G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 18 Non Members

Eastern States Racing

East Coast Racing

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    i'm hearing ya mate, even the best shitme when they don't do what i want/expect lol.
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Don't understand why you would put M. Poy on Fabergino while D.Oliver is sitting in the jocks room watching the race on TV

paraletic likes this post.

• goosegoose    1,628 posts
    What was he doing flying solo out there? definitely cost it running a place IMO not sure where they go from here not nominated for the Oakleigh Plate.
    Yep cost me the tri, should have beat Swats That home.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    spinking said:

Don't understand why you would put M. Poy on Fabergino while D.Oliver is sitting in the jocks room watching the race on TV

Easy to say after the race but im guilty of thinking the exact same thing!! A mate of mine had a bet on Fab (early thursday) and once i saw the jockey booking on Sat i told him to rip the ticket up.

D Oliver should have been a shoe in to get the ride!

spinking likes this post.

Arcadia Queen not in the market anymore for the Australian Cup? Would have thought this was her race after the Mackinnon Stakes effort strange one if they are relying on Regal Power to bounce back big call.
    Race is 7 days before the All Star Mile it probably would hinder her a bit back to a mile at the Valley on a short back up??

thefalcon likes this post.

Yer that must be the issue personally couldn't back her in that over at a mile at the Valley would have thought Regal Power the better option in that race after his effort last year.
    I actually likes Homesman at first look at the market after his effort leading in the Crystal Mile Cox Plate day could repeat at odds.
    Well, if she gets the right run she will be strong as late..plus it's status is alright and the $$$$ are big, another group 1 @ 2000m is getting a bit "old" for her now anyway.Queen Elizabeth will be her grand final all things being equal.
    Futurity this Sat us a beauty

Behemoth
    Arcadia Queen
    Probabeel
    Ole Kirk

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    MR 9 Steel Prince
    Beaten but not disgraced Perfect Jewel, Pikey breezing made the race for the winner however.
    Probabeel wow just too good at 1400 but Arcadia Queen look out what a prep she has I'm front of her.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Artorius - nice win
    Aegon the kiwi sure is a star ;)

Manchild likes this post.

• BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Nice run Celebrity Queen,hasn’t missed place for a year,still not sure how Peter Hall didn’t get 6 months to life for that ride a year ago
    She is a gun Paradee maybe...a future group 1 winner..in fact I will say definitely.

Celebrity Queen went good they would be happy with a half divvy I'm sure.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    A good day for WA racing with Celebrity Jewel winning the G1 Oakleigh Plate and becoming the first WA horse since Sheidel to win the race in 2017.

In fact 2017 Blue Diamond Stakes day at Caulfield was a terrific day for WA horses with the following winners:

Boom Time: Listed Mornington Cup Prelude
    Black Heart Bart: G1 Futurity Stakes
    Shiedel: G1 Oakleigh Plate
    Silent Sedition: G3 Mannerism Stakes

Plus Ellicazoom placed in race 4 (G2 Angus Armanasco Stakes) and Miss Rose Delago placed in race 9 (G3 Mannerism Stakes).

Real Love also ran at Caulfield that day too.

Below is link:

https://racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/Meeting.aspx?meetcode=NTI0MTQ3NzA2MA==#Race1

Finally, other WA horses to win the Oakleigh Plate in the past 25 years:

Celebrity Queen - 2021

Shiedel - 2017

Singing The Blues - 1998
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    3 big ticks for the Peters runners today and one big flop.  What do we make of Regal Power?  I’d be inclined to retire him, I know Bob treats it as a business and often sells his geldings but surely there’s some sentimentality to have this bloke in the top paddock for the rest of his days?  

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    yes, but give him one more start, that maybe was just a one-outer. be interesting to hear pikes assessment.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Alana said today that they were disappointed but unless they found something wrong this week they hioped he would be OK for next start
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts

3 big ticks for the Peters runners today and one big flop.  What do we make of Regal Power?  I’d be inclined to retire him, I know Bob treats it as a business and often sells his geldings but surely there’s some sentimentality to have this bloke in the top paddock for the rest of his days?  

It trialled like tarzan and raced like jane... i think he is done.
    oh ye of little faith..... [-X one bad run and he's in the sin bin....
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Has to be nearly on skid row. Nearly 12 months since his last creditable performance, lung infection last time around was the reason for loss of form----just maybe the after effects is  detracting from  him giving maximum effort----the next run will answer all.
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Interesting interview with Bob today with Gareth Hall, was put to him going back to the scene of the last race that brought him pain could that have played a part.  He didn’t discount it, plus thinks he needs to be outside of horses. Maybe clutching but Worth one more chance. Probably will be $30 so even be worth having $5 on just in case he can turn it around

H-BOMBER, thefalcon likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Was keeping my powder dry to back Hungry Heart in the Surround on Saturday.
    Drawing 17 of 17 suggests the powder will stay dry just a bit longer.
    :-h

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    Bob not happy with blood test results so Regal Power is coming back to WA for a few weeks back in the paddock.

Jamie Kah did a sterling job there getting the somewhat untractable non winner Rebel Racer home in R6 first, bless her.
    I think Forbes was mooted as a Golden Slipper chance?? Until 2 minutes ago

=))
    probably not the right topic but where are Bobs 2...windstorm and superstorm?
  • ManchildManchild    679 posts
    Paddock, I think falcon