G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 23 Non Members

Throssell 100/1 for Australian Guineas

East Coast Racing
The fact he is 100/1 with sportsbet worries me a bit that maybe he isn't going this way but if he does i'm pretty keen on his chances, at the price its worth the early punt. Trialed nicely behind Extreme Choice then resuming, drawn wide, jumped well but dragged back from out wide and was luckless from then on. For mine he was the only one behind Hey Doc that had any real excuse for not beating him (maybe that just makes Hey Doc an absolute monty!)

Won a 1400m listed race parked 3 deep the trip at Flemington as a 2yr old so looks like the mile will suit which is a question mark for a lot of the others.

Could be completely wrong but think at the 100/1 he is worth a few dollars and the risk of not running. Have also taken him in a EW double into Muraaqueb for sat and the slipper so if things go well I could be retiring haha.

+1 -1

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited February 2017
    Is $41 with Tab..worth a stab mate.
    What race is Muraaqeb in? That was some sort of win it zoomed late at the Valley.

Also dont know if he will come down from Syd and run but i fancy Prized Icon in the Guineas, likes 1600 and Flemington.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Muraaqueb is in the Todman this saturday, will race agains Menari (fav) and second fav for the slipper last time i checked

Thunderstruck, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Yes of course the males slipper lead up...

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Hopefully the weather doesn't have to much affect on the Todman.
    That could be a factor yes.. also for the multi anchor of the day She Will Reign in the Riesling..

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Weather is starting to look a concern Gilga, albeit its only Wednesday arvo rain is forecast for later in the week and on Saturday too AND its pearcing down out Richmond way as of right now.The dishlickers there are on hold as I type due to torrential rain(not sure if city is copping it too but not looking good).
  • LendmefiftyLendmefifty    227 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Hopefully the weather doesn't have to much affect on the Todman.

Cheffeur and Muraaqeb for me into Villa Carlotta EW. If that get's up I'll reinvest half of it on Prized Icon.

In the Guineas i'm backing Prized Icon & Divine Prophet, risking Hey Doc at the price but he will be in my trifecta combination somewhere..
  • CPLCPL    632 posts
    I'm on Morton
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Well that was yuck. Looked to be going ok 400m out, thought beauty she might be able to switch inside onto Heydocs backl. Na, get on Oak Doors back and then the horse just spat it.