In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 12 Non Members

AFL 2017 - Round 2

Sport

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    JayJay said:

2 weeks in a row, the Pies dominate the stats....disposals +35, Handball +40, hit outs +28, centre clearances +3 , contested position and inside 50 even....they even won the free kick count +4....and they lose....to Richmond!! Can ol chisel jaw last the season?

Chisel Jaw will get the tap on the shoulder after the Round 12 loss on Queens Birthday game.
    Bye Bye stone face.

BlacksAFake likes this post.

oldhendo dislikes this post.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    Winning the stats in modern day footy means sweet fark all.

Collingwoods skill level is deplorable under pressure.
  • ChrisChris    5,232 posts
    Thoughts on Sydney tomorrow given the Pies gave the dogs a run?
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    Pies match up ok on the dogs so form is skewed for mine. Dogs too slick especially with Rampe out.
  • rooboyrooboy    1,423 posts
    Money for jam!
    Syyyyydney by 25 points $7.00.
  • octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts
    Chris said:

Thoughts on Sydney tomorrow given the Pies gave the dogs a run?

I have tipped them at the moment but have a look at their bench, I havent heard of any of them.

Rampe is a huge loss and Hannebery is carrying a knee apparently and cant get near it.

Think I will change my tip as I cant see them keeping up on a fast deck.

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    thefalcon said:

if it seem to good to b e true, it usually is.

round 2 looks easy...

yep just like these bonus offers the corporates offer...

$2 inflated odds for collingwood etc 

they were $1.70ish everywhere you looked yet there were certain bookies offering this one off promo of the best odds going for the Pies... the amount of times they get it right is incredible and they suck all the punters in 80% of the time

if it seem to good to b e true, it usually is.
    80%? I don't remember missing one?

I took the 2.30 about the Pies, they gave $2 about Richmond over Carlton 
    <:-P
    William Hill too - Back either team to WIN the match in the ‘Straight’ market (H2H) on a Round 2 match and if your team loses by 32 points or less, we will give you a Bonus Bet equal to your stake (up to $50).
    Ladbrokes have Doggies $2
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts

TheDiva said:

hash said:

RIO said:

Teams struggle after making the trip over.......and Geelong are a long way from their recent glory days.... that'll be my one bet this weekend

north are far worse off from their glory days..... wait..... they never even got to celebrate any sort of glory days haha
    you may not have been born in 96 and 99, but I'd say there was a bit of glory there. 
    And would have been even better if they had put Adelaide away in the first half of another GF, whuch they should have - poor kicking
    ouch.. that hurts.. still. I remember the game well. 

loose_goose likes this post.

Chris said:

80%? I don't remember missing one?

I took the 2.30 about the Pies, they gave $2 about Richmond over Carlton 
    <:-P
    not sure if I get what you mean by not missing to suck the punters in on these specials but when PUNTA had theirs weeks ago, Politics was one you got wrong, PUNTA had it as 'cant win' 3 weeks ago when it bolted in

edited March 2017
    Chris said:

so you back the bullies with laddies at $2 for their $50 limit and take the $2.30 for sydney elsewhere (have $50 on) and break even if the buldogs win or you profit $15 from your $100 outlayed if sydney win, is that what your getting at?
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,253 posts
    Lets be honest, nobody is getting rich of this TAB promotion. What it does is it creates a habit of betting on every game. And that's why the TAB will get all their money back and more. Sorry to be such a stick in the mud.

hash, RIO, Offthebit likes this post.

no doubt mate 110% agree, win one day give it back the next
    bit off topic but I pulled a grand off bet365 from a $200 bonus bet the other week and after their BS clause having to bet and turn over $1200 worth of bets at $1.50 I did so and ended up with a bit over $800 from my original 200 deposit.. the only way to get rich (not quick) is utilize multiple accounts and their bonus deposit offers
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    you certainly wont get rich backing winners at bet365.... thats a guarantee! 

thefalcon likes this post.

hash said:

Chris said:

so you back the bullies with laddies at $2 for their $50 limit and take the $2.30 for sydney elsewhere (have $50 on) and break even if the buldogs win or you profit $15 from your $100 outlayed if sydney win, is that what your getting at?
    Sydney are 3.20 everywhere?

hash likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    RIO said:

Teams struggle after making the trip over.......and Geelong are a long way from their recent glory days.... that'll be my one bet this weekend

RIO said:

Lol lol lol
    Watching the Dogs brand is scintillating stuff, even better it's more natural footy given there's less pressure to succeed now that they've banked one in the trophy cabinet
  • JayJayJayJay    7,669 posts
    Was a spectacle, Buddy is really something else....and the Dogs were good but Sydney missing 8 from last years GF side...9 if you add in Tippett....and they were terrific....they will start winning a string of games very soon.

Offthebit likes this post.

Think they're still Top 4 material, good time to back them

hash likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Saints we're brave. Richardson has a bit to work with. Not sure what happened against Melbourne last week. Eagles had an off night. Lucky to win.
    Chris said:

Think they're still Top 4 material, good time to back them

i've got it marked in my calendar for April 28th - back sydney for the flag before they play carlton in round 6 as that's when I think you'll see the best odds available for them all year

detonator likes this post.

• PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    RIO said:

North to bounce back and beat Geelong.

Unlucky @RIO. Would have looked good at 3/4 time, with the Roos up by 25. I didn't tip the Roos, but I didn't think the Cats were the absolute certainties that most on here were predicting.
    RIO said:

Teams struggle after making the trip over

Last year, teams were 11-7 the week after playing at Domain, not including the derbies. Three teams had a bye the following week and there was no game at Domain in R14. With Geelong's win, that's the 7th consecutive team to win the week after.

RESULTS THE WEEK AFTER TRAVELLING TO DOMAIN
    BL lost to NM by 34
    GC beat CARL by 54
    RICH lost to MELB by 33
    CARL beat ESS by 15
    COLL lost to CARL by 15
    GWS beat GC by 91
    STK beat ESS by 46
    RICH beat ESS by 38
    GC lost to SYD by 38
    ESS lost to HAW by 108
    ESS lost to STK by 11
    NM lost to PA by 28
    GEE beat ADE by 30
    MELB beat GC by 2
    SYD beat PA by 67
    ADEL beat PA by 15
    HAW beat COLL by 1
    WB beat HAW by 23 (S/F)
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    yep, damn close..but same as last week, they ran out of puff. Although i think Geelong will be at about that level all season..beat the teams outside the 8, struggle with those inside it

hash likes this post.

• BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,373 posts
    As I said just a side Geelong

RIO, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,373 posts
    Freo must be firming for spoon

detonator, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,669 posts
    Can't wait for another illuminating post match presser from Ross.....would prefer having a root canal treatment than watching the 4 year rebuild strategy....Dawