G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members

Golf Betting

Sport

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Went heavy with “bank interest” odds on Schauffele making the cut. Glad the rounds aren’t 21 holes. May have been in trouble. 
    Saw some vision this morning of the tourney.
    The greens look spectacular. Undulating billiard tables.
    In prime position Bomber with your selection’s.
    I would like to see “Z” be the one that gets you across the line. I personally don’t like JT. If they are in the last pairing in the final round then will be cheering on Will.
    :-B

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Get stuffed Det lol nah I actually think he is a bit of a dh myself..

However as H wins with either guy I feel with respect to my interests I can say I hope Willy Z chokes :D
    He looked flawless in round 2 in good conditions but the pressure ain't on yet!

Apologies TS. I didn’t realise you were on JT as well. Thought you were just booting home Schaufelle who is probably out of contention.
    Obviously now I will be cheering home JT to hopefully get both you “golf” tragic’s home.
    I haven’t watched hardly any of it at the minute. Just been following my investment “Schaufelle” on line.
    Love to be financially with you guys on JT but I don’t want to “Moz” you.
    So I have had a 3rd round head to head. Davis Riley @ $1.86 vs Matt Kuuuuuuuuuuuchar.
    Good luck boys.
    [-O<

Thunderstruck likes this post.

detonator said:

Apologies TS. I didn’t realise you were on JT as well. Thought you were just booting home Schaufelle who is probably out of contention.

Obviously now I will be cheering home JT to hopefully get both you “golf” tragic’s home.
    I haven’t watched hardly any of it at the minute. Just been following my investment “Schaufelle” on line.
    Love to be financially with you guys on JT but I don’t want to “Moz” you.
    So I have had a 3rd round head to head. Davis Riley @ $1.86 vs Matt Kuuuuuuuuuuuchar.
    Good luck boys.
    [-O<

Lol All good mate I backed Schauffele Thomas and Scheffler and only one is left in the hunt, 3 back idk if he can win but is in the conversation.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Thanks @meatpie , very much appreciated.

Could not have been more wrong with Scheffler :(

Could not have been more right with Willy Z :)

We head into the weekend with realistically 2 chances in Willy and JT.

JT ever consistent, it's just impossible to say how good his -2 round was given he copped the worst of the wind. He has to be up there as favorite now after 36 holes.

Zalatoris was again sublime on his back nine..the only thing he needed was the putter to show up and low and behold, after losing over 4 shots last week in the Byron he is at present over 6 shots gained against the field and number 1. His only problem will be his inability to have won yet on the PGA, but as history has shown first time tour winners aren't out of place winning at PGA

The others have it all to do. Fowler could not buy a birdie overnight but he had plenty of looks. That's encouraging. Hindsight says the bet should have been to make the cut, he has missed one cut in his last 12 majors or something silly. Easy after the fact!

Makes for a great weekend..
    Tough watch on old Tiger tonight. Unfortunately he is cooked. Currently +11 for the tournament and +8 thru 11 today

Looks like a slog out there. A -2 round might be gold for the boys at the top today

edited May 2022
    H-BOMBER said:

Tough watch on old Tiger tonight. Unfortunately he is cooked. Currently +11 for the tournament and +8 thru 11 today

Looks like a slog out there. A -2 round might be gold for the boys at the top today

Yes was about to post similar. I have seen on a few occasions now his leg is cruelling his ability to play at a high level and while he battled away manfully fo make the cut i guess he gave all he had yesty.Sad to see
    Now i have no idea if there is further recovery/significant improvement to come from the leg but the great man's time at the top level may be up.

Correct too there is hardly a guy not over par in their round so far.

I have pencilled in Pereira for a choke/flop today unsure on how WZ goes in tough going but I reckon JT will hang in there if it's a war.
    edited May 2022
    RIP Thomas ya cat!

