In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 12 Non Members

Comments

• ManchildManchild    679 posts
    I thought  the fishing show was on 6pr at 5 am Saturdays
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    TheDiva said:

I remember my nana had a pull chain toilet!

One of the greatest posts ever.
  • goosegoose    1,628 posts
    JayJay said:

Haha Chariots, no not at all, just very lightweight. I prefer serious participants with a depth of knowledge and background, not fairy floss. Say what you like about George but the homework and background knowledge was always second to none. Butler tries hard to be the comedian, everybodies pal and some of his interviews with heavyweights on 7's free to air coverage of the past 3 Ascot meetings were diabolically cringeworthy. Suits some but not for me, nothing personal, probably a ripping bloke but not even approaching any expertise.

Harsh JayJay as entertaining as he was George never would have lasted 2 years in this day and age the whole world revolves around bum kissing if you dont play the game it quickly gets political as sickening as it is for some.
    Digby and Butler are good listening too imo a couple of the others still have work to do.
    Is Gareth on extended leave?
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Gareth moved to Melbourne a few monthe ago

JimmyPop likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    lucky us... ;))

razor likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    It's easy to listen to, I mean they are not Nobel Laureates and for the most part they are not going to say anything of controversy, but taking betting information verbatim is simply foolish.
    the whole bloody lot of them are gagged, unable to express one controversial point...no matter how meek. cannot call them "gutless" as they have to save their jobs.

curmudgeon, RIO, oldhendo, Manchild, Chelsea likes this post.

As from Monday Sports Daily will be hosted each weekday morning by Tim Walker and Digby Beacham.
    tony said:

As from Monday Sports Daily will be hosted each weekday morning by Tim Walker and Digby Beacham.

Didn't someone predict that they would be cost cutting by having lesser known hosts ?
  • razorrazor    205 posts
    with no steve butler i might give it listen again

JayJay, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    I miss Gareth.......there I said it. ^:)^

Chris, Bobcat likes this post.

never heard of messrs. walker and beacham….
    whats their backgrounds..?
    Tim has been "filling in" since Gareth left, He produced the show for a couple of years when Gareth was there and has been doing a fair bit for RWWA on the net. Seems keen and doing a reasonable job.

Digby has been co host on Mondays (and in my opinion is the best of the co hosts) and was deputy sports editor of the West until he resigned a couplf of weeks ago presumably to take this gig.

Gilgamesh, Redhanded likes this post.

tony said:

Tim has been "filling in" since Gareth left, He produced the show for a couple of years when Gareth was there and has been doing a fair bit for RWWA on the net. Seems keen and doing a reasonable job.

Digby has been co host on Mondays (and in my opinion is the best of the co hosts) and was deputy sports editor of the West until he resigned a couplf of weeks ago presumably to take this gig.
    Hopefully management drum into these two not to talk over the top of each other. That has been a major problem with this show over the past few years, Talking over the top of guests and each other is so annoying.

detonator likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited January 2020
    Hopefully they can actually discuss the hard issues without having to tip toe around them but I highly doubt it.

I refused to listen anymore after they pussy footed around the 2016 Kingston Town debacle, scared to ask any real questions.

thefalcon likes this post.

dream on, jell. the poor buggers would be gagged and I would not mind betting steve woolfe is a no-no and banned.

Manchild likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Wolfey still makes regular appearances on the show when he has a decent team leading into a Saturday meeting etc
    Speaking of on air personalities, has Marty Young parted ways with Craig Thompson ?
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Isn’t he the racing manager for one of our leading stables here
    edited January 2020
    He certaily was racing manager for LS last I heard and referred to the stable as "us" or "we" when filling in on radio prior to Christmas
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    JimmyPop said:

tony said:

Hopefully management drum into these two not to talk over the top of each other. That has been a major problem with this show over the past few years, Talking over the top of guests and each other is so annoying.

Talking over the top is my pet hate too. Steve Butler and DMac are the kings at it.

Which is one of the reasons I will not miss either of those 2
    tony said:

Which is one of the reasons I will not miss either of those 2

So will they only have guest or stand in roles from here on ?
    Judging from what Wes Cameron said the other day Butler will have some "bit parts" apparently,

Nothing was said about Macca but presume he would get involved with meeting previews.

No idea who would fill in if Digby or Tim are away
    I wonder if the entire concept of 'racing radio' will exist once the WA TAB is sold.

I think I heard Burt say a few months ago that the radio would remain with RWWA and not be psrt of the sale.
    We shall see if that is what happens

tony said:

detonator said:

JimmyPop said:

tony said:

Talking over the top is my pet hate too. Steve Butler and DMac are the kings at it.
    Great start.

tony likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,715 posts
    You may as well not have guests on when Macca was on, would ask the question then answer for them!

tony likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

You may as well not have guests on when Macca was on, would ask the question then answer for them!

Few years ago when he had J.Tapp on .  Tappy mentioned Mount Eden was the greatest horse to come out of w.a. a deadset-freak.  Within two seconds macca  took over with his Persian version of Mount Eden how he was there when he started racing at Kalg. in 69. and his deeds. great memory he was born 63.

JimmyPop, Gilgamesh, spinking likes this post.