G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 14 Non Members

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,375 posts

Looking forward to Blanc de Blanc's return at Caulfield in a very winnable R10, plus the first Group 1 of 2024 on Saturday.
    Am a big Veight fan both cars and the horse wonder if he has made enough improvement to give the champ a real good run in the Orr.His first up win was far better than the narrow margin projected.

Exactly my thoughts too TS. Great minds. Not sure that is a good thing though. Haha.
    I like Bodyguard today.
    Good luck.
  • PCPC    2,220 posts

10th G1 for Jamie Kah also.

Jamie Kah's G1 Wins

2019 Aus Cup - Harlem
    2019 Makybe Diva Stakes - Gatting
    2020 Toorak Handicap - Mr Quickie
    2021 Lightning - Nature Strip
    2021 Doncaster Hcp - Cascadian
    2021 Kingsford-Smith Cup - Vega One
    2022 Moir Stakes - Coolangatta
    2022 VRC Champions Stakes - Zaaki
    2023 Lightning - Coolangatta
    2024 Blue Diamond - Hayasugi

Manchild likes this post.

• Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    511 posts
    Her 2nd G1 was best
  • thefalconthefalcon    20,063 posts
    ^ i wonder what the boys slung her...or maybe she slung the boys... :-\"
  • detonatordetonator    4,375 posts
    Her ride on Ayrton could have been better. Could have got off the fence at the 400m. Stayed put and that was all she wrote. Maybe still spooked by her fall last year.
    parnhams 2 failed miserably. how he thinks he can go over there at carnival time and lock horns with elite gr1 & 2 horses is beyond belief.
    it could have dire affects on the 2 horses.
    they both went poorly didnt they
  • ManchildManchild    740 posts
    If you look at the 3 yo , the horse missed the kick & Steve gave it a kick in the guts.
    End result  it over raced but when you take that into account ,I thought it went well.

savethegame likes this post.

so you thought "it went well"?
    well i, and many others reckon it went like a busted a*se.

• ManchildManchild    740 posts
    Thats my read of it Falc.

savethegame likes this post.

fair enough, mate.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,696 posts
    Special SPECIAL win in the Newmarket for Jamie Kah who is on pharking fire and well and truly back baby!

Dedications to the late great Dean Holland well deserved and not many dry eyes at Flemington post race, these are moments why racing is great.

oldhendo, thefalcon, JimmyPop, Manchild, jum likes this post.

yes ms. kah would be nearing the multi stage of her earnings.
    melham has his old fella in a till....
    =))

Thunderstruck, JimmyPop likes this post.

• Precision1Precision1    548 posts
    Jamie Kah photos with Dean Hollands kids after the Win yesterday are so special and higlight how important she is for the industry!

Mysoginistic comments from dinosaurs not withstanding………

Falcon your problem with her is she is apparantly permiscuosus.  Be a man and explain why it’s ok for a bloke to be that way inclined but not a women?  

Bang a bloke on the head and his pants come down?  That’s ok I assume, probably the women’s fault anyway.  
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Who would pay Michael Poy to go to Adelaide for a ride in the cup on a 501 shot ?????
  • tonytony    2,388 posts
    They must have known something good run for third

RIO likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,857 posts
    Had won twice on it previously

thefalcon, RIO likes this post.

Precision1, i have no idea why you've singled me out for certain comments. i'd get my facts straight if i were you.

just watched the adelaide cup....2 miles. are we here in perth the only capital city whos cup is not 2 miles...3200m?
    after about 150 years some goofs decided it was too hot on jan 1....bloody hell!!

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    tony said:

They must have known something good run for third

Freely admit I just backed it because of Poy going over for the 1 ride.

Backed it to place and picked up half the tri and half the first 4. Very happy Chappy!!

thefalcon, oldhendo, Manchild likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,803 posts
    Good on Harry Coffee riding extremly well at the moment. Young fella also suffers from i think may be wrong but Cystic fibrosis springs to mind. Also as pointed out J.Kah also on fire 

oldhendo, RIO likes this post.

yes spinking, cystic fibrosis was mentioned post race.

he wasn't staying for celebrations, he and yendall were hopping into a small plane back to horsham. harry was not too happy about the flight.
  • BushbookieBushbookie    133 posts
    Anyone got any clue what the Tabcorp CEO said to a employee that he was forced to resign . Must have been at the extreme end .
     "put ya laughing gear around this"........ :D

Bushbookie, Manchild likes this post.

• BushbookieBushbookie    133 posts
    Bloke was on good coin , 2 Goannas a year to run Tabcorp . Christ can anyone think of any new gambling inovation this bloke has introduced during his term at the top .
    edited March 18
    https://www.racenet.com.au/news/jockey-craig-williams-is-at-risk-of-losing-the-ride-on-mr-brightside-in-2024-australian-cup-20240317

Owners cant cop the fact that there was a horse better on the day.
    Yes, it stings, but its nobodies fault.
    Now they wanna replace the jockey. Pathetic in my view. Learn to lose with grace, you will be better for it.

I think the boys are being too kind putting it to a vote….. i wonder what bart or john hawkes would say to these owners????

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,696 posts
    edited March 21
    Few grandstand jockey owners about Vince it all got sorted he stays on after a successfu "vote".Ben Hayes I think was initially critical but changed his tune.

On Saturday, Storm Boy must be one of if not the best Slipper bets I have ever seen.Only bad luck can beat him imo but as he will likely sit just behind two stablemate pacemakers(but still good quality 2yos), Moore can just smoke the pipe get a split with 200 odd to go and put them away.

You could make a strong case the Imperatriz/Storm Boy multi is a huge chance of saluting too.She will be suited by a fast pace(suppose Cylinder will too but how many pairs back on the fence will he be?)Bosson just has to grab the back of the right one and launch 300 or so out.

• PCPC    2,220 posts
    edited March 23
    First Impressionist, First up in Australia, wins the Listed Manion Cup at 2400m. Those second/third tier stayers from Europe getting the job done again it seems in Australia.

• PCPC    2,220 posts
    Via Sistina, also first up in Australia, wins the G1 Ranvet Stakes.

• jumjum    3,527 posts
    PC said:

First Impressionist, First up in Australia, wins the Listed Manion Cup at 2400m. Those second/third tier stayers from Europe getting the job done again it seems in Australia.

I'm not sure about 2nd or 3rd raters. Owner paid a combined $12million for the quinella in the Ranvet at the sales some 6 months ago.

thefalcon, savethegame, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,803 posts
    What do forumites think lot 391 will go for at Inglis Easter sale Monday?