In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 16 Non Members

Eastern States Racing

East Coast Racing

Comments

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Lloydie off to a flyer at the Sunshine Coast today, later i like one at ew odds..
    R6 Machu Picchu.The 2.45 favourite My Girl Hayley looks unders and is a fair risk at 1400 plus Machu gets in with 6.5 less than her, the 1 and 2 look bigger dangers imo.
    Just rode his 3rd winner at $10 rolling the odds on fav..that's 3/3 today!
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Boom Time: race 8 at Moonee Valley. Go the West Aussie

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited August 2017
    Pariah was 2.80 for quite some time...that was generous :x
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    The ride was simply sensational. Never went an extra yard and never lost momentum. I'm sure he would like to bottle that up every week in the big ones.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited August 2017

Pariah was 2.80 for quite some time...that was generous :x

2.90 in some places ;)   I thought it was a heck of a run behind Winx in that trial. Happy Clapper(navy silks)was just as good if not better though :)]

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I was that close to backing Pariah heavily for the Golden Rose at $14 before Saturday and chickened out. Now $6 fav
    Mildura Race 1 Written on Rock $11
    H-BOMBER said:

Mildura Race 1 Written on Rock $11

Quin with 5 the leg in from 7/9.
    Bunch of meows....
    Well played Weir stable, well played =D>

When the stablemate (who opened 1.80) came out at the barrier I just knew what the result was going to be.
    The 7 was brave, 5 looked the winner but was weak late and god knows where the kid got those riding instructions on the 9 horse [-X
    Memsie should be a cracker tomorrow, Bart is to undergo a vets inspection tomorrow after Weir advised that a bar plate is to be fitted his near side hind leg.Hmmm what do we think about Vega Magic at 2.40? Imo Should go close but i dont mind Le Romain ew and im curious to see where I Am A Star finishes.Hey Doc was very good first up too.

And in Sydney that handy mare Winx goes around and will notch her 19th straight win..i rarely play quads but i might have a crack at Randwick.Will go quite skinny 3x2 in the first 2 legs with Winx and Washington Heights one out in the last two.May even just go Ecuador one out in r7 too for a $3 per unit cost.

Plenty of other decent races at both tracks too.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    I like your way of thinking in the sydney QD 
    Keen on Ecuador aswell but Tom Melbourne (the bookies pal) should go in as a bit of insurance I think as it was a moral beaten last start
    and I don't mind Rocket Commander in the last along with WH, 3rd up and ready to win, is on a similar path as last prep when it came to Randwick in March and won 3rd up after two quiet runs leading into it, no pace in the race so Tim Clark should have her sitting handy and given a soft run
  • PCPC    2,190 posts

At Caulfield today

R6: G3 The Heath (1100m hcp)

* Sheidel

R7: G1 Memsie Stakes (1400m wfa)

* Black Heart Bart

* Vega Magic

R9: Open Handicap (1400m hcp)

* Chocolate Holic

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    an eachway all up on all 3 and I reckon you'd be collecting...

PC you've forgotten Parnham's two - Vital Importance and Malibu Style.... what's doin mate 
    hash said:

I like your way of thinking in the sydney QD 

Keen on Ecuador aswell but Tom Melbourne (the bookies pal) should go in as a bit of insurance I think as it was a moral beaten last start
    and I don't mind Rocket Commander in the last along with WH, 3rd up and ready to win, is on a similar path as last prep when it came to Randwick in March and won 3rd up after two quiet runs leading into it, no pace in the race so Tim Clark should have her sitting handy and given a soft run

Yes i got the race numbers arce about r7 is Winx r8 Ecuador.Tom is query at 1400 again imo and agree RC is a danger but am gambling WH wont have bad luck again.
    R6 ill take the 3 favs and am tempted to throw in my BBooker Whispered Secret who is a sneaky chance first up, she could be pretty good.

hash likes this post.

Invincible Gem looks the main danger to Ecuador i reckon.
    edited September 2017

Invincible Gem looks the main danger to Ecuador i reckon.

I thought Happy Clapper/Invincible Gem were the ones in that race. Ecuador obviously has the Winx formline and being an on pacer there's obvious appeal. Happy Clapper is a Villiers winner and runner up in the Doncaster two years running. The Epsom is the main aim though and this horse has a history tapering off so the concern is whether he's carrying condition or he's ready to roll first up. If i knew he was primed I'd have no hesitation backing him.

hash likes this post.

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    So Si Bon and Hay Doc to both follow up brilliant first up runs with big performances today.
    Im wary of HC for sure but will risk him first up, also a bit wary that Ecuador is now an 8yo but he was brave 1st up and is suited with 55.

Have to take a punt tho it will likely be a very skinny div with Winx in one leg and probable favoured runners featuring in leg 1.Any more than $8 per unit wont be worth it imo.
    So for me 3 or 4 picks 1st leg, Winx, Ecuador and the fav and maybe RC in the last leg(Or go 1 out WH in the last and take 2 horses in leg 3).

Ok enough quaddie talk from me.
  • Hadn't really thought about it until today but how big a win is it for racing and the Spring Carnival to have a week off from footy for the first Saturday of Spring? Not sure about everyone else but I have literally put the footy on the back burner and have thought about horses only. Big win for the gallops I would've thought?

hash, Thunderstruck likes this post.

@Thunderstruck Is a quaddie really worth it if there's two odds on pops that everyone will include? It's really only going to be lucrative it Winx gets rolled.

Hadn't really thought about it until today but how big a win is it for racing and the Spring Carnival to have a week off from footy for the first Saturday of Spring? Not sure about everyone else but I have literally put the footy on the back burner and have thought about horses only. Big win for the gallops I would've thought?

Week off? NRL is on today :-/ >:D<

@Thunderstruck Is a quaddie really worth it if there's two odds on pops that everyone will include? It's really only going to be lucrative it Winx gets rolled.

Probably not may only pay idk 30 odd bucks if the two shorties win and the other favoured ones figure.Just for an interest really as in at least two of the races i wont be betting win/pl so ill have a go.

Probably not may only pay idk 30 odd bucks if the two shorties win and the other favoured ones figure.Just for an interest really as in at least two of the races i wont be betting win/pl so ill have a go.
    I backed Washington Heights last start and it arguably should have won-although Tom Melbourne was dreadfully unlucky also. From a quaddie perspective,  WH is obviously more likely to get beat than Winx but that race has just 8 starters after scratchings.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    hash said:

an eachway all up on all 3 and I reckon you'd be collecting...

PC you've forgotten Parnham's two - Vital Importance and Malibu Style.... what's doin mate 

I also forgot HE OR SHE as well
    WH was desperately unlucky..has drifted to 2.10 atm smaller field definitely helps...no way would i launch into him win bet wise.RC and the 10,11 are in commission too at around $4.8/5..
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, I think WH's price is partly due to the bad luck/bad ride he copped last start. Just because he arguably should have won that race though does not mean he's automatically over the line in a totally different one. Will still likely get back and from the inside draw things may get dicey. Can't see Winx getting rolled today though. I thought she was vulnerable last start and if that run has any effect we'll see it later on in her prep imo.