In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 39 Non Members

NRL 2017

Sport

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited June 2017
    Exactly my sentiments. Don't profess to know a lot about the game ( learning every tackle! ) but when saw him last year thought he was fantastic and a massive problem for my bet.
    He seems a good bloke too - laconic and laid back don't think too much would fluster him.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited June 2017
    Cartwright is an elite second row forward and he does have ball skills but playing in the halves, you're a lot more accountable for the team's fortunes. Moylan is a gun. I just wish my Raiders would do something similar i.e Rapana(best winger in the game) to fullback and Wighton to five eighth. Austin was very good today but the Raiders need to shake things up or their season is over.
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Oh Canberra :-S

Oh Canberra :-S

@-)
    edited June 2017
    Interested to get your thoughts on Game 2 @therealkramer...did NSW go into their shell ? Over defensive or is that taking too much away from a great fightback from the Banana Benders.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    N.S.W have a massive QLD phobia, due to years of torture. When you have Thurston,Cronk, Smith and Slater facing you, who can blame them.
    After the game you could see it in their eyes, they know the series is gone.

hash likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Boyd Cordner was nearly in tears while being interviewed after the game theh his reaction and body language in the change rooms after was indescribable.

Back up at Suncorp at full strength, providing Thurston gets there in one piece and recovers from that bung shoulder, it will be a non event

detonator likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    hash said:

Boyd Cordner was nearly in tears while being interviewed after the game theh his reaction and body language in the change rooms after was indescribable.

Back up at Suncorp at full strength, providing Thurston gets there in one piece and recovers from that bung shoulder, it will be a non event

Saw the Cordner interview. Not what you would like to see from your skipper when the series is still alive. Even the commentators seemed resigned to the inevitable. Lol
    edited June 2017
    16-6 after 30mins and then 0-12 for the remaining 50mins. How do you not score in the 2nd half?

Queensland gonna Queensland @Ridersonthestorm33

NSW have still been the better side this series but to lose in that fashion they've all but surrendered momentum. Game 3 should be a much better atmosphere up in QLD @hash

Ridersonthestorm33, hash likes this post.

edited June 2017
    More importantly Panthers into $1.75 to make the eight...just gone looking for that ticket and Raiders out to $2.15. Been a topsy turvy market on long term bets.
    edited June 2017
    Where has the improvement in Manly come from @therealkramer , they didn't find much against Penrith twice last year , getting run down once when leading clearly and the other time never in it.
    I couldn't take $2.15 about the Raiders. May as well back them every game cos that's what it's going to take for them to make it now. :-<
    edited June 2017
    @Ridersonthestorm33 It's probably a combination of a few things: players retiring(Matai, Lyon) some astute buys in Uate, Green and Walker and pressure on the coach to get results. Either way, they look finals bound.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

I couldn't take $2.15 about the Raiders. May as well back them every game cos that's what it's going to take for them to make it now. :-<

They're $1.65 favs and morals 
    Warriors should win tomorrow but you never know what to expect with those mugs
    Panthers will capitalize on the Cowboys without JT

What $7 the Broncos Hash ol mate =P~
    ?? you offering me $7 for brissy  :-??
    @trk...the Raiders harshest critic. But also means you are passionate about your team - and probably being realistic too.
    I don't know about that @Ridersonthestorm33. Didn't @BlacksAFake call my side a "low unit"?  =((

Ridersonthestorm33, BlacksAFake likes this post.

On a serious note, it will be interesting to see how the Raiders respond to that loss to Penrith. Darius Boyd picked up an injury(broken thumb) in Origin so he will be out. Milford is already out so there's a bit of play making gone. I just don't see anything from the Raiders at the moment that would make me want to back them. They are an 'in the run' bet only because, like the Golden State Warriors, they can score at will so falling behind early is never fatal.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Thurston gone for the season

Thurston gone for the season

What? He can't play with one good arm? :D
    Apparently not Kramer,although he did the other night :-?
    If you're the Cowboys you've got to be more than a little **** off. He clearly wasn't right after missing game 1. Comes back early and now the season is done. Maybe they knew he was unlikely anyway-they did pick up Te Maire Martin just a couple weeks ago from the Panthers :)]
    edited June 2017
    It's definitely the same shoulder(right) and the original prognosis back in early May was 8 weeks. Now he's going to need surgery. I guess that means the Raiders are a shot to make the 8 now?   :>

BlacksAFake likes this post.

Apparently they're morals tomorrow Kramer 8-X

therealkramer, hash likes this post.

And they'll be an even lower unit by 7pm  X_X =))

edited June 2017
    It's a must win. Especially if Penrith can beat the Cowboys in the afternoon game. You expect Nth Qld to be vulnerable going forward so I'd expect them to continue to slide whilst the Panthers are on the rise.

Raiders play the Cowboys in Canberra next week too.

hash likes this post.

Here come the Raiders B-) X(

therealkramer, hash likes this post.

Here come the Raiders B-) X(

Is this them?

https://twitter.com/camelizabeth01/status/877227890852724736