Good luck ro you H you have a couple within 3 or 4 of the lead?
    Well done to Pereira he is the one I wrongly picked as going backwards but shoots 69 one would assume under a fair bit of pressure.
    Numerous highly rated players are around 15 shots behind him idk how that works but he should be proud win or lose.
    I have said this before and I am saying it again.
    Golf punting can be super frustrating. !!!!!
    My bloke Riley was 5 shots ahead on the round vs Kuuuuuuuuchar. (after Riley birdies 9 and Kuch bogey’s 10). Riley then proceeds to “lip out” putts on 3 holes in a row (12,13 and 14) all within 9ft.
    They both ended up +3 on the round for money back. Aaaaagh.
    :-&
    As predicted,a just under score for the day proves to be golden. Mito shoots -1 while all the others who were in contention shoot +3 or worse. Mito takes a 3 shot lead over Matty Fitzpatrick and Will Zalatoris and Cameron Young. As said previously Cameron Young will be rookie of the year and has a real shot at winning the PGA. Unfortunately I didn't include him in my outrights and am regretting that decision....might have to have something small on in case Mito loses a leg. The Chilean looks solid and hopefully a few bogies early will bring the chasing pack into it.

Also, Tiger has withdrawn, which is a good thing. He hacked around the course and was in pain at every shot. Nobody wants to see that.

edited May 2022
    Yeh sad to see and not at all surprised, he was gone about 10 or 11 holes into the 2nd round only made the cut because he willed himself to(when most would have tanked there and then), the man is a champion.

I won't be watching the last round it's too tiring and the last groups don't start till around 2am ffs..
    I predict Gunna Thomas will shoot low-ish tomorrow and lose by only a couple, poor effort by him on moving day when he could have emulated Pereira's round and be 2nd on his own and ready to pounce..oh well.

Is a Bradbury story possible and they all crash?Schauffele goes nuts like last week and comes from even par to steal the most unlikely victory in Majors history :D completely improbable but he could climb up the leaderboard like last week.
    Might check who he's matched up with and also his top 10 or 5 finish prices..
    Taking some more golf punishment.
    Final round head to head.
    Lucas Herbert $1.86 vs Stewart Cink.
    Might take a sleeping tablet tonight to nullify my body clock which wakes me up at 3.00pm to check on the progress of my investment. I-)
    Oh my god, what a final round that was. And it's still going.

Willy Z vs Thomas in a 3 hole aggregate playoff and I can't lose!!!

Drama down the stretch with Thomas charging, Willy hanging on and Mito losing it. Periera was 1cm from birdie on 17 to go into 18 with a 2 shot lead. Them goes into the water on 18 and takes double on the last.

Love this game

jum likes this post.

• BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Had something on Thomas on Saturday,saw his price yesterday,mmm should have gone again,looked gone $-)

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Came from 8 shots back today!

Feel sorry for Willy Z, another runner up in a major and remains winless on the tour.

The winner becomes exempt for all majors for the next 5 years
    Well done Bomber and Thunder. "Pug Face" JT came thru for you both. Nice work.
    Mito will have trouble sleeping tonight I reckon.
    Special shout out to Lucas Herbert who bounced back from a double bogey on the 16th to then birdie the last 2 holes to get me across the line. 
    It was like groundhog day after coughing up a 5 shot advantage at the halfway mark.
    Golf betting is so stressful.....but addictive.
    \:D/

Wow, just wow..thought he was goneski a few in front obviously shat the bed(kind of like he did in the 3rd round)it was definitely swings and roundabouts baby, happy days!
    Thought Pereira would have been more solid after forging on in Rd 3 but it was the pressure on the biggest day of his life that got to him and Willy to a degree also.

Didn't notice JT's price prior to the start of round 4 but being 7 back I bet it was juicy.

Also didn't even know Willy had been a previous major runner up you would think/hope his day is coming.
    JT was still $22 after 9 holes today! Apparently had a 1.2% chance of winning start of the day and was $67

Thunderstruck, BlacksAFake likes this post.

H-BOMBER said:

Had to have 1 unit on Tiger at $81.00. Would never forgive myself.

Totl this week 51 units out

Season +44.5 units

Feast of famine again. 

106.5 units jumps back in the kick

Total season = +151 units

Chipping away and have some momentum now. The last two weeks have gone hard at the betting and it has paid off somewhat. Still a ways to go to last season +560ish units but we no complaint.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Pretty decent field lining up for the Charles Schwab this week. Will be going over things tonight.

