G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 8 Non Members

Musket 2yo colt

Classifieds
PerthTurfTalkPerthTurfTalk    3,054 posts
edited November 2013 Classifieds
Half brother of Tempestuous Strike, The Park Dancer, Maverick, Liquid Amber. 4 to race for 4 winners. Big, strong 3yo type. Has been educated and into another prep now, but not one to push early (2yo) on type.

Was to be prepared to take to the sales but we have decided to take a different path. Happy to retain a share or shares dependent on your chosen trainer. 

Call Matt 0419993322 or [email protected] 

$30k plus GST

Comments

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    pic taken October 2013
    Musket la loll Oct 2013.jpg
    899 x 768 - 150K
    Pedigree
    pdf
    pdf
    musket pedigree.pdf
  • TheodorTheodor    199 posts
    Muskets are starting to fire. Watch out for Wargamer
    If there's one thing I have noticed, the Muskets are certainly not early going types. 
    So this year should be the year they start to win some races I would have thought. 
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    The Diva said:

If there's one thing I have noticed, the Muskets are certainly not early going types. 

So this year should be the year they start to win some races I would have thought. 
    This is just his second crop to the track. It looks like a lot like his stock needed plenty of time, but with 21 individual runners now, he needs to have his stock start performing otherwise his winning percentage is going to be low for a season or two. Currently it sits at 28.6% winners to runners. Looking at his stock for the upcoming Perth Yearling Sale, I'm not overly excited about what I see on paper, and having done a close breeding analysis of every lot in the sale, his stock do not figure prominently on my shortlists. From my point of view, more consideration should be given to the breeding of the mares that are sent to him, as what he is being asked to do to upgrade, is too much in my opinion to have a significant impact on WA Racing.
  • IntoItIntoIt    659 posts
    Like a lot of stallions will need time for his progeny to fire but then would have thought that was obvious. Also like a lot takes a special stallion to lift the mare unless its an outstanding family on the mares side. So just run of the mill results. Even Blackfriars percentage is'nt great although his stakeswinners would be outstanding.Warchant is the one. You must have a few of those on your list Damien. then there are the eastern states stuff and thats not fair as far as westspeed goes!
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    edited January 2014
    I haven't listed exact numbers under each sire, but Blackfriars again has a very good crop being offered, but not all of them. War Chant there are only a couple I'm interested in. For the most part, my shortlist is varied. I haven't favoured any one particular Stallion over another. I have just looked at the total picture and said I like this one enough to mark it for closer inspection. But I'm going to look at all of them anyway.

If you want something from me, it is that Scenic Lodge have made better breeding decisions based on the number of their lots that have made my shortlist, than anyone else. Eliza Park likewise, but not all they are bringing over. Locally I also like several of Touchstone Farm's stock.
  • IntoItIntoIt    659 posts

Getting back to the horse in question would have to say the odds are good, regardless of the stallion, as the mare has 4 for 4 winners.

Scenic Lodge is an easy choice considering they stand Blackfriars. Vital Equines stats ar'nt terrific but Planet  Five is interesting as weanlings sold very well and he seems to get a type, an early type perhaps?

She's been a good mare to us into it.
    The ones we bred from her were the park dancer and tempestuous strike, both multiple winners.
    Musket admittedly was a punt. We have the 2yo and a yearling so fingers are crossed for some results soon.