G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 24 Non Members

Golf Betting

Sport

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    If your two get up Bomber you will be forever the golf guru.....even more than you are now. Haha
    Looking forward to your punting plan. Has almost become the most anticipated event on PTT every week Haha.
    :-bd
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts
    The AFL cop a bit of stick over rules - however i reckon the golf authority/mob should as well with some rules and recent rule changes

When you were in a hazard - im pretty sure it used to be - take your 1 shot penalty - and then drop it - at the closest point of relief - im pretty sure they changed that to - you can drop it within one club length - so you see some players in  the water pin high - so they can nearly drop it on the green - do they milk that rule - get their driver out - longest stick etc

But the worst and dumbest rule - is that line of sight - so say you have got an advertising awning - or TV tower - and you claim line of sight - obstructing your flight path . The worst exploitation i saw of that rule was Colin Morikawa - before he won his major - he was one of the 2 featured groups on Golf tv - but he wasnt in contention on this tournament

Hes a right hander and he was playing a par 4 - and he hit this big hook left off the tee - his ball finished up about 2 inches from a tall boundary fence - like a tennis fence - he had no shot at all - would have to take an unplayable . However he called in a rules official - and said to him - look im  going to get my 4 iron out - turn it back to front and hit it left handed - however there is an advertising awning 60 metres in front of me - i want line of sight relief - and they gave it to him - took the free drop and then hit it right handed up onto the green 

Surely that line of sight rule - should only be if you are going to hit it with your natural  hand - he was dead up against the fence - no shot whatsoever as a right hander but he got a free drop 
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Yeah that doesn't sound right. I will admit since my comp days as a junior there has been a lot of weird relief rules changed and it certainly does benefit the players now. Even the fact of the way they drop the ball, it looks silly and they might as well place it. Now they drop to try and find more trouble so they can place it.... previously it was a ball drop that was shoulder high at arms length, within a club length, no closer to the hole.

Anyway, rules is rules now and of everyone is under the same conditions then I guess it's a level playing field.

But they do take the pi55 wherever possible
    Alright couple early plays to get the juices flowing

$5 Lebioda first round leader John Deere Classic $61

$5 Migliozzi first round leader Scottish Open $51

As mentioned, looking at Hank Lebioda on the John Deere. While is never bag a pro tour player, the field for this comp is very lacking, thanks to the Scottish Open across the ditch. Lebioda's season hasn't looked the best, but his last few results have shown he is in form and strikes a weak field with T4 and T5 in the Rocket and the Traveller's.. Could have won last week if not for parring the last 5 holes after being on real contention to win. A look at his stats shows a driving average last week around 300 yards with an accuracy of 60-70% fairways hit. Not bad and solid enough. His best stat lies with the putter ranking 4th overall in shots gained on the field. While he might have a bogey rarely, he doesn't blow out on holes with doubles or triples.

At $41 in a field like this, suits me perfectly. $10 win as usual.

Top 10 finish a tasty $5.50. $10 to cover.

Current spend $30.

detonator likes this post.

The Scottish Open is a cracking field in the lead up to next week's Open Championship.

Most of the big guns have already made the trip and are well represented in the betting. Jon Rahm is favorite at around $8 and is the one to beat coming off the US open victory.

It's another case this week of whether the big guns are ready to go or will be a nice trial before the Group 1 next week.

One bloke I've been following and is in great form is Guido Migliozzi. Before going to the US, finished outright second in the British Championships behind Bland, losing in a playoff and backing that effort up with another outright 2nd in the Made in Himmerland. Goes to the US open and finished an incredible T4 behind Rahm and then backing up to run T13 in the Travelers after being in it for a long way. Back home to Europe and I reckon he is a great chance at the $51 to really consolidate his standing in world golf. His best stats this season in Europe lie with a ranking of 8th in stroke average at just over 69 per round with the tour average closer to 72 and he is highly ranked for greens in regulation. He needs to hit many greens in regulation and 4 rounds of 69 might be enough to be in contention on Sunday.

$51 win for $10 as usual.

$3.60 for top 20 finish for $10

Have to have a $5 on the Lebioda double win at $2091-1

Also a $5 on the top 10/top 20 finish at around 20-1

Total spend across both tournaments $60.

Good luck!

detonator, Markovina likes this post.

Nice one Bomber. Extremely in depth as we have come to expect.
    I will watch with interest and follow your fortunes.

But I have two things to pull you up on !!!

Seriously....how can you bet on a bloke who`s first name is "Hank".
    And secondly $2091-1 double ?? 
    In the words of the great Dennis Commetti "that`s ambitious" Haha

Good luck 

@-)

H-BOMBER likes this post.

