G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 32 Non Members

AFL 2017 - Pre-season and Round 1

Sport

Comments

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Wonder if Tivers has cancelled that over seas trip yet??
    :))
  • JayJayJayJay    7,630 posts
    Watched the game dispassionately....other sides eyeing up the wooden spoon will get nervous about their chances after watching Carlton. And Richmond, well, peddlers of false promise once again based on that or maybe they have gotten more attacking. The defence of both sides was very poor, so little accountability down the back and how many goals from long bombs over the top. I mean, goals were scored, thats a plus, but fancy both will struggle against better defensive sides. Carlton are very light on up forward ...and Dennis Armfield in the leadership group...one kick and 5 handballs for 82% time spent on the ground??? And how many clangers....Gibbs floating around collecting stats but he doesn't hurt the opposition...would think the Blues are in for a long year. Its all very well playing kids but can they play?
  • PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited March 2017
    JayJay said:

Carlton are very light on up forward

When you consider that Matthew Wright was their leading goalkicker last season with only 22 and that only 4 players on their current list have kicked over 100 career goals (Murphy 157, Thomas 142, Simpson 127 and Gibbs 121), all of whom average less than a goal a game, it's hard to see where they will kick enough goals to be ultimately competitive this season.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    brady said:

Carlton are shite !

9 kids with 10 games or less, played last night Brady. Please have an in depth look at your own club please and tell me where you see yourselves in 3 years when Mitchell and Priddis are gone and JK is past his prime, And Big Nic Nat has come back half the player he was after his Knee.

Because I see no Talent what so ever.

Jack Redden, Elliot Yeo, Liam Duggan, Tom Lamb and Jackson Nelson

:-j

BlacksAFake, oldhendo likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Would agree the Blues will be in for a long season, but if they can keep that playing group together over the next few years I reckon things will be on the up for them . A very young squad who will only improve with game time . I reckon there bigger problems is there more experienced players  . I might be being critical but to me Daisy Thomas has always been a bit of a pretender. 12 kicks 7 marks (1 contested) 4 critical errors and 1 tackle not enough from a experienced player . these older blokes should be leading the way and providing example to the young crew

jum, BlacksAFake likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,630 posts
    Spinner, I think you are right....the more experienced players are imposters...Daisy 4 clangers, Gibbs 4 clangers, Simpson 4 clangers and how many "one two's" out the back racking up stats, Murphy 4 clangers etc....play the kids by all means but I don't think some of their recruiting decisions have been all that clever. Time will tell.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    JayJay said:

Spinner, I think you are right....the more experienced players are imposters...Daisy 4 clangers, Gibbs 4 clangers, Simpson 4 clangers and how many "one two's" out the back racking up stats, Murphy 4 clangers etc....play the kids by all means but I don't think some of their recruiting decisions have been all that clever. Time will tell.

Our recruitment has been diabolical. Disgrace after disgrace. Whilst Dale Thomas and Dennis Armfield are in our side we are in trouble. Why we are drafting GWS rejects is beyond me. We have 8 on our list and only two are of league Standard. Rhys Palmer @ 28 is a joke. Blaine Boakhurst with pick 12, 2 years ago.  :-O .

I do love our kids we have drafted the last 2 years. And the best of lot, might not have debuted yet in Harry Mckay.

JayJay likes this post.

You have to love the Melbourne supporters passion as you said Tivers 80000 . I know they have been in hibernation over the summer but that is massive crowd support . I reckon a few of that 80000  would not even been Tigers or Blues fans just fans of the great Aussie game. who could not wait for there own teams to play this week you gotta love it

RIO, brady, cisco likes this post.

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
    You prawns on here need to loosen up
    last night Carlton where crap
    Sure in the rebuilding process !
    on last nights performance bottom four 
    Cant really see out of all the above that anyone is not agreeing with you Brady you don't have to be a lawyer to work out that Carlton were ordinary last night. What you do need a bit of a brain for is to offer a reason behind it not a one word summary , any prawn can do that

jum, BlacksAFake, oldhendo, VillageKid likes this post.

