G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 36 Non Members

AFL 2017 - Pre-season and Round 1

Sport

Comments

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Been a pretty good opening round some upsets some good footy. I reckon its like when racing goes from Ascot to Belmont vice versa hard to find winners and some upset results
  • octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts
    I wonder how many goals Kersten and McBogan will kick this year...are Freo already tanking?
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

Just a side Rio

Yep agreed, but they should be in the top 8...Think it will be along year, but then again i also think most Dorker fans knew that before the bounce today.
    Great weekend, hope it continues with teams taking on the top teams if they aren't clicking on the day..
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    octavius said:

I wonder how many goals Kersten and McBogan will kick this year...are Freo already tanking?

I figure as long as danyle Pearce is getting a game....they're tanking.

Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.

• psychopsycho    652 posts
    Fremantle just outclassed by a top quality side on the day, Freos skill level is in need of work. Too many passes and handballs simply not hitting the targets. A kick out of goal (after a point) into the man on the mark is inexcusable at this level when not under any pressure. Next week they have Port in Adelaide who will be on a high after a good win against Sydney. Port have been a bit hit and miss over the last couple of years so hopefully Freo can nail a win. 
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    edited March 2017
    It couldn't have possibly started any worse. Diva nailed it, D Pearce is the biggest liability around.

I fear the game has passed Ross the Boss by, a bit like Rocket. You have to get the boys playing for you and clearly they aren't or to put it another way he certainly isn't getting the best out of them. Stephen Hill is a great kick, has great run and carry yet the way we set up I don't think there was any room for him to have even one bounce tonight or hit one target on the lead, there just aren't any leads because 15 guys are standing 1m apart and they are a maximum of 15m away from the ball carrier.

Going to be another long year, Fyfe took 2 good marks, that is it, that's all we get as fans in 120 minutes of football. You could maybe say Langdon's continued development as well but I wouldn't mind a bit more to look forward to next weekend! At least get Balic in there.

spinking, Lendmefifty likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    spinking said:

Over to you Detonator

Where's me ol mate Dunghill ?
    Perfect day of football. Watching JK kicking seven straight, then watching Cam Mcarthy kicking 4 behinds. Eagles weren't super sharp today, but considering they lost every game at Etihad last year I will take the win.
    God I love football.
    Pavlich on Fox is very hard to listen to. He reminds me of a bandicoot with those "beady" eyes and big snoz. Haha :))

VillageKid likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    detonator said:

spinking said:

Over to you Detonator

Perfect day of football. Watching JK kicking seven straight, then watching Cam Mcarthy kicking 4 behinds. Eagles weren't super sharp today, but considering they lost every game at Etihad last year I will take the win.
    God I love football.
    Pavlich on Fox is very hard to listen to. He reminds me of a bandicoot with those "beady" eyes and big snoz. Haha :))
    Great reply binkicker  Mcarthy actually kicked 1.5 so you coul;dnt even get that right i watched all weekend and will haunt you when your club fails again  this year buddy just you wait lol lol lol toss pot 
    octavius said:

Flag again ??? you have told us for the last 3 years you are the real deal ?? dont worry about Freo worry about your drug club ,

oldhendo, thefalcon likes this post.

TheDiva said:

octavius said:

I figure as long as danyle Pearce is getting a game....they're tanking.

100% Diva as well as Suttcliffe, Dawson , Johnson , Spurr and Suban farkkk em all of and play kids if not farrk of coach 

spinking likes this post.

Gilgamesh said:

It couldn't have possibly started any worse. Diva nailed it, D Pearce is the biggest liability around.

I fear the game has passed Ross the Boss by, a bit like Rocket. You have to get the boys playing for you and clearly they aren't or to put it another way he certainly isn't getting the best out of them. Stephen Hill is a great kick, has great run and carry yet the way we set up I don't think there was any room for him to have even one bounce tonight or hit one target on the lead, there just aren't any leads because 15 guys are standing 1m apart and they are a maximum of 15m away from the ball carrier.

Going to be another long year, Fyfe took 2 good marks, that is it, that's all we get as fans in 120 minutes of football. You could maybe say Langdon's continued development as well but I wouldn't mind a bit more to look forward to next weekend! At least get Balic in there.

Nailed it finally someone who has a brain 
    youknowit said:

McArthy full forward , Dawson full back , looks like a long year for the dockers

Ohhh Good on you genius  give Mcarthy a chance 

detonator likes this post.

TheDiva said:

Ill tell you who are sh*te... me ol' Kangas. 

