G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 26 Non Members

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Crowds reduced due to Covid in Melbourne.
    Jockeys and trainers wearing masks due to Covid.
    No problem handing the SAME water bottle straight from Ollie’s lips to JMacs lips behind the barrier.
    Just a Covid oversight I would have thought.
    Mark Mcgoo would have abandoned the meeting if he saw that.
    @-)

Manchild likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    thefalcon said:

28 years since his first win in the oaks....absolutely amazing. has equalled george moores tally of 126 group 1 wins. he will smash it as he'll be riding for at least another 4-5 years...God willing.

i was thinking of how much the top jocks are earning...j. mac winning the cup...240 grand pops in, bowman winning the eagle just a trifle less.
    these boys must be multi, multi millionaires..in fact i'd say probably at least 75% of eastern states jocks would be millionaires. good on them, its a devil of a life riding in at least 6 meetings a week.

our boys have it easy as far as meetings go.
    remember jmac also got aroung 400K for winning the Everest

thefalcon likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    unreal isn't it tony?
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Ollie earnt 90+K Derby day and another 45K roughly yesty too..top jockeys would be loaded indeed and are well rewarded, deservedly so.
  • ManchildManchild    679 posts
    Then there is $200 per ride  J Mac & co x 20 per week  4 K before you ride a winner .

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.

some of our jocks get north of 15 rides a week...i think we are @200 a leg up so thats 2-3k a week without a placed ride..plus rides in weekly trials.
    no wonder some of 'em take it easy..
    X_X

Manchild likes this post.

Reckon there is an each way bet to nothing in R1 tomorrow at Flemington,
    Whilst i like the fav Hosier he is 1st up and into a skinny 1.95 now, Silent Sovereign who has had 1(very good)run back from a spell already looks money for jam to at least place with around 2.40 boosted available, with the other highly rated chance and 2nd fav being Equation and whilst you can't discount Jmac and Annabel Neasham it is shortish also on reputation maybe.
    SS had two good runs at Flemington over a mile last prep ran 4th both times(should have won 2nd up behind a good mare too in Quantum Mechanic), i like her chances quite a bit in this race.
    Plus she is a grey enuff said! 1 x 3 or to be sure of a more decent POT 1 x 4 i'm on like donkey kong.
    Love it when the Flemington "curse" strikes with the heavily backed and well and truly unders fav cracking bigtime..better if SS hangs on but a good start and box 1 for the day ticked.
    those max. fields make it hard for those intrepid enough to bet..i'll just have a bo-peep on the TV of races 6 and 8.
    somebody mumbled about a horse called Leiter in the last..
    :-??
    GREAT to see my boy Zaaki bounce back :x
    Had the odd dig(but rare)at Jmac, he is the best jockey maybe in the world and has filled my pockets the champion all carnival.
    anybody got a calculator to see how much he made in legit %ages?
    i reckon it would be +500k.
    At least 400K from 10 wins probably more at a guess, suppose they don't sling at this level ? BIG paperbags of money if they do...
    hey thunder check your in box...
    edited November 2021
    thefalcon said:

hey thunder check your in box...

i did AGAIN mate... and there are no messages in there??
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Nature Strip headed to Royal Ascot
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Jmac has ridden winners of $21.2 million so far this season. At the standard 5% that is just over $1 million for him without any slings
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    If I were to jag getting in a syndicate of a top liner and those running it decided to sling a JMac or Ollie or any of the others I’d be ropeable.  99% of Owners forking out their hard earned would be earning far less than these jocks and need it far more.  

Godolphin, Lloyd, Singo etc well if they still sling good on them

oldhendo, thefalcon likes this post.

edited November 2021
    Yeh i tend to agree and i dont reckon it happens a lot or at all at anymore at the top level..Going back a couple of years now but using Winx for example, Bowman was earning 300K/yr off Winx alone on average and over a period of 4 years.Waller's cut 600K on top of the overs for training her.

edited November 2021
    Looking to kick off with an early profit booster in Victoria again this weekend, You Ess Ess Are a first starter for Busuttin/Young could be that conveyance in R1 at Cranbourne.
    A wet track is a given but this filly is by Russian Revolution and he was a fair swimmer and multiple G1 winner who won a Galaxy on a heavy 10.Also won all 6 of his 1st up runs.
    Prebble on, i think she will be winning.

R2 Be careful with backing the toppie 60kgs and if its heavy, he may be a risk.

R3 Riduna looks another who should handle the conditions, also had no luck last start and should have finished 2nd behind a potential group 1 beast.Willo may be on a mission too and like race 2 this galloper gets 6kgs off the topple and early favourite.

April Rain a little later is a banker bet assuming he gets well overdue luck this time @D.Lane, skinny enough at around evens but we know what they say about a shortpriced winner.......
    April Rain is the banker. Go you good thing. [-O<

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Heavy 9 now track could be a worry if they get much rain during the day..but sticking with the tips,
    Top Ranked $5 i mentioned in the blackbookers for the Hunter race today at Newy has drawn perfectly in 6 with Jmac steering i like his chances, Lost in Running the solid elect 2.50 fav has drawn the carpark...

Heavy 9 now track could be a worry if they get much rain during the day..but sticking with the tips,

JFC it looks evil there right now..
    edited November 2021
    Likes milk  :-q  another reminder why i rarely bet on 2 yo's.
    detonator said:

April Rain is the banker. Go you good thing. [-O<

Weak !!!

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Top Ranked $5 i mentioned in the blackbookers for the Hunter race today at Newy has drawn perfectly in 6 with Jmac steering i like his chances, Lost in Running the solid elect 2.50 fav has drawn the carpark...

Watched Formline during the week and Dufficy went with Top Ranked purely on the talk and the hype about this horse for this race.
    The favourite deserves to win a big one based on previous runs.
    Be interesting watching I reckon.
    Didn't give up I gather mate? I did after race 2.Just now I wanted to back King Magnus in the main race, changed and instead backed the underpriced fav ....

Watched Formline during the week and Dufficy went with Top Ranked purely on the talk and the hype about this horse for this race.
    The favourite deserves to win a big one based on previous runs.
    Be interesting watching I reckon.

Good run, winner was too good but the Neasham galloper will be a goodun I think

detonator likes this post.

Didn't give up I gather mate? I did after race 2.Just now I wanted to back King Magnus in the main race, changed and instead backed the underpriced fav ....

Never give up. Haha
    I watched the King Magnus race without having a bet. Focussed on Our Playboy as that was the spruik horse. It never looked likely the whole race and was surprised it finished so close. Was under pressure from the moment they jumped. Strange run.