G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 8 Non Members

SURELY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

West Australian Racing

Comments

• jumjum    3,512 posts

Collie Races in 3 weeks Bomber.  He might excel on the dirt. =)) .

At least try him out, might be able to snig him up north next year to try and pinch a placing or two

;))

RIO likes this post.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    Fair run from The Kid today.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    Fastmoney said:

Fair run from The Kid today.

Should get him at least another 12 runs then.

hash likes this post.

• LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts

Chelsea, jum likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited October 2016

Start Number 72 today Lads <:-P

Mid week at Ascot is what I can not Fathom. The trainer is prepared to go to Northam to race him. A 2 hour drive from his training base. On Saturday there are 2 Maidens at Collie a 2 hour drive.

A 71 start non winner, would more than likely pick up a cheque at the Collie races than Mid week Ascot races

:-??
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    How the hell can WK not be on the limit in this race? I'll tell you. He copped a penalty of 10 ratings points for running 3rd of 4 in a maiden at Northam! Handicapping at its best  =))

Fastmoney, jum likes this post.

• loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Rodent said:

How the hell can WK not be on the limit in this race? I'll tell you. He copped a penalty of 10 ratings points for running 3rd of 4 in a maiden at Northam! Handicapping at its best  =))

This is a horrible field , his form warrants it  ;)

jum likes this post.

• loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    jum said:

Start Number 72 today Lads <:-P

Mid week at Ascot is what I can not Fathom. The trainer is prepared to go to Northam to race him. A 2 hour drive from his training base. On Saturday there are 2 Maidens at Collie a 2 hour drive.

A 71 start non winner, would more than likely pick up a cheque at the Collie races than Mid week Ascot races

:-??
    And just 6 in the 2000m Collie Cup a race that would suit with distance he has been racing over

jum likes this post.

Rodent said:

Bigger ratings scandal than Lite`n In My Veins

jum likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

The Kid hasn't started in a month.

Will he be retired a 74 start maiden.

Maybe a long spell and bought back for a trip north. We know he is Durable.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

Start number 75 tomorrow lads <:-P  <:-P

Connections maybe getting him ready for one last hurrah before he goes north

:-bd
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    He is like the grey nomad going to Roebourne for a holiday

Actually the real grey nomads have a lot more in the bank than the poor old kid

IN all seriousness does there come a time when RWWA knock back his nomination?
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

By the looks of it Spink

NO

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Got a pacing competitor for the Kid....at Kellerberrin on Sunday, noticed that the rising 10 year old Whispers VC had his last win on November 26, 2012.
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    Should have nommed for the WA Cup on Saturday. He wouldn't even had been the lowest rated horse entered. Battle King (a 50 rater; 46-1-1-2) will pick up $1500 for running last.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Wow what a terrible excuse for a race the WA Cup is. Sad really, we should be looking forward to the only 3200m race in the state. 

Ngawyni, thefalcon, Chelsea likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Wow what a terrible excuse for a race the WA Cup is. Sad really, we should be looking forward to the only 3200m race in the state. 

Takes a few years to build up distance horses. Think it is only its second running and last year it was a late programming change - could be wrong and am sure someone will correct me if i am.

The test for this race shoudl be in 5 or 6 years time. If they cant get a full field then, then maybe it is time to give up on distance racing in WA

• runyonrunyon    569 posts
    Ngawyni said:

Should have nommed for the WA Cup on Saturday. He wouldn't even had been the lowest rated horse entered. Battle King (a 50 rater; 46-1-1-2) will pick up $1500 for running last.

Battle King picked up $13500 for finishing 3rd in it last year as a 52 rater.
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    I missed that. May not run last after all. 
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

RIO said:

H-BOMBER said:

Takes a few years to build up distance horses. Think it is only its second running and last year it was a late programming change - could be wrong and am sure someone will correct me if i am.

The test for this race shoudl be in 5 or 6 years time. If they cant get a full field then, then maybe it is time to give up on distance racing in WA

I believe this race would be better suited being run on opening day at Belmont. It would would be a much fairer surface for horses expected to run out 2 miles. Ascot is like concrete. May as well race them up Matheson Rd....

H-BOMBER, frenc11 likes this post.

• ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    edited April 2017
    The programming of this race is wrong,it should be 10-14 days after Perth Cup.
    As for Battle King I think he will run in the last 3 with Blackwood
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

Righto Lads, Back on Track.

This thread is about our very own special PTT horse "The Kid".

Use are taking his moment in the sun away. 1000 metres was never going to be his go first up yesterday anyway, Looking for sharp improvement 2nd up.

spinking likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Well Zuboyne just bolted in at Kalgoorlie but under the rules of racing will be forced to retire in 5 weeks time. What a shame that this sound 12yo racing in great heart is forced to retire but that flea Wakaha Kid can race on for another 3 years  :-q

RIO, hash, jum, spinking, Lendmefifty likes this post.

You can thank racing administrators for making rules to appease activists.

The stupid part is, regardless of what rules you apply, the activists will never be satisfied.

RIO, jum, Rodent, spinking, Lendmefifty likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    I'm hoping they persevere with "The Kid" I hope he cracks the magical TON in race starts.
    ON the money Fastmoney. What the activists dont realize is that Zuboyne is most probaly relishing being in work around the enviroment that he obviously likes and loving it as he has done over the journey in his life. After 5 weeks time in a paddick possibly  by himself without the care and affection he is receiving now . might be to the detriment of this old warrior . Hopefully connections might in time find a role for him possibly as a clerk of course  or  depending on his temprement as someones hack who will show him the same care as has been afforded to him till now 

thefalcon, RIO, Rodent likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Hey Spink or anybody can you remember an old horse winning quite a few races in a row at Belmont Park many many years ago...and no not Sari Twig...this one goes back further...think his name was Althray Gold.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Zoboyne, has got a cheque in 9 of his last 10 starts.....and he is soon to be declared too old to race???? There just should be exemptions allowed. I thought they just had to be vet checked before every race once they turned 12????? And then not allowed to race once they turned 13!?!?!