G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 15 Non Members

PTT's the next generation.

Harness & Greyhounds
With the luck all these first time greyhound owners are having on PTT I was wondering if any others would like to experience ownership?
I personnaly don't syndicate dogs or want to but I purchase very well bred pups to race and hopefully bred with later on.
I recently bought a Collision x Ritza Flare a repeat mating of the very good eastern state bitch Andrea Dora.
She's 4 weeks of age and will be bought to WA in a months time to be reared and trained by Racing Radios own Tim Mullany.
If a group of you want a go at first time ownership or a repeat drop me a msg.
It will not be a syndicated pup as such just a buy in at cost upfront to cover everything upto racing and remember there is NO costs once they are racing.
I encourage first time ownership so if your keen I can give you a cost and answer any questions. Like I said its at cost no profit taking or ongoings.
Enjoy the ride.
+1 -1

RIO, lame likes this post.

Comments

• jumjum    3,512 posts

I am Definitely interested CPL. But in a few months as I need to replenish the funds.

Our 3 year old Filly we purchased from Melbourne broke down Last week.

Only me and my dad were involved. Very expensive exercise.

Got some mates in greyhounds. (The STANGA) dogs that have been going around. They absolutely love it. So I am definitely keen down the track.

CPL, RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Can i just add all my weight to CPL and the way he helped us with Crash.....straight up and down and if you want an introduction to dogs.....get on board.

Best of luck guys...And from the PTT Crash dog - you've got Falcon having shares in one and we are up to number 3....A lot of fun for a lot less than a thoroughbred JUM.

jum likes this post.

• lamelame    1,757 posts
    Sent you a pm
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    first last and dog i got involved with years ago was a disaster!
    I worked with a bloke that breed them or more so had shares in several bitches.
    i  got a group of mates together and threw in around $400 each, we paid for a pup upfront and apparently got pick of the litter and the poor thing got bitten by a snake (apparently) 
    then months and months down the track, what do ya know, a dog with the exact same breeding as ours is out at cannington and winning races, no idea if it was our pup or from the same litter
  • CPLCPL    632 posts
    This pup is the only bitch in the litter of a litter of 6. I would encourage those that get involved to visit her as she grows and talk to the trainer.
    If anyone wants a second or third opinion then I'll forward them all the information they would need. For me it's a win to get people involved. Upto this morning I would of kept her outright and raced her. I try and buy quality pups from proven dam lines by top sires somthing I can't afford to do at a magic millions Gold Coast sale lol.

lame, hash likes this post.

• CPLCPL    632 posts
    I should add that I'm happy to let anyone one of you to be the manager and I'll keep a small share in her myself.
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    I have dogs with Boom Chasers

CPL likes this post.

what are the returns like CPL compared to the gallops.

outlay/cost to prizemoney and the amount of starts you get out of them etc

eg. are you better off buying 5 x $2000 pups or 1 x 10k share in a decent racehorse
  • CPLCPL    632 posts
    3 more people at a 10% share and we are there.

how much per 10%

and how much of a return can you tell us to expect? and how many career starts would you get (max) average type of return should it win one race a month etc......
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    Can you Pm me the Price please CPL
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    OK..Jagger won its maiden on wed. night....1st $2990 plus a $1500 breeders AND owners bonus..ie $750 each.
    stake money varies considerably, just have a random look next time you are in a TAB.

expanding on the stake money...its 50/50 between owners and the trainer so from wed. night we get $2245 each..ie 50% of $2990 + $750 each.

sometimes its an owners bonus only so we keep that 100%.

seems much better value than the gallops.. and the fact you see some dogs racing week in week out getting 50 odds starts in a career it could be quite fun

many have well over 100, hash.

when their career is over you can have it as a pet...they sleep all day.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited February 2017
    They're good fun to get in on, even more so I would imagine if you can go watch them race at the track. All of the Greyhounds I had a share in have raced over east, so only got to watch them on Sky.

Dogs can be temperamental just like the Gallops. We had one that cost a pretty penny, was running sub 30 at Wentworth Park, we sent him to compete in one of the country cups and he broke a toe. It had to be removed and he was never the same since that :(

The only one I have a share in now is Cairnlea Lewis, he's been showing some promise over the staying trips, running tonight in a vic bred final worth 5k for first - Bendigo R5. Don't see the fav being touched but I'll be having an EW on him heavy the place.

thefalcon, CPL likes this post.

@Jell of those 10 wins what price do you get each time.. your dog nearly has  50% STRIKE RATE to finish top 3, over 45 starts that's decent!!
    edited February 2017
    Couldn't say off the top of my head. I'd have to check later on my spreadsheet. We've only had a share in him for around his last 10 starts, he was a pre raced dog when we got him. My friend who manages the dogs felt bad about Winsome Warrior, the dog he chose that broke down, so he gave us all a free share in Cairnlea Lewis.

jum, hash likes this post.

Big run by him to run 3rd especially after giving the #1 a kiss in the run home :-bd

hash likes this post.