Who's Online

0 Members & 40 Non Members

War Chant here to stay

Breeding
WinsumlosesumWinsumlosesum    138 posts
edited July 2014 Breeding
War Chant Permanent for WA

Tara Madgwick - Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Yarradale Stud’s high profile shuttler War Chant (USA) will remain in Australia on a permanent basis after Three Chimneys in the US accepted an offer for the Group I winning son of Danzig.

War Chant
War Chant
A Group I Breeders Cup Mile winner, War Chant is the sire of 32 stakes-winners worldwide led by Group I winners Kingsfort and Midnight Interlude.

The first Australian bred War Chant yearlings were sold earlier this year and proved a sensation at the 2014 Magic Millions Perth Yearling Sale.

He provided the sale-topper when his filly from Most Secret sold for $250,000 and in total had 21 yearlings sell at an average $94,524.

17 year-old War Chant will stand at Yarradale this spring at a fee of $17,600
+1 -1

Tivers, theketaminekid likes this post.

Comments

• darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts
    Whats the report on the War Chant babies?

TheFunkster likes this post.

• silkysilky    342 posts
    Will be interesting to see if his fertility rate improves this season. Its been terrible for the past couple
  • Thoroly_BreadThoroly_Bread    2,311 posts
    The ones I have seen are brilliant, sent my mare there this year.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Would love to hear feedback from Trainers who have his 2yo's in work from this most recent sale.
    A War Chant won the 950m 2yo trial today, not a bad time either be interesting to see how they go, i sent my mare to him this year hopefully he takes off in WA.
  • IntoItIntoIt    659 posts
    A War Chant ran at randwick on Saturday. A $200k purchase from Alwyn Park. Ran last at $101. :((
    ouch, what was its name?
    War Prodigy. He went through the 2014 Perth MM Sale as Lot 6, selling for $200,000 to Thomas Loke. The horse is trained by Bede Murray. In his one and only trial, he also finished last of seven runners. In the race on Saturday, he just never got going, and was passed by a runner who was fighting the rider and not settling.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    edited October 2014
    One would question why it was even racing (or trialled even).

We sold a Blackfriars colt at this years sale - was very immature and needed time, yet the new owner saw fit to have it up for the first set of trials the other week.
    One look at it told that it was still very immature and needed time.
    I hope they haven't wrecked it just trying even. Some people just shouldn't have (quality) horses......

SPUDLEY likes this post.

• WinsumlosesumWinsumlosesum    138 posts
    I met someone the other day who has 2 x 2yo and said " couldnt outrun a glacier ". Then met someone else who has 1 that he says " is flying". Time will tell I guess
    I have said it before on this forum, but I would prefer that 2yo's did not race prior to Jan 1st each year.

Legless likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    My point was more that if the horse is clearly not ready (as in both of the examples) then why push them.
    Impatient people should find another pastime.

SPUDLEY likes this post.

• LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    For the 1st time I have had a 2 yr old broken in - had a let up and has now gone back in. Will have its legs x-rayed at 4 weeks to see whether or not to continue on :-SS
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Legless said:

For the 1st time I have had a 2 yr old broken in - had a let up and has now gone back in. Will have its legs x-rayed at 4 weeks to see whether or not to continue on :-SS

and that's the key..no problem with having early running 2yr olds...as long as they are early running 2 yr olds, and not running as early 2yr olds cos someone - generally an over anxious owner - wants their 2yr old running early!!!!!

Hope she comes up for you...but I know if she doesn't ..... no dramas and she'll be back an ready in 6 months, or sometime there after.

Legless likes this post.

• SPUDLEYSPUDLEY    1,584 posts
    My 2 are still untouched they don't turn 2 until late November and most Fastnets are better as late 2yr olds early 3 yr olds so hopefully his grandkids are the same there is plenty of time.