I think they are going to drop well into the bottom 8 this year. 
    Some of my Eags mates have already pencilled themselves in for the GF after that game today 
    :-@

didnt have the cattle to counter Lecras or that machine kennedy. 
    Lecras is an easy stop for a good team as was proven last year. Kennedy, a little harder to stop. I think the good teams figured out that the only way you can stop him is to dry up the supply. 
    Kangas didnt have the ability to stop either. 
    The same thing was told to me last few years but they lacked courage and certain players got scared its early days my team cant contend so i just wait and watch for WCE to fail and thats enjoyment 
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    dungy said:

detonator said:

spinking said:

Over to you Detonator

God I love football.
    Great reply binkicker  Mcarthy actually kicked 1.5 so you coul;dnt even get that right i watched all weekend and will haunt you when your club fails again  this year buddy just you wait lol lol lol toss pot 

I did watch Paul Mcartney kick that selfish snap goal in junk time but he did have 4 straight behinds up until then, when you team needed goals.
    Your obviously happy with a return of 1.5.
    Ross didn't take long to get back to his regular post match surly attitude to the journo's.
    When he answers the journo's questions with "you tell me" it is just feeding the media with ammo for next time they lose. Which will be many times this year. Haha
    :)) :)) :))
  • BludnutBludnut    46 posts
    Dungy 6 football posts in 6 minutes....long season for you and us having to listen to you!!!

detonator, oldhendo likes this post.

Unfourtunatly Dung that is all you got all you do is keep on blah blah blah about something that happened over a decade ago. Why don't you put in a application for the top job at the AFL then you could do something about which they didn't because it know seems there was insuffiecent evidence to act according to a retired judge who looked into it..As for the weekends footy I reckon the eagles were fair in there win over North , whos inaccuracy at goals in the 3 term cost them , they should have been in touch nearly going into the last

they didn't seem to run the last quarter out either. The eagles will relish the win if what I thought I heard this morning is correct in that D.Petrie is going for surgery on the hand and may be out for 6 , putting pressure on a already depleted ruck stock. S.Mitchell was good as always and Kennedy's 7 straight was gold to watch, especially the one from the boundary in front of the N.M player race. Who gets the 3 votes SM or JK lecas contribution cannot be overlooked either.One thing that struck me as the difference in this game between 2 clubs football aside was the shinbone faithfull who applauded Petrie when he goaled opposed to the Collingwood army who booed Cloke when he done the same. the look on that idiot Joffas face was priceless. Gilga and Psycho have said it all about Fremantle who can hopefully regroup against a P.A delaide side who will be brimming with confidence after beating last years gf sides who have the adavtage of being at home. OH and Dung I don't think anyone on here and especially anyone in the  top 8 will be worrying about Freo just yet

detonator likes this post.

After reading your last post I pity you even more Dung, how sad when you confess to your team not being able to contend (crap team) ,and that the only pleasure you get out of watching footy is hoping another fails you are well named minus the Y
  • octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts
    It is quite humorous the amount of times Dungy uses 'lol' in his posts when if you had to describe Freo that probably sums up the club most fittingly...
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Hawthorn have gifted Eagles a GF berth by giving them Mitchell for nothing.  How Hawks think they are better off losing Lewis & Mitchell (for nothing draft picks 90+), so they could afford to getting Mitchell/O"Meara for the present, to me is backward step for this season, maybe next, then it should play right. But to give another team a walk up start, and risk finishing top 6 yourself (And Hawks I think will battle to be top 6) this year is mind boggling.

Oh yea Freo are devoid of the skill of hitting a target - long year again.

• ManchildManchild    679 posts
    Unfortunately the game style of Lyons is very taxing & I think the squad that has been there for a while has either burned out or stopped listening . 
    Just an observation .

BlacksAFake, Gilgamesh, RIO likes this post.

• loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Manchild said:

Unfortunately the game style of Lyons is very taxing & I think the squad that has been there for a while has either burned out or stopped listening . 

Just an observation .
    Totally agree too many Freo players looked gassed & toooooooooooooooooo  slow
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    Pies to bounce back this week.
    Richmond are going to feel the fury!

Collingwood by 30 points.

oldhendo, rooboy likes this post.

• rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    SKIDS said:

Pies to bounce back this week.
    Richmond are going to feel the fury!

Collingwood by 30 points.

Maggie disregard my like as I hate Pies!
    They are about as good as my crappy old team and we will be bottom 4 no probs!
    Richmond will easily beat your mob and am willing to have a little $5 multi wager with you!
    ;)

oldhendo dislikes this post.

This discussion has been closed.