In other news thanks to my friends KH Lee and JT, I will be treating myself to a new driver and 3 wood. Any suggestions welcome, I'm quite keen on the TaylorMade SIM and SIM 2 range
    Its Charles Schwab Challege week at Colonial Golf Course. No Major Tournament hangovers here!

Course is a Par 72 at a tick under 6500 yards. One of the shorter places on tour, so its no surprise that Driving Distance and Off the Tee stats arent so important this week. If anything, stats to take into considerations are strokes gained putting (13/43) and strokes gained approach (18/43). Also, a notoriously hard stretch of 3 holes known as the "Horrible Horseshoe" encompasses holes 3-4-5 and is said to be the hardest 3 hole stretch on tour, playing a combined 0.5-1 stroke over par. Could make or break a round early in the day for some. 

Conditions, while curently wet on Tuesday and Wednesday, seem to be sunny for the 4 days with 0% chance of rain predicted. Wind is at its worst on Sunday. For me, I read the conditions  as being soft early on Thurday for the morning groups which may lead to agrresive play on soft greens, drying out through the day to play slightly harder in the afternoon groups. Starters on the back 9 in the morning on Day 1 might have the best advantage, getting the easier 9 first in the softest conditions. Important for first round leader players like me. 

After saluting the last 2 weeks in a row, im bound to come crashing back to earth. With a lot of favorites and big names playing, odds seem juicy and I will be steering clear of the Schefflers and Thomas' of the world. For examples, both Scheffler and Thomas are at the top of the market, but reslistically, Scheffler is very frustrated with his game at the momentas seen last week. The pressure to keep winning may be needling him. With JT, he obviously in good form, but winnning week to week on the PGA tour is rare unless your name is Tiger Woods. He might play well and win again, but statistically this is not a good way to invest this week at the $11.

In outright markets, Im going with no less than 8 blokes this week at a final arbitrage price of $5.29. Lots of darts!

Willy Z  $21 - He has to be an autobet for me after just falling short last week. He has found the putter somewhat and the ball striking continues to be elite. He is busting for a win on the tour, the only chinks in the armour maybe the quick back up after a draining final round and the field may simply score too low for him.

Sam Burns $31 - Rates well with the putter and overall strokes gained which I put a lot of emphasis on. Can bounce back after a disappointing week last week.

Max Homa $31 - Another Sam Burns type, he was pretty good last week even though he didnt figure. A recent winner and rates highly in approach play.

Jason Kokrak $41 - Last years winner with excellent tournamnt histroy at Colonial. Rates well in putting, ball striking and SG overall. They dont win back to back often, however this year we have already seen it happen a few times (think Hovland at Mayacoba, KH Lee at Byron). Might be a last hurrah before Saudi Golf eats him up.

Kevin Na $51 - Similar profile here to Kokrak. Its his 500th start on the PGA tour and has a tendency to pop up at these "lesser" tournaments. Can go low early and still be there on Sunday

Davis Riley $51 - The recent forms leaps off the page at you with a 13th place in the PGA Championship, 9th at the Byron, 5th in Mexico and a 4th at the Zurich in his last 4 starts. Definately what you might call a sleeper pick, good odds for a relatively unknown name outside the normal big names. 

Lucas Herbert $126 - I cannot beleive this price and I am keen as mustard on him this week. He leads this field in SG putting over the last 24 rounds and couple that with his high ranking in strokes gained total, he looks a nice play. A bold showing last week with a T13 finish, he was around the mark on Day 4 and faultered through the middle stages. He goes off early on Thursday from the 10th, might go low early and give them something to chase. Should be easily top aussie this week

Rickie Fowler $126 - I will die on this hill. I am convinced he will win on the tour this year and break a massive drought. At Byron Nelson he showed flickers of form and finsihed just outside the top 20. Last week at the PGA, he again played solidly carding a respectable 23rd placing and was right on the edge of getting something going during the week, but would always just fauletr at the wrong time. At the prices he is going around, its easy to have something small on. I believe Rickie. 

