G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members

NRL 2017

Sport

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Easy with the benefit of hindsight but the value and team to get on last year and this year to miss the eight was the NZ Warriors...both years highly fancied but missed last season and looks unlikely again. Hot and cold team. They need a lot of luck to make it from here.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited June 2017
    That's a brave call. RTS, Foran, Johnson & Luke in the spine-literally a NZ test side spine. They have a history of under performing but I wouldn't fancy death riding that team. Didn't they beat Penrith in the last cpl weeks of last season after their own finals' hopes were dashed?
    They beat Penrith(20-16-Golden Point) & Gold Coast(24-14) back-to-back in rounds 21-22 then lost four on the trot(three games at home) to miss the finals by 4 pts.

v Souths 22-41(H)
    v Nth Qld 6-34(A)
    v Wests   24-36(H)
    v Parramatta 18-40(H)

• hashhash    7,495 posts

Apparently they're morals tomorrow Kramer 8-X

They've only got one player backing up from origin unlike brisbane (3), back on home turf in freezing conditions and a max temp of -3 that the broncos aren't used to THE GREEN MACHINE will reign  $-)

BlacksAFake likes this post.

hash said:

Apparently they're morals tomorrow Kramer 8-X

THE GREEN MACHINE will reign  $-)
    Don't tease me like that :-SS
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Very sad :(|)
    edited June 2017
    Yes your right @trk...they beat Penrith in NZ late in the year with about 4 or 5 games to go...was in golden point time and in the wet..gave me hope...but after that game Penrith went bang and the Warriors faded away. Warriors were definitely still a top eight chance after the win. Pretty sure Penrith then got out to better than $2 to make the eight...but then won something like their last four games.
    Nth Qld(Away) was the only tough game of the Warriors' last four-two of their rivals(Wests, Parramatta) were below them on the ladder and they went to NZ and came away with the W. That's unforgivable after you beat contenders(Titans & Panthers) back-to-back.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited June 2017
    The Cowboys are $1.85 to make the 8(Sportsbet) after being $1.40 earlier in the week. Parramatta are $1.67, the Raiders unmoved at $2.10. I don't even know if Panthers potentially winning today is good for Canberra. I expect North Queensland to go into free fall(maybe I'm being too negative) anyway, I wouldn't want Penrith getting too far into the distance. At this stage if the Raiders finish equal on points, their superior points differential is good enough to beat Parramatta for the last spot but do you really want to face an elimination game in week 1 against Storm/Roosters? 

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Oh this isn't looking good at all :o3
    Lower than a wogs lunchbox
    thankyou Canberra for ruining a great day, I would have been a clean sweep had they of won and to rub salt in I took their team total to go over 21  X( X(

never again!

BlacksAFake likes this post.

Junior Paulo and passing should never be used in the same sentence ~X(
    Did u fall into the Penrith Poofs too Hash?

hash likes this post.

Until they make changes @hash they're not going to compete with the better sides. Their attacking options in the opposition 20m are for ****

hash likes this post.

edited June 2017
    Penrith and Canberra all up win....at least they both lost :-j just knew I should have done a saver on the opposite.

BlacksAFake, hash likes this post.

@Ridersonthestorm33 They're an in the run bet only. They were out to $3.15 when they were down by 8. If they'd scored that in that final attacking set, it's double the odds they were before kick off.
    It was 4th v 10th/11th. The top 3 teams(Storm/Roosters/Sharks) are clearly better than the rest. The Raiders are about where they belong -fighting for the last play off spot.
    Think the Broncos are in the mix Kramer

Think the Broncos are in the mix Kramer

I think it could be a repeat of last year-Cronulla v Melbourne
    The rumour is that Austin and Leilua do not get on. Ditto Sezer and Hodgson. I'm not sure if there's any truth to this but Austin and Leilua are definitely not combining like they should be.
    any of you blokes give Manly a sneaky chance today, the +4.5 is just an added bit of insurance 
    On form they have to be Hash.
    Sharks been winning,but not convincingly.

hash likes this post.

edited June 2017
    @hash After the Storm lost in Adelaide last night, Cronulla(6-0) & Manly(5-0) are the only unbeaten sides away from home-although Manly did play a 'home' game in Brisbane(against the Broncos), which they lost. So I guess from a statistical point of view they are a sneaky chance. Sharks only 50% at home(4-4) also and how vulnerable they are depends on how their Origin reps pull up after Wednesday's game.

hash likes this post.

There's a video doing the rounds on twitter after Austin bombed a certain try by throwing a dummy and running himself when the Raiders had a massive overlap-it was either 3 on 1 or 3 on 0. Leilua scored shortly aftwards and according to lip readers in cyberspace appears to utter "**** greedy ****"...oh you'd better believe they have beef :)]
    Yes saw that play Kramer,was a bit bemused
    As I posted earlier, there's been whispers all is not well in the nation's capital(particularly between Austin/Leilua). If there's anything in that video that is legit, it probably explains why Ricky has persisted with the same line up for so long. Austin has to go if he deliberately avoided passing-bombing a certain try in the process. You would like to think they could sort things out like men or at least leave petty disputes off the field.
    It was a bit like Hayne the other night
    Hayne is a delicate genius though. He gets a pass mark.

Sea Eagles going ok

therealkramer, hash likes this post.