fefe    16 posts
edited June 2014 Breeding
:D

Comments

• fefe    16 posts
    Proart

Billson
  • joffajoffa    122 posts
    proart was a handy racehorse,deserves a shot in the barn.off hand i dont think billson raced to much think it retired after limited starts.not sure on service fees?
  • fefe    16 posts
    edited June 2014
    I have a filly out of Choican and by Bletchley Park I am thinking of sending to stud this year. She is untried due to injury as a foal. Who do you think would be the best bet.

Also what are your thoughts on Proart and Billson as stallions?
  • fefe    16 posts
    Oh my goodness, I am having problems posting and replying. It keeps coming up with "Body required"??
    LOL.write your comment first then press post,did you get the mare off my mate john chilcott.
  • fefe    16 posts
    Yes I did... Who is this, I did notice that you are from Pinni....
    edited June 2014
    Geoff Williamson.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    What are your intentions for the offspring ?

• fefe    16 posts
    To have a dabble in the racing industry and have a "hack" afterwards.
    The full sister is a rising 3 yr old with Paul Jordan and seems to be doing well and he is supposedly impressed with her. Appears to have semi decent bloodlines so thought why not. So looking for a stallion to suit.
      •  

• IntoItIntoIt    659 posts

How long has Proart been at stud? In the same basket as Black Tom, been around for awhile , not done much.

What are they asking for him and Billson?

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    He has covered 36 mares in total over three seasons for 26 live foals with another 11 mares covered in his most recent and third season. He has four named rising 2yo's at this point.

Success will be very difficult for him based on those low numbers.

Billson has 4 live foals from 11 coverings in 2012 with no return recorded in 2013. I had never heard of this stallion until I searched following these comments.

• The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Don't be surprised if Proart bobs up with an early winner or two. The chap who owns him has done the righty by the horse and bought some fairly well performed mares to go to him. I've just broken in 2 fillies, and though not overly big, they were very strong. Not saying he is going to be a stud sensation, but I wouldn't completely overlook him if you have a compatible mare ;)

Tivers likes this post.

• CPLCPL    632 posts
    Who were the Fillies from?
  • lamelame    1,757 posts
    edited June 2014
    CPL said:

Who were the Fillies from?

Proart
  • CPLCPL    632 posts
    Lol not BY but FROM, there mothers or breeding :)
    Not my place to say exactly what they are out of, other than the mares won 6 and 7 races respectively. Both multiple city winning sprinter/milers. The two fillies will be off to Durrant's later in the year so they should get every chance. They did both move quite well.

fe likes this post.

• fefe    16 posts
    Thanks for the info.

Not sure on either stud fee's. Proarts is POA and Billson is also POA.
    I might have to go for a drive and check them both out.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    POA...you might get a freebie...
  • CPLCPL    632 posts
    The_Bull said:

Not my place to say exactly what they are out of, other than the mares won 6 and 7 races respectively. Both multiple city winning sprinter/milers. The two fillies will be off to Durrant's later in the year so they should get every chance. They did both move quite well.

• fefe    16 posts
    Thanks Falcon, Yes I did get a good deal.

RIO likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    good on you, mate.... :-bd
  • fefe    16 posts
    On Billson that is :)
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    I have never heard much of him fe, Is he a first season sire??
  • Blinkers_OnBlinkers_On    157 posts
    Had been talking with an old friend over the weekend about Proart he is involved in some this crop weanlings. He tells they all are nice types physically and mentally. Is Proart still at Korilya park with Ellie?
  • fefe    16 posts
    Paraletic, it is his third season with his oldest progeny being weanlings/yearlings. He didn't serve any mares last year.

Not sure Blinkers on. When I enquired, he was down there.
    Proart's first baby to the trials today. Won by 3.

fe likes this post.