G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members
tofarkennardtofarkennard    177 posts
edited February 2017 West Australian Racing
Wats happing wit p.harvey 1-2 ride a weekend  of late ..on each way  chances if that  :-??

Comments

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts

Not allowed to talk about the Pontiff on here for some reason

paraletic, Gray, RIO likes this post.

• DarrbsDarrbs    410 posts
    Yep close the thread before people start getting upset.

paraletic, Gray, RIO, tony, spinking likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    edited February 2017

RIO, detonator, jum likes this post.

• PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited February 2017
    Part-time Paul?
    Well I'm full-time Paul. Unfortunately though, any horse that I were to ride would be at a serious disadvantage at the weights.

RIO, Chris likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    very, very poor taste rodent..i thought better of you.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    on the other hand..Most appropriate Rodent and my respect for you and your taste has not waned 1 iota.

thefalcon dislikes this post.

• VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    Absolutely.......although The Pontif still has an edge over many here in the west....

cheers
    rio...me olde mate....please desist....
  • RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    What's disrespectful about labelling someone yesterday's hero? It's true isn't it? Paul Harvey was a great jockey. He will always be one of the greatest WA jockeys of all time. Time waits for no man and there is no shame in being past your best.
     It's a great song and I saw an opportunity to post it given its relevance. I'm sure Paul could get back to the top if he were motivated to do so. He has the talent. It would seem it's pretty difficult to climb the mountain when you've already conquered it.
     Good luck to him but as the song title says.... 
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    thefalcon said:

rio...me olde mate....please desist....

I'd put him on mine every time if he was available. But he is not the champion he was and he will never be that champion again. I applaud him for what he has done and would defend his greatness anywhere, anytime. I actually also support that he can ride as much and as little as he wants. He has earned that choice.

An Yesterdays Hero is a perfect moniker to give him. Hope he keeps riding for as long as he wants too. But he is not currently a betting proposition and he is not currently getting the better rides because of that. And it was only a few months ago that he was.

I just read Rodents response, after typing this out......I could delete it but i wont....Very similar sentiments.

hash, jum likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Darrbs said:

Yep close the thread before people start getting upset.

hahaha.. @Darrbs it wasn't done QUICK enough!!!!!
    =)) =))

Darrbs likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    rio why would you want him on your horse if he's not a betting proposition?
    apart from getting his expert opinion on your horse i cant see why you'd want him on
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Just a GREAT jockey the Pontiff.. hope he doesn't err just make up the numbers for too long if his heart is not in it...
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2017
    Great song! Think Vanda and Young wrote it...they had some beauties that various artists sung. JPY also did a good song live think it was on the Sydney harbour ' I hate the music' another classic. Vanda and Young were known as Flash and The Pan and had great hits 'Down Among The Dead Men' and 'Hey St Peter'.

rustyh likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    spinking said:

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    spinking said:

spinking said:

Lol lol
    the knowledge of some on here astound me at times. Riders that was MollyMeldrum like the way you produced that  i liked Flash and the pan . well there 2 songs anyway maybe they should have been called Flash in the Pan.The two tunes you mentioned though were crackers. And never knew they were Vander&Young
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2017
    Haha yes from the best days of music plus the 80's! Think Vanda and Young wrote a song called Friday On My Mind too. Later on was used as a promotional ad on commercial TV to attract people to Gloucester Park on a Friday night and it worked too! Was clever marketing.

thefalcon, spinking likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    hash said:

rio why would you want him on your horse if he's not a betting proposition?

apart from getting his expert opinion on your horse i cant see why you'd want him on
    He is a very good rider and reader of a horse. And he has always given good feedback to us. He just isn't getting the good horses to ride at the moment. So therefore he isn't a betting proposition. But if i had a choice between him and the girl that rode ours last week I'd put him on first every time. And if we had a Perth rated horse i would have no hesitation to suggest to the trainer to put him on.

hash, Thunderstruck likes this post.

tofarkennard dislikes this post.

• rustyhrustyh    2,266 posts
    :)] :-/ :-??
    Anyone know anything about how the great man ....The Pont ...is travelling?
    :x >:D< :x
    I miss him.
    Nearly two months since he's had a sit on one Rusty nice long break or has the bell tolled for the Pontif

rustyh likes this post.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    On the injured jockeys list.

Back injury.

rustyh likes this post.

write him off at your peril...... :-B

rustyh, Offthebit likes this post.

• rustyhrustyh    2,266 posts
    :)] :)>- :-h ^:)^ :-bd

PTT'ers.

Attended a funeral yesterday for a great racing man.......Uncle Rodney, also known as Sir Rodney of Northbridge and hubby of Lizzie. Some may know of them.
    Rod had been crook for 8 years and fought a great fight against the poxy scourge of cancer.
    It was a celebration of a super great bloke who lived a life of laughter and love.
    One of his loves was racing.
    It was attended by hundreds of friends and family. 
    Two of those were Paul Harvey(and Mrs H) and Craig Staples(who I met for the first time).
    By now you all probably know that the "Pont" is my fave. :x
    At the wake Lizzie came and got me and took me over to see Paul. Gave him a hug and gushed all over him as any 52 year old bloke would!!
    >:D< ;;)
    We yarned and laughed for a while and I'm happy to report that Paul is going well.
    He's back riding a bit of trackwork and enjoying life.
    We will see him in the saddle again down the track. Great news.
    Got me photo taken with the Legend and will have that framed and sent straight to the 'pool room'!
    :-c :-j
    So on a day where we farewelled a great man in Rod....it was an honour to catch up with another great man in Paul. 
    He and Rod were mates. 
    Boys. Love ya mates and love ya life and times you spend with them!
    Because one day, they will be gone.
    =(( :(

R.I.P. Uncle Rodney.....you were a bloody ripper bloke.
    :x :)>- :x
    Great post, rustyh.... =D>
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

=D> =D>

Yep I'm with Falc. Great post Rusty

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Yeh same here great post Rusty, I :x the Pontiff too

Ngawyni likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    onya rusty, it's funny how one person can get so excited and pumped to meet a local that others have the pleasure of knowing and dealing with on a daily basis etc.

me personally don't know him or ever met him but I can see why your such a big fan
    we've all got our own favourite local heroes 

jum, rustyh, thefalcon likes this post.

• NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    Never met him either but IMO the best jockey we've had in this state in the last 40 years - that list includes (in no particular order) Pike, Treen, Moore, Miller, Kemp, Wilson and Oliver.  

rustyh, thefalcon likes this post.

• psychopsycho    653 posts
    Ngawyni said:

Never met him either but IMO the best jockey we've had in this state in the last 40 years - that list includes (in no particular order) Pike, Treen, Moore, Miller, Kemp, Wilson and Oliver.  

IMO the best jockey we had was Craig Wake just did not have time to ply his trade to the max, admit many jockeyswere more succesful