There good picks  Bomber - Guido has got good form - pretty long hitter to-  very confident sort of player

I think Rahm though at the $8 is an attractive price  - unlike Rory he doesnt bomb out when he drops in class

Rahm is that competitive - he will be trying to win the Scottish Open - where as alot of players might treat it as a warm up for the following week

That short swing of Rahm - nothing  can go much wrong with it .  - you contrast that to L Herbert - as Paul McGinlay ( who had a text book swing ) said in the commentary - re LH swing - there is alot of moving parts - and thats it - so anything can happen - thats why he hit those wild shots

You contrast that to Rahm - its just straight back - and straight through - hell of alot more reliable

Im having something on Rahm at the 8 bucks - i think that is a very good price - for a world class player who loves to win
    How sick is America 

Did you read about that - 41 year old  golf pro murdered

Lovely Country club golf course - someone drove a pickup truck onto one of fairways - golf pro went over to see what was happening - got randomly executed shot in the head - and there were 2 other dead bodies in the back of of truck . The bloke who did it just fled on foot

That is one scary sick place America 
    Farkin hell that is absolutely sickening @Markovina.

Rahm might be worth a spec at $61 to take out both this tournament and the Open as well of you are keen on him. He'd be the only one capable of pulling this off in his form
    Rahm is pretty bullet proof. Got all the shots. Solid as.
    Not sure where he sits in the World rankings so maybe his motivation is to No1  quickly if he is not there already.
    Remember Martin Keymer was once World No 1. WTF
    Can`t understand people not trying or electing to tune their game on an actual round of golf.
    Only because I am not one to pay $50.00 or whatever to do 18 holes and drink pizz. Seems a waste of money to not try.
    That is what the pracitice range and the 19th hole is for.  
    [-X
    Rahm is already No. 1 in both the OWGR (Official World Golf Rankings) and the R2D (Race to Dubai). He going alright at the minute haha

If Kaymer wins this week I will give it away. I was sucked in last week and he let me down. He needs a top 3 finish to get into the Open next week. 
    One last bet I had today was $5 on Rickard Karlberg at $101 for first round leader in Europe. He's another great chance for the top 20
    edited July 2021
    Lebioda T1 in the first round with the last hole to play on the par 4 18th.

He is -8 for the day with their other players. Hoping for a birdie here, or at worst a par.
    Oh my Lebioda bogies the last hole to finish -7 and just misses first round leader at $61 :((
    edited July 2021
    I was following the last 4 holes and I was ready to eat humble pie on my Hank comments Bomber (which I sort of am anyway)
    Great tip and will be rooting for you to win the tourney. Especially after my man will be lucky to make the cut.
    But just on a side note.
    Last weeks tournament I had one only "head to head" 18 hole bet. Final round.
    Backed Munoz  @1.93 to out score Stallings @ 1.85.
    Stallings -2 on the round. Munoz +4 on the round.
    18 holes later Munoz is joint leader at -8. WTF. Haha
    @-)
    Ah the great game :(
    No no....the cruel game.
    I watched the Rahm/Thomas/Rory group all 18 holes

The thing about Rahm ( and how bad was that shirt he had on - not the 1st time that campaigner  has done that - thats why i like seeing him get beat - but not this week because my moneys on him - hah ) he reliably hits the ball straight - especially off the tee. Rory in contrast misses a hell of alot fairways - thats Jason Days problem - when they tee it up - your not sure they are going to hit the fairway - however with Rahm your very confident he will - thats why he is so consistent 

Not a hard course - needs a decent wind - then those 200 metre par 3s - they would be good viewing - good test

Sottie Hend shot 4 under = not a difficult course - lets hope the wind blows tonight 
    Just give the tournament to Rahm now. He is in beast mode with a 29 on his first 9 today. I'm calling it
    The only way they beat him is if he gets COVID again
    Might have put the kiss of death on him. He's solid still at -10 but he is scrambling this nine
    Streelman misses the cut.
    Streelman couldn’t beat Noren in my head to head 18 hole bet.
    Jason Scrivener shoots even par and drops down the leader board.

Hahahahaha.

When does the open start ????
    @-)
    Did you see that bloke  who tried to steal Rorys 6 iron from his bag when he was just about to hit off the 1st tee

Brazenly walked up - took the head cover off his driver - then took the iron out of the bag

Rahm said he thought the bloke was part of the camera crew - so confident he walked onto the tee - but they smelt alcohol on his breath - as he was being led away
    edited July 2021
    Yeah saw that. Very bizarre. Reckon if there was a bit of “ argy bargy” Rahm physically looks like he wouldn’t be a pushover.  
    Wonder what punishment would be handed out ?
    Sure there wouldn’t be a precedent. 
    :-?
    Haha yeah saw that. Luckily for the bloke this was in Europe because if that was a US comp then he would likely be dead or severely injured. No panic or anything and then eventually security comes in.

Funny part the guy gives up the club and then just thinks I'll take this head cover with me
    edited July 2021
    Absolutely ripping finish coming up to the Euro tour tournament. Plenty in contention with the top 3 unqualified for the Open next week to gain a start. Put the coffee on and set yourselves for a great finish
    Got a final round head to head going on.
    Got Min Woo Lee @$1.80 to beat Padraig Harrington. Lee is -1 so far Harrington is Par.
    Safe as houses there. Min absolutely on fire with 6 birds in a row!

I'm cheering him home for a mate of mine who has backed him at $351 pre tournament!
    3 way playoff between Min Woo Lee, Thomas Detry and Matthew Fitzpatrick at -18.

~O) (:| I-)
    And Min Woo Lee wins the Scottish Open on the first playoff hole for Western Australia!

And secures his spot at the open next week. What a week for the Aussies in International sport

detonator likes this post.