In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 33 Non Members

What are your thoughts on this 2yo

Breeding
BucksBucks    158 posts
edited September 2014 Breeding
Hi all.
I've been reading your posts for a long time and have finally decided to get involved. 

I wanted to pick your brain on this 2yo offered by Peter Moody Racing. She's a filly Savabeel x Runeasy. From what i can gather the dam was passed in at the sales for $360,000. She won her maiden in NZ and then was sent to John O'Shea where she raced 7 times for one second placing (earnings of $4,826). Usually i would leave it at that however i noticed on the breeding page that the dam is a full sister to Staryn Glenn. Staryn Glenn was only placed 3 times in NZ but went on to produce Lucia Valentina (Savabeel). Do you think this filly is worth the punt based on breeding alone? If you were to buy on breeding surely you would want her to resemble Lucia Valentina a little.

Here is a link to the web page http://savabeelxruneasyf.moodyracing.com.au/ ;

Thanks in advance
showHorse.jpg
318 x 250 - 25K

Comments

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    On breeding alone she is bred to be a stakes winning filly. You would be hard pressed to find a more professionally bred horse offered in a sales ring.

But breeding alone can't get you there, and this photo is not that conclusive and I would be seeking something more to assist in the decision making process.
  • BucksBucks    158 posts
    Looks like I found Runeasy's 'unraced foal' racing here in WA. Easy On the Rock out of Fastnet Rock 3 starts for 0 placings. Last race start she finished Last in a 5 horse race in Toodyay. 

Think i might let this one go through to the keeper.
  • octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts
    Some nice horse flesh on that page, like the Snitzel filly.
  • BucksBucks    158 posts
    Thought I would update for those playing at home.

5 starts 0 placings $2,600 in prize money

https://www.punters.com.au/horses/spins-on-spins_360983/
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts
    edited August 2019
    Consider that a bullet dodged!

Bucks, Gilgamesh likes this post.