Wow Carlton people are so sensitive !
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Ok I'm jumping
    jum said:

JayJay said:

Our recruitment has been diabolical. Disgrace after disgrace. Whilst Dale Thomas and Dennis Armfield are in our side we are in trouble. Why we are drafting GWS rejects is beyond me. We have 8 on our list and only two are of league Standard. Rhys Palmer @ 28 is a joke. Blaine Boakhurst with pick 12, 2 years ago.  :-O .

I do love our kids we have drafted the last 2 years. And the best of lot, might not have debuted yet in Harry Mckay.

Kicked 4 last night Harry,safe to say he'll be in next week,Armfield is done,Thomas past it,Jibbs just goes through the motions,Rowe and White surely gone soon.Hopefully don't bring Kerridge back,he's another spud who butchers the ball!!
    Get game time into J Silvagni,C Curnow,H McKay and J Weitering all up forward,could end up pretty potent in years to come,help if Casboult could play chf and develop into an Earl Spalding type,maybe just a pipe dream though.

spinking likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

Ok I'm jumping

jum said:

JayJay said:

Kicked 4 last night Harry,safe to say he'll be in next week,Armfield is done,Thomas past it,Jibbs just goes through the motions,Rowe and White surely gone soon.Hopefully don't bring Kerridge back,he's another spud who butchers the ball!!

:-bd
    Brady if you were refering to me  if you look at the second page of this discussion would think you would realize where my allegiance lies. That aside does not matter who you support when giving your opinion  on a game. Most of the poste above all seem to head down the same track . yes Carlton were ordinary last night even Stevie Wonder could see that , throw up your opinion on why they where **** that's what we want to see

BlacksAFake, jum, JohnA, oldhendo likes this post.

• oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Any hope for the mighty pies tonight? :x
  • octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts
    oldhendo said:

Any hope for the mighty pies tonight? :x

Hope its not a blowout...
    If the dogs bring there game that got them to and through last years gf
    It will be a hard night at the office for the pies Hendo. But who knows with Bucks coaching future on the line might command a bit more from the group. Early matchups will be the key here I reckon
    spinking said:

Brady if you were refering to me  if you look at the second page of this discussion would think you would realize where my allegiance lies. That aside does not matter who you support when giving your opinion  on a game. Most of the poste above all seem to head down the same track . yes Carlton were ordinary last night even Stevie Wonder could see that , throw up your opinion on why they where **** that's what we want to see

Was not referring to you sprinkling
    But sounds like you're a bit Paranoid
    about one line comments
    But I hit a few sore spots going by the likes you got
    Ha ha
    Carlton a Shite !
    brady said:

spinking said:

Was not referring to you sprinkling
    But sounds like you're a bit Paranoid
    about one line comments
    But I hit a few sore spots going by the likes you got
    Ha ha
    Carlton a Shite !

Not the brightest spark :>

JohnA, jum likes this post.

brady dislikes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    brady said:

You prawns on here need to loosen up

last night Carlton where crap
    Sure in the rebuilding process !
    on last nights performance bottom four 

Amen to that mate

brady likes this post.

I see our resident shit journo aka the cliche long Steve Butler wasted 2
    Pages of today's west on Jack the coward Darling trying to convince the world he actually isn't yellow
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Looking forward to reading Butlers 2 pages on Jack on the Sunday following he GF featuring him holding up the cup.
  • ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    Last night's game reminded me why it's a cruel world without footy

detonator, spinking likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    Mind you, bring on the 4th test
    detonator said:

Looking forward to reading Butlers 2 pages on Jack on the Sunday following he GF featuring him holding up the cup.

Keep the light he has to at night he gets scared otherwise
    Chris said:

Mind you, bring on the 4th test

Big time  Chris , No Kholi maybe thats adv Aussie 
    detonator said:

Butler write for the Sunday Times does he ?? 
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    dungy said:

detonator said:

Keep the light he has to at night he gets scared otherwise

I love you shocker supporters. Can't shake that massive chip that resides on your shoulders.
    This season is going to be so much fun. Looking forward to the banter Dung Beetle.

spinking likes this post.

This discussion has been closed.