0 Members & 30 Non Members

The Everest : $10mil 1200m race

East Coast Racing

Comments

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Its becoming a richard measuring contest

thefalcon likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,236 posts
    Exactly, its pathetic. 13 million dollar race cmon. 

thefalcon likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

Who won this years race :-?? .

:-j
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Redzel. Yeah throwing money away and i would prefer to see it spread around but at least we are talking about it.
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts

Why all the negativity. Bet if you had one good enough you wouldn't be saying what been said . At least being a sprint race the money is more than likely to stay in Australia

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Spot on spinking.
    Better it than the "internationals cup" i watched yesterday.
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Ha ha ha ha fire one back over to the Vics this is becoming who has the biggest knob competition
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    The Melbourne Cup has become over the last 40 years, irrelevant to breeding in Australia and as a result a race for Internationals. Being a race for Internationals, nobody here really cares for it that much other than the spectacle of once a year race goers and the ensuing party.

The Everest is just a corrupted race due to the strict invitational terms of getting a runner accepted.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited November 2017
    At least they are following through. The Railway was supposed to be a $5mil race by now. What happened to that? The inernationals will come-the ATC built a $3mil synthetic training track at Canterbury solely for this purpose. Carravagio just wasnt as good as his early promise suggested and Lady Aurelia probably wouldn't have been strong at 6 furlongs to make traveling worthwhile. But the ATC would have done everything to entice her. $13-$15millions means no one will see it as the lesser option ever again. Sydney wins. Again.

• ColdyColdy    1,720 posts

The Melbourne Cup is a channel seven extravaganza headed by Bruce who of cause is an expert of horses. Its all about the international coin that is brought into Australia and spotlights Melbourne as one the most liveable city in the world. I live 45 minutes aways from Melbourne be stuffed if I would want to go there traffic is just about worst in the world

:-t

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    agree coly, when I lived in Sydney I was always asked by mates to go down but never did.. could not think of anything worse unless up with the wa*kers in a swish joint.
    one year my mate ""Blondie" Armstrong collapsed on Oaks day..alcohol induced hepertitis (sic)..was off the grog for 2 years...