Who's Online

0 Members & 5 Non Members

Hoss Cartwright

East Coast Racing

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited January 2017
    paraletic said:

i would love to see the betting activity for this race. I wonder who close to this guy or his mrs backed the winner????

Murti(1st), was a drifting fav $3.5-$4
    Call Me Curtis(2nd) $5.50-4.4 and best backed. 
    Go The Journey(5th and copped the initial interference) $6-5.50

The obvious threat according to the money was the 2nd horse so whether it was a conscious effort to prevent whoever was likely to beat the winner as the race unfolded or whether there is any pre-existing beef between Cartwright and Poon, that will likely be revealed when the inquiry is finalsied. I guess one way or another he did it for 'Poon' 
    ;)

paraletic likes this post.

edited January 2017
    spinking said:

My apologies Kramer thought a bird of prey would have a lot better eyesight

I always assumed @thefalcon chose that moniker as a nod to his punting habits. He seems very particular about when he does decide to bet.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,744 posts
    therealkramer said:the irony of his initials, 'JC' has so far been unrecognised. I'm disappointed @SLIPPERGOLDEN   [-(

Kramer I thought you might be
    cross if I mentioned that irony before you did.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts

paraletic said:

I guess one way or another he did it for 'Poon' 

;)
    LOL
  • TorpedoPuntTorpedoPunt    1,891 posts
    edited January 2017

hash said:

Apparently he rode the winning horse in question last start (couldn't be too hard to find out) but he's jumped off it to let his Mrs ride it to victory while he takes another ride which ultimately is used to take out the competition

I was on the 4th horse. Nearly dropped my beer when I saw what happened, certainly cost it the race. Apparently in 2015 he tried to steal a whip off another rider during a race - absolute **** clown and should be rubbed out for life.
    The 4th horse, Vintage Grove? Its stable mate Go The Journey(5th) was the one out wide affected by the interference. That horse definitely should have won. Those on the inside had their chance imo, including runner up and best backed runner Call Me Curtis($5.50-$4.40), who was momentarily inconvenienced by Cartwight on turning for home, in what was nothing more than a racing incident.  If Josh had wanted to ruin that horse's chances he would have shifted in, not out. Whether the reports of an earlier disagreement had anything to do with his actions or he just saw the swooping horse as the main threat, I guess all will be revealed.
    Sorry Kramer I thought I ran 4th not 5th was on Go The Journey.

therealkramer likes this post.

hash said:

Apparently he rode the winning horse in question last start (couldn't be too hard to find out) but he's jumped off it to let his Mrs ride it to victory while he takes another ride which ultimately is used to take out the competition

I was on the 4th horse. Nearly dropped my beer when I saw what happened, certainly cost it the race. Apparently in 2015 he tried to steal a whip off another rider during a race - absolute **** clown and should be rubbed out for life.
    The 4th horse, Vintage Grove? Its stable mate Go The Journey(5th) was the one out wide affected by the interference. That horse definitely should have won. Those on the inside had their chance imo, including runner up and best backed runner Call Me Curtis($5.50-$4.40), who was momentarily inconvenienced by Cartwight on turning for home, in what was nothing more than a racing incident.  If Josh had wanted to ruin that horse's chances he would have shifted in, not out. Whether the reports of an earlier disagreement had anything to do with his actions or he just saw the swooping horse as the main threat, I guess all will be revealed.
    Sorry Kramer I thought I ran 4th not 5th was on Go The Journey.

I thought that may have been the case. I notice there's a bit of chatter on TBV forum about it whether the race should have been  declared void. This is what i thought watching the race live. The arguments being mounted against it are that jockeys would try it on when they know their mount can't win. I seriously doubt that. Josh Cartwright is going to get years, not months. He may even be rubbed out of the game for good. That's a big enough deterrent to quieten any thoughts of a repeat of those antics.

thefalcon likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,236 posts
    :-O
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Can't believe one of the jockeys didn't take to him in the jocks room he deserves a good kicking

Tucool, hash likes this post.

• LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    Brain fade or deliberate act (or a bit of both).....life suspension for mine!
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,744 posts
    edited January 2017
    The Sun newspaper in the UK true to form under the heading 'Field Flattened For Filly' naturally enough produce a bikini shot of the winning jockey Anna.

jpg
    jpg
    nintchdbpict000294808896.jpg

jum likes this post.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    If she was the one with the big melons, I'd have knocked half the field over too.

However, methinks she's the one with the little lemons. So not worth it.
    [-X ;)

paraletic, jum, lame likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

If she was the one with the big melons, I'd have knocked half the field over too.

However, methinks she's the one with the little lemons. So not worth it.
    [-X ;)
    Is that the one with her back to you in the picture Bookielover
    =))    =))  <:-P

hash, bookielover likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts

The jockey whose boyfriend steered his horse into the path of two rivals set to beat her in a bid to protect her lead during a weekend race has told friends, "I can win my own race."

Norwegian-born Anna Jordsjo, 21, is "not in a great place" after Josh Cartwright’s unprecedented move on South Australia’s Morphettville track on Saturday, which could see him facing a lengthy ban.