Spend 20 units for 105.84 return ($5.29)

First round leader plays

Play the above blokes plus Collin Morikawa, Brendan Todd and Emilaino Grillo. As mentioned above, the conditions look good for early Thrusday groups. Morning group players include Morikawa, Burns, Na, Herbert, Fowler and Grillo. Of these, only Na and Grillo tee off number 1, while the rest go off 10. This could be read a few ways, but either get off to a hot start on the back 9 in the soft conditions to go low early and get confidence, or get the hard holes out the away first, and if successful at being under par early, stabilise with an easier 9 to finish. Added Morikawa to FRL as he is elite ball striker and will get better conditions this week. He seems to be a player that needs it perfect to succeed. He is $31 so worth putting in the mix. Brendon Todd and Emiliano Grillo both rate well overall and note Grillo has good course history. While I havent got them win outright, a sheckle on them in FRL is worthwhile at $101 and $151 respectively.

At the tabtough prices, 10 units on these 11! guys will get you $4.75 on the arbitrgage for 47.5 units returned.

Bonus bets this week might be Top 20 plays on the following blokes
    Herbert $4.50
    Fowler $4.50
    Todd $5.50
    Grillo $7.50

Can play 5 units here across all 4 for returns of 0, 6.58, 13.16, 19.74 and 26.32 units back depending if none , 1, 2, 3 or all salute top 20. 

Another week, another tournament. Like I said, can never be confident winning multiple weeks in a row, but will try! 

Best of luck

detonator, Thunderstruck likes this post.

I'm not confident at all this week(I think partly because of the prices of the guys I've selected).
    While I agree with your take on the top 3 in betting and I won't be betting on two of them I have a feeling Spieth can bounce straight back, was a bit unlucky the week before last.
    May end up having 20 or 25 bucks on him to cover the others and still return a good profit should he win it.

Giving Will a chance again and not backing him plus stuff Collin he is too miss with barely any hit.
    Bets are all 31 bucks or more hmmm.

Burns and Fleetwood at 31 to win 600
    Simpson at 46 to win 600
    Harry Varner at 51 again to win 600, I like this cool dude and he plays pretty well.
    Spend of appx $65 only, increasing to 90 if I end up backing Spieth as well.

H-BOMBER, detonator likes this post.

edited May 2022
    Going with Ancer @ $41 Hovland @ $21 and Burns @ $29.
    $20 on each for a bit of interest. 

:D

H-BOMBER, Thunderstruck likes this post.

Good luck gents

16 players either tied or 1 shot off the lead after day 1. Makes for an interesting second round and competitive cut line. To be honest I am suprised -4 is the club house leader. Best of my bunch were Davis Riley and Kevin Na on -3. All are within striking distance and its no suprise seeing Zalatoris the worst of them at +2. He has a morning tee time tomorrow which hopefully suits him better and gets him back in contention.
    In other news, I am nowe in possession of the Taylormade SIM2 Max D 9 degree driver and the 3 wood. I expect to be shooting low 70s by Christmas  :))

Gilgamesh, jum likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    And how many for the back nine? :)

H-BOMBER, Gilgamesh likes this post.

8 guys tied at -4? Early days but two of mine equal in the lead giddyup Harry ole son! Early days idk if they will be there after Rd 2, I see Scottie is there obviously presents a big danger.
    Didn't bother backing Spieth then was "gunna" take a second chance bet him and Zalatoris @$9 but it was not value so skipped it altogether.

Instead i just had a h2h match bet(I like the 2 options with the draw a no bet result Tabtouch offer)Willy to beat Kisner with some short tennis legs chasers.
    I'll be backing up on Willy again to properly beat Kisner in this round, he is actually a slightly better price i guess because he didn't win convincingly..Panthers are a moral even at a -5.5 line in the NRL so I'll add that in for some cream tonight.
    H-BOMBER said:

In other news, I am nowe in possession of the Taylormade SIM2 Max D 9 degree driver and the 3 wood. I expect to be shooting low 70s by Christmas  :))

Nice, hopefully they go straight for ya.
    H-BOMBER said:

A bad tradesman always blames his tools !!!  :D

H-BOMBER likes this post.