Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members

AFL 2016 Trade Week / AFL 2017

Sport

Comments

• PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    silky said:

Tom Mitchell now signed with the Hawks

Hawthorn and Sydney have signed an "ín-principle" deal. Hawthorn will give up pick 14 and the two teams will exchange lower-round draft picks (to be formally finalised next week).

Also, Collingwood have officially made an offer to unrestricted free agent, Chris Mayne. Fremantle receive a second-round compensation pick (currently pick 23).
    PAUL said:

Fremantle receive a second-round compensation pick (currently pick 23).

Which they have traded to Hawthorn in exchange for Bradley Hill.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I still cant believe Chris Mayne is getting a deal. He just won the lotto!

JayJay, hash, Jordan, PAUL, LuckyLongshots likes this post.

Jack Steele is now at St Kilda after they traded a future second-round draft pick to GWS.

Sam Mitchell is now an Eagle. West Coast also received picks 54 and 72. Hawthorn received picks 52, 70 and 88.

Bulldog Matthew Boyd has signed on for another season.
  • octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts

What no comment about Mitchell to Eagles for nothing??

Cant wait till the next Derby, Fyfe will be Kneeded real bad...

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Nothing ?
    I have no doubt there was plenty of $$$ involved.

Goldstein - Weagles............. North taking already. Season hasn't even started !
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    octavius said:

Cant wait till the next Derby, Fyfe will be Kneeded real bad...

Firstly because nobody gives a rats and secondly he still won a Brownlow after that filthy little grub kneed him last time so didn't really work did it at least he will add a bit of grunt to a very soft midfield but a very slow one also
    PAUL said:

silky said:

Tom Mitchell now signed with the Hawks

Hawthorn and Sydney have signed an "ín-principle" deal. Hawthorn will give up pick 14 and the two teams will exchange lower-round draft picks (to be formally finalised next week).
    The other Mitchell deal also finalised today. Sydney received picks 14 and 52. Hawks received pick 57 with Mitchell.

No other player deals done this week. Hawthorn and St Kilda exchanged some picks (Hawks get picks 10 & 68, St Kilda get picks 23, 36 & future first-round pick). Yesterday, Brisbane and GWS exchanged some picks (Brisbane get picks 3 and 16, GWS get picks 2, 31, 51 and 60).
    edited October 2016
    octavius said:

Effectively got him with just a net fifth-round pick (currently pick 88). Comparable in net value to the deal GWS did with Geelong at the end of last year to get Steve Johnson (a future fifth-round draft pick, currently pick 91 in this year's draft).

Gilgamesh likes this post.

and a heap of cash
    Tivers said:

and a heap of cash

The salary cap is there to be used. He will be on a rolling 1 year contract which means his contract is of little relevance, I believe Hawks are also paying some of his contract and no doubt it is being subsidised with the coaching role thereafter.

It is a free hit at a genuine star.

Nathan Brown joins St Kilda as a restricted free agent after Collingwood elects not to match their offer.
    octavius said:

Tivers said:

and a heap of cash

The salary cap is there to be used. He will be on a rolling 1 year contract which means his contract is of little relevance, I believe Hawks are also paying some of his contract and no doubt it is being subsidised with the coaching role thereafter.

Need more than him to win a flag I'm sorry to say
    dungy said:

octavius said:

Tivers said:

and a heap of cash

Would still rather Mitchell playing for us for 1 year than a career from Brad 'i'm a bigger front runner than my bro' Hill and Shane 'WAFL' Kerstens...

Jordan likes this post.

The only trade done so far today was Paul Ahern moving from GWS to North Melbourne in exchange for pick 69.
    edited October 2016
    Pearce Hanley off to the Gold Coast as part of a three-way trade with Brisbane and Port Adelaide.

Gold Coast also receive pick 67 from Port.
    Brisbane receives pick 22 from the Suns and Port's 1st-round future pick.
    Port receives pick 19 from Brisbane (which was the priority pick they requested from AFL) and pick 30 from the Suns.
    edited October 2016
    Jordan Lewis has been traded to Melbourne along with picks 57 and 68. Hawthorn get picks 48 and 66 in return.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

Wowee.

:-O

Hawthorn Have given away two club champions/legends and this years Fairest and Best winner and the runner up for absolutely FarrK all.

Tom Mitchell is a very handy player, in a Very good side. Jaegar O'Meara has played 2 halves of footy in 2 years.

This could be an absolute Mastermind.

Or the greatest Farrkup of all time.

:-??
    Cleared a lot of cap space.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    In a masterstroke... the kangaroos have picked up Paul Ahern from GWS.
    didnt play in 2016 after he did and ACL.
    reckons he wont play in 2017 either.

What a score!!!! 
    :-t

jum, VillageKid, RIO likes this post.

Joel Hamling has been traded to Fremantle along with picks 40 and 63. Western Bulldogs get picks 35, 43 and 61 in return. Effectively, for a net second-round pick.
  • rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    Rumour has it B.Gibbs to Adelaide for Pick 13 and McGovern!
    :-?
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    rooboy said:

Rumour has it B.Gibbs to Adelaide for Pick 13 and McGovern!
    :-?

Fu$& yeah... I'll take that

:-bd
    octavius said:

dungy said:

octavius said:

Tivers said:

and a heap of cash

Would still rather Mitchell playing for us for 1 year than a career from Brad 'i'm a bigger front runner than my bro' Hill and Shane 'WAFL' Kerstens...
    Or maybe Jack im a coward Darling playing for you lol lol 
    Michael Hibberd has been traded to Melbourne along with pick 59. Essendon get picks 29 and 68 in return.
    Dion Prestia has been traded to Richmond along with pick 24. Gold Coast get pick 6 and a 2nd-round future pick in return.
    So we essentially swapped Vickery (who was drafted at 7 or 8 ?) for Prestia - at no cost.
    Take that any day.

Or putting it another way - seeing as we can't be trusted with pick 6, better the devil you know (use it on a proven quality player).

jum likes this post.

Deledio and some cash to GWS for an early first round pick.
    edited October 2016
    Jimmy Bartel has announced his retirement after 305 games. 202 goals, 3 premierships and 1 brownlow medal.

RIO likes this post.

Written like that the Chas sounds like a token achievement