Jordsjo’s trainer Gordon Richards said his apprentice was "upset" and firmly believes she can win a race without her talented boyfriend’s help.

"She’s very upset, because he’s upset. She’s all for winning and if she has success that’s great but not at any cost," he said.

"She is not chuffed that her boyfriend did that in her favour, if he did do it (for that reason), because there are rules that have to be followed."

"I honestly don’t know what happened, or if I will be part of the inquiry. Until it (the inquiry) comes out I can’t say anything," she said.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/horse-racing/i-can-win-my-own-race-jockey-girlfriend-anna-jordsjo-ng-b88357385z

• tofarkennardtofarkennard    177 posts
    I know probably not as serious remember when Danny Adam lent over after the finish of a race n punched m.guthrie fair n square in the head !.
    Got 9 months I think !
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Thought he was being a hero instead he's a zero haha. No one likes a desperate man!
  • FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts
    Reminds me of some of the antics that used to go on with some hoops back in the 80s / 90s.
    Was it Mark Miller who got a few holidays for some rough house tactics?
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    The young lady had a fall at trackwork this morning, taken to hospital but soon released.
    edited January 2017
    oldhendo said:

The young lady had a fall at trackwork this morning, taken to hospital but soon released.

publicity stunt to take the attention off of old mate...?
    :-?

paraletic likes this post.

tofarkennard dislikes this post.

that was a joke btw!

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Mark Groover Miller certainly could ride Flanders , As a apprentice at Pinjarra I think it was lent over and grabbed the reigns of a horse Jimmy Taylor rode. And who could forget  the Starstruck protest think it was Alf Mathews who protested against him on Starstruck verdict upheld, To this day Groover reckons he elbowed him because Mathews hit him with his whip
  • bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    He could have killed two jockeys doing what he did. and according to yesterdays Herald Sun, he's got form by veering his horse inwards in another race.

He still hasn't called Holder or Poon to apologise.

I reckon he deserves life.
    edited January 2017
    oldhendo said:

Hopefully it was just one of those freak things and has nothing to do with her frame of mind right now. It was reported that her horse was spooked by a fox but it was also reported Josh Cartwright was involved in an altercation in the jockeys room sometime before Saturday's eventful final race. That claim is now being disputed.  It's not fair that she should be forced to stop riding because of what her boyfriend did but if her head isn't clear right now then stewards need to step in.

Josh Cartwright was involved in an altercation in the jockeys room sometime BEFORE Saturday's eventful final race............ WTF

I wonder if it had anything to do with the race and end result, probably a couple of jocks not wanting to co-operate or contribute to the "race"

where has it been reported that she has been forced to stop riding Kramer
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    hash said:

Josh Cartwright was involved in an altercation in the jockeys room sometime BEFORE Saturday's eventful final race............ WTF

I wonder if it had anything to do with the race and end result, probably a couple of jocks not wanting to co-operate or contribute to the "race"

Chairman of stewards said on radio in SA/QLD that there was no problem in the jockeys' room that day.

therealkramer likes this post.

edited January 2017
    spinking said:

where has it been reported that she has been forced to stop riding Kramer

It hasn't but it has been reported that she's struggling with the fallout from last Saturday and a few days later she falls off a horse. Do I need to connect the dots? 

If it's a stray fox and a pure accident, fine but if her head is elsewhere when it should be focused on the job at hand then she shouldn't be riding.

hash, oldhendo likes this post.

edited January 2017
    oldhendo said:

There's a mention of Scales Of Justice in this article too. It will miss the Autumn and be prepared for the Spring.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horseracing/anna-jordsjo-falls-during-trackwork-at-morphettville-20170118-gttjip.html
    Kramer I think you have connected the dots put 2+2 together and come up with 5  what you said above applies to everyone who walks out the door and goes to work this morning . What difference is there between her and lets say for example sake a bus driver with a bus load of passengers if there head is elsewhere they also should not be at work. Your post is belittling of this girls mindset at the moment . How many people fall of a horse at trackwork or for that matter any type of horse riding around Australia on any given day lots, but because this coincidentally happens to her  a few days after what we saw on the weekend you are somehow relating this to that incident. What amount of blame has been put on her for what happened Saturday none that I have seen reported anywhere as yet
    @spinking She was taken to hospital and stood down from riding and her condition is to be assessed for any lingering effects of concussion before she is cleared to ride Friday. You are right that we could not know what any jockey is thinking but we know what happened Saturday.
    We know she's been reported as struggling to cope with how it's affecting her boyfriend. Add to that the fact she's been implicated in what is being speculated on as a possible boat race and it's made worldwide headlines.

Remember she's still a 3kg apprentice. The stewards have a duty of care to ensure she or any jockey is of fit mind to ride in races. Craig Newitt should not have ridden after he was told of his dad's death half way through a race meeting . Most acknowledge it was a mistake to let him ride in that frame of mind.

It's not like a piece of equipment failed on her-it was a 'fox', apparently. That 'fox' is long gone. If it was witnessed then fair enough but it's a heck of a coincidence either way and the stewards are duty bound to ask questions.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited January 2017

So should the Cops be duty bound to go to her house and take a away her drivers license.

Because surely if her state of mind is that bad she shouldn't be able to drive her car  

:-j