G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 10 Non Members

Apprentice Claims

West Australian Racing
tonytony    2,361 posts
RWWA Thoroughbreds ‏@RWWA_Thor 7m7 minutes ago

Trial of additional non-claiming races at metro and inner provincial venues will cease on 31/7. Appr's can claim again in all races from 1/8
+1 -1

nosoup4u, RIO likes this post.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    =D> sanity prevails.
  • BobbyDavisBobbyDavis    916 posts
    Could someone post results over a period of say the last 12 months, which will show whether apprentices or non apprentices have won or placed in city races in Perth?

If I was to guess I'd say that apprentices will have won or placed a lot more than in years gone by. Not sure but I think this has a lot to do with the handicapping system in use.
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    edited July 2015
    A bad idea from the start. All the trial did was reduce field sizes. On 1 July 5 of the 8 runners were ridden by apprentices who filled the first 4 placings.
  • ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    It would be interesting to have an apprentices winning percentage of rides from outside barrier 6(excluding the staying races)I'm sure that it would not be even half as good as the senior riders.
  • careycarey    6,368 posts
    so i thought why not.

where the claim taken = something and the distance is less than 1900m and the gate is greater than 6 and the track is ascot or belmont and rides count is greater than 100

and for others it's the same except of course no claims.

looks like your 'sure' is wrong.
    although i don't think it's a good way to prove anything.
    that's what happens when you dislike my posts!! =))

apps.jpg
    827 x 613 - 230K