.

You too can have a body like Rio........If you abuse it enough :D

RIO likes this post.

• christopher.gannonchristopher.gannon    7 posts
    edited September 2013
    Hi Guys,
    Just came across this post and thought I should reply.

We've been experiencing some issues with our website over the past few months with hackers. This not only affected the site, but also our e-mail system. We are in the process of building a new website, that will include online ordering facilities etc... 

If you need any help with colours, please send me an e-mail directly via [email protected] OR call my mobile 0401 965 342.

Our sincerest apologies for any problems you guys encountered.

Kind Regards,
    Christopher Gannon
    Gannon's
  • TheodorTheodor    199 posts
    Gannon's have always provided excellent service to me. Lets support the local guy.