In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 36 Non Members

NRL 2016

Sport

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited September 2016
    ^^^I'm not sure if this tip has been posted on the forum before but to read that-or any other article that is part of a subscriber service just google the article title and up it pops...I know @bookielover was asking about an article I posted some time back
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited September 2016
    6.5 line head start for the Raiders...think might go Cronulla to win into Raiders at the line. About $4. Great if Canberra can get the first try and conversion...takes line out to 12.5 so to speak.
    edited September 2016
    @Ridersonthestorm33 The key number is 20. The Raiders haven't won a game by scoring less than that all year. A quick start like last time they met(the Raiders scored in the first min) is the key to both winning at the line and, ultimately the game.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Keep going Cronulla!!

therealkramer likes this post.

Keep going Cronulla!!

So the Raiders need to cover the line for you to collect? X_X
    edited September 2016
    ^^ Yes Trk...only half time for me so far. That day Cronulla without 5 state of origin players demolished Penrith...thought right I'm going to hit them down the track in a final if a reasonable price! Good scenario tonight going in as underdogs.
    Gutsy effort Raiders.

Gutsy effort Raiders.

Would you believe that Edrick Lee was in the development squad for the Brisbane Bullets when he was younger? No, really, he was ~X(

Gutsy effort Raiders.

Congrats on your collect but, gee the Raiders blew a HUGE opportunity there. Some players are not worthy of the hype surrounding them. Sezer stepped up big time tonight.

What about the courage when down a player. Amazing.
    Thought the line was blown at 14-6. Down a man too. Was looking bleak...the fact Canberra could have won in the final few minutes...Herculean effort.
    edited September 2016
    To think if the Raiders hadn't blown that lead against the Sharks they would have played the Cowboys last night to make the GF.

edited September 2016
    Cronulla $2.05 for GF... That will do...going out on a wing and a prayer for the last game...all onto them.

BlacksAFake likes this post.

When a team as good as Cronulla starts underdogs...it's time to get on.
    edited September 2016
    What I learnt this year is...stay away from the $1.10 to $1.50 shots...don't touch them...don't multi them..avoid them like the plague. Doesn't matter if they get up because you only need one or two to lose and sooner or later they do and your behind the eight ball. If you think the underdog CAN WIN back them at the line. Goes for NRL, NBA, AFL.

hash likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts

opinions guys - who has had the better lead up going into this weekends GF?

formlines etc...? sharks beating the cowboys after Nth Qld palyed their grand final last week imo and when you look back closer, the broncos weren't travelling all that well themselves leading into the finals with a few shaky results (coming from behind and conceding points etc)

then you have the Storm who look to have dominated the Raider all game on Saturday after the first 20mins once the raiders scored first it was all the storm in control... how were the raiders and their formline leading into the finals as I didn't watch them play a full game

• BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Know who I want to be on

Know who I want to be on

WHO

Broncos and Nth Qld have been below par the second half of the season and more so leading into the finals so I'm not convinced on Cronulla, Storm on the other hand have been there before and have way too much firepower

Reckon Sharks are peaking again at right time,the form which saw them win 15 straight .
    It's now or never,if they can get the passes to stick unlike the 1st final,could be a blowout.
    edited September 2016
    Coming from a non NRL background but can't believe how fast Cronulla are. On Sharks @$2.05 and maybe a saver on Melbourne 1-6 @$5. If Storm win by over 6 they deserve it! But backing Cronulla around $2 and Melbourne around $5 at a small margin don't think you can go wrong.
    edited September 2016
    Sydney Swans all onto Cronulla approx $3.25 plus if Sydney get up a saver on Storm 1-6 @$5. If you can go into Sunday's game on Cronulla @$3.25 and Melbourne 1-6 @$5...you are in a good spot.

Sydney Swans all onto Cronulla approx $3.25 plus if Sydney get up a saver on Storm 1-6 @$5. If you can go into Sunday's game on Cronulla @$3.25 and Melbourne 1-6 @$5...you are in a good spot.

I'm thinking the same approach but the opposite pick in the NRL

already on the swans at different prices from $4 (last Friday night before the Geelong game started) then again at $2 halfway through that same game then again at $1.85 the following day

if and when they win i'll be looking to have a saver on the Sharks 1-12 at around $3

I'm surprised Cronulla are underdogs but the strength of their win over the Cowboys means nothing, really as far as the Storm are concerned. Big game experience is probably why Melbourne are favs. If they win you would think it would be close, I couldn't take odds on about that style of game, it's not worth the stress. Happy to sit back and enjoy the game without betting on it though. Canberra will win it all next year and i will be betting $-)

FWIW Sharks by 8 :)]

cowboys didn't turn up, don't get too carried away with the win by the sharks

therealkramer likes this post.

Up the Sharkies!!

Taken all weekend but finally landed a winning bet. Bring it on next year too! Great competition.

BlacksAFake, therealkramer likes this post.

Will Chambers!!?? did he not see Cronk out in the open to his left.. Chambers had eyes for the ball and his only intention was to snatch the win doing it on his own or Cronk didn't call out loud enough for the ball... either way that play will haunt me for the next 12 months :((