In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members

if cardinal virtue was 3300 would you send a mare to him

Breeding
DaleDale    1,346 posts
edited March 2014 Breeding
http://www.tasmanian-thoroughbreds.com/cardinal-virtue.html

i liked this horse alot, pricing determined his fate in WA. but you cant give em away. i believe the owners were genuine and i still have trouble sleeping when i think about the absolute belief that they had in this guy and the response from breeders. Size was an issue but hey, any genuine thoughts as he is in tas now and i hope him well.

Comments

• SPUDLEYSPUDLEY    1,584 posts
    The choice between Therock and CV was easy as he made CV look like a pitpony.

Dale likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    no cardinals are virtuous... :-\"

TheFunkster likes this post.

• StablewestStablewest    4 posts
    Give me a CV any day, superb nature, very athletic. Such a great pedigree that this Bull has, shame WA breeders could'nt see it. :( Suppose we'll see soon enough. Good luck to Tassie.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Tasmania is a good location for Cardinal Virtue. but it is tough breeding there as it is only a short hop across to some quite well credentialed stallions just outside Melbourne.

Although not many, it will be interesting to see what the 2 year old's we have here do when they hit the track.

• DaleDale    1,346 posts
    i hope to god this guy turns out good from limited stock. i burnt a lot of bridges with his owners and i hope they get some rewards. yes he was small but his record was perfect for WA. i will be backing them when they hit the track.

Gawd! I'm not worried about the size, plenty of top horses out there that are knee high to a duck.

From what I've seen and heard so far, CV has really stamped his progeny and if they share the ability that he had, WA will be kicking itself.