G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 9 Non Members

Eastern States Racing

East Coast Racing

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Pikey to get a split late on Masked Crusader and win the Feature at the valley?...the inside section is quick. 
    edited March 2021
    BANG BANG  =D> :x your a champ William.Wayne Hawkes will wanna kiss him REALLY.

Got $8.50 as well...
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    put ya foot on it..don't knock it off...take the misses out for a hungry jacks.. :!!
    Rosehill postponed.
    Bummer that but not surprising, a reschedule date tba later today.

Quiet day now with just an average Mornington card think Eagle Farm is very wet also.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Always NZ Thunder????
    Have u got any 19 buck winners this week? :D

Hardly looked tbh have a shorty I backed all in for the OAKS other than that have not considered the support races at all bar maybe Bonham in the Guineas? Richards pair may be hard to beat but she beat Brando in Jan and the toppie has drawn the outside gate..dunno?
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    I like Bonham too but Brando never got the rub of the green last time they met.

I like a few but they are shortish.

I’ve followed Little Belle all prep and is EW again today in R3 at Tauranga.

At Trentham (a track I don’t seem to do well at) I’ll be following Packing Joy, Belt Road, Waisake, Coventina Bay and my roughie for the day is Rock n Affair in the sprint . Hopefully will take a sit today,

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited March 2021
    Designer Chef (Morphettville) the gift that just keeps on giving :x
    Amarelinha at Trentham, what a beaut filly, wonder if they will venture to Aus
    A double to the Wizard, on fire the great one.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Would be surprised if she does not come for the AJC Oaks

A double to the Wizard, on fire the great one.

it's a clinic for the wiz  :x 3 peat today and another feature..Wayne will try n hump him i reckon  :))
    tony said:

Having said that just seen a tweet suggesting if the wet weather continues for the next 3 weeks she might be unlikely to run.
    edited March 2021
    4!!!!!  ^:)^ but wasn't on Rod..bugger.

Ancestry weak as, although the other DH on Sirius Suspect fugged his chances and ran near last the cheat.
    tony said:

tony said:

Having said that just seen a tweet suggesting if the wet weather continues for the next 3 weeks she might be unlikely to run.
    yep, don't think really wet is her preference.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    You don’t see Pikey ride one “wire to wire” in a distance race too often like he did on Mount Popa yesterday.
    Just goes to show he has more strings to his bow.
    But having said that the horse was a class above and could have won from anywhere.
    Still in awe of his win in the William Reid. That was explosive by horse and rider.
    Not a fan of Moonee Valley but when s*** like that happens the amphitheater would be buzzing. 
    =D>

thefalcon, Thunderstruck likes this post.

same here Det crowd were going off for willy(that sounds wrong but you know what i mean), that was one of the wins of the year easily and the call from Matty HIll too..
    Wizard Of The West is such a cool nickname.
    Hawkesy is a bit of a boofhead which is why i like him too and what a team they are love backing that combo it's lethal.

detonator likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I know Pikey is content in WA but if he keeps this up Bob might have to stump up for more if he's paying a retention fee.....the more success he has the more chance some sort of offer will come his way....everyone has a price!

Just love watching him dominate over that way. In the beginning he had plenty of knockers throwing pies at him. They are only too quiet now.

thefalcon likes this post.

true bomber but i think he is a country boy at heart. he's happy to do his job, return to his farmlet with his lady and his kiddies.
    i don't think we realize how bloody cut throat it is on the east coast, that pressure could knock him around...not to mention the weather and the 7 days of racing.
    forgot to add, he's probably content just to fly over for the spring and autumn carnivals....forget sydney, those bas*ards would put a contract out on him....
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Spoken like a true West Australian Falc
    had 13 yrs in sydney, hendo so i think i know what i'm talking about....those hoops in sydney would take wheat off a blind chook...
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Yes, some of the best jocks in the country, very competitive.
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Every gallop meeting in the country abandoned today because of the weather. I wonder if that has ever happened?
    edited March 2021
    At least Rosehill will be a goer Saturday and a Soft track possible.

It is diabolical the amount of rain they get over east at times in one deluge or days of it, feel for those poor people who lost everything..the world is just shizz sometimes.

The_Bull, thefalcon likes this post.

i have friends in sydney who have never seen anything like it.
    i lived there for 13yrs and while feb./march were shi*s of months with high humidity and rain...but nothing like this.
    cop the overflow on warragamba dam..so many sydney harbours a day...unbeleivable..
    rodent, whats the chances of racing on saturday?

Fine the rest of the week in Sydney Falc as far as i know..definitely will race maybe even on a soft 7 track , Arcadia Queen will run there too..they need to prime her for the Queen Elizabeth 2000m race only 3 weeks away!!
    AQ not this week. Jmac has been engaged for the Emancipation the following week and I think the QE
    ahh ok earlier article i read indicated she might, will be stuffed if more weather hits next week guess they may have looked into that.
    Queen Elizabeth is off the agenda too what a bummer, oh well hope she nabs one of the 2 1600m races she is set to contest.