G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 22 Non Members

Danny Nikolic banned from all Victorian tracks

East Coast Racing

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Reporting of suicide by the media can have a contagion effect. This is a known fact. The media are irresponsible by reporting specifics and derelict in their duty if they don’t print the helpline numbers. That’s widely accepted convention @source.....as for your conspiracy theory, it’s not worthy of a response.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

That's cold @SLIPPERGOLDEN. Forget about his alleged crime-the guy thought he only had one choice and people come to that conclusion for a variety of reasons. It would be irresponsible of them to omit the number because they can't assume the mental state of the reader.

Nice to see you do have a nice decent side to you kramer... one of your more pleasant posts I must admit 
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    I understand the depression talk, my very good mate is in and out of treatment facilities for the last 10 years. Trust me, its not a good feeling going to these places to visit. Everyone is just so broken.

But gee wizz 20million worth of drugs. Thats no street corner weed dealer.

spinking, RIO likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    A good friend of mine had a daughter that committed suicide . He himself then went through a lengthy period of depression brought on by this event. I am not qualified to speak about either, all  though we all have our opinions on both i have seen first hand how a level headed good bloke can suddenly turn into a shell of the person he was brought on by a episode in there life. Although you can express sorrow or empathy for his current situation, there are clearly two differing scenarios for the case of my friend above the loss of his daughter, and Mr Nikolic. What we may forget in his case is the pain and sorrow that would have been brought upon many people if the drugs and guns had of reached there intended targets , and all of this for his own personal illegal gain
    @spinking The irony is, without access to those drugs there will  be those that suffer the same fate that Nikolic chose simply because they can't escape whatever demons they have haunting them. Winning the war on drugs-if that were even possible- simply means that another war is lost because it's not deemed worthy of resources. People will get drugs no matter how hard you try to stop them-the war was lost a long time ago. 
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    That may be the case Kramer but people will still have a diminished sympathy for where he is now because of the reason he got there
    hash said:

That's cold @SLIPPERGOLDEN. Forget about his alleged crime-the guy thought he only had one choice and people come to that conclusion for a variety of reasons. It would be irresponsible of them to omit the number because they can't assume the mental state of the reader.

Nice to see you do have a nice decent side to you kramer... one of your more pleasant posts I must admit 
    Kind words @hash but Happy Valley tonight means hating hours are open O:-)
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
    Speaking generally, how many successful drug and gun importers and exporters would be depressed after successfully completing their illegal trade?

Speaking generally, how many successful drug and gun importers and exporters would be depressed after successfully completing their illegal trade?

Not really the point-the help numbers weren't included for drug dealers facing a long prison stretch. You wanted the crimestoppers number in their place. In most cases, snitches are pretty low in my book so i won't post what I think their fate should be
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Political correctness gone stupid....The guy is a complete failure in all things he tries and wants to top himself...FFS he is willing to instill pain ad misery on thousands of people and their families nd you twats are worried about a helpline number being included!?!??!?!?

The title should have been "NIKOLIC FAILS AGAIN - Racing community up in arms over unpublished helpline number"

The above conversation is unbelievable...

oldhendo likes this post.

@rio The article is about his apparent attempt to take his own life, his crimes are not mainstream news to anyone outside of racing. If you really did read the above comments you will appreciate that I clearly said, his crimes aside, any vulnerable person could be triggered by such an article and hence providing the numbers is the responsible thing to do. It's not PC, but thank god you're not the one deciding whether or not  it's appropriate.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

If he was caught a little more North/East on his boat, he wouldn't have to worry about taking his own life. It would be taken for him by firing squad.

Which in my opinion, is the right option for people caught with that amount of drugs.

oldhendo, savethegame, RIO likes this post.

Criminalising drugs just makes selling/trafficking them attractive to people wanting to make a quick buck. If people want them, they're gonna use them whether they're legal or not. The dealers just provide a service where there's an obvious demand and the risk involved accounts for the financial incentive

RIO dislikes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

Criminalising drugs just makes selling/trafficking them attractive to people wanting to make a quick buck. If people want them, they're gonna use them whether they're legal or not. The dealers just provide a service where there's an obvious demand and the risk involved accounts for the financial incentive

So lets sell Meth and heroin at Woolworths and Coles then Kramer.  
    8-}

RIO likes this post.

edited June 2018
    jum said:

So lets sell Meth and heroin at Woolworths and Coles then Kramer.  
    8-}
    You know very well if someone wants to get high they'll use whatever they can: weed, chroming aerosols, inhaling glue, petrol. Society needs to address the reasons why people do drugs in the first place. Busting dealers is just about PR, nothing more.

RIO dislikes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Hey @therealkramer here's another story without the helpline number on it.....This guy got help and continues to work at managing his mental health issue. Should they have published his therapists phone number...

And why oh why hasn't he turned to cheating and transporting millions of dollars worth of drugs??? I work every day of the week with people with mental health issues, and not too many of them get into trafficking drugs.....Nikolic is just **** off that he got caught and wants a bit of sympathy, the story was fine.Its the soft..ck, tree hugging lefties that are the man problem.
    @rio You're stuck on the drugs issue-the reporting of suicide is a completely separate matter. The only reason it was published is because whoever approved it knows there are those out their that take comfort in seeing drug dealers suffer. 

You work with people with mental health issues yet you remain ignorant about how such articles can affect people who are suffering from the same issues Nikolic was and they may never have strayed in their life. It doesn't discriminate, people do.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    And your opinion is wrong again, yet you continue to drone on. Every individual is dealt with differently......If you have the magic formula for dealing with suicide and mental health issues, spit it out and make yourself Billions of dollars and become God like.

Its narrow minded people who believe they have the answers that are the real issue with finding solutions for individuals...Casting YOUR all inclusive net to suggest you know what is best is paramount to endangering many people.

This man has failed repeated by trying to take short cuts. And from the outside looking in he has done nothing to change his habits. His issues his responsibility for the outcomes. We can only hold their hands until they are ready to get help or be helped. In the mean time these despicable individuals that deal in drugs deserve the harshest treatment possible...Even if by their own hand. ZERO sympathy for them

The unfortunate people who buy and use the drugs i have a lot of time, empathy and sympathy for.

jum likes this post.

@rio I will say it again. There is a PROVEN link between the reporting of suicide and a cluster of attempts. If attaching a helpline number to an article like this one saves even one life how can you say it's wrong? 

Your opinion of Nikolic, the PC brigade or tree huggers is totally irrelevant
    edited July 2018
    Doesnt look like Nikolic is the king pin people in this thread have alleged. He and his wife were caught with cocaine and ecstasy and on their yacht. The charges relating to the drugs are posession and importation which is different to intent to distribute.

**edit** $20mil haul means it's more than just personal use. However we are talking nose candy here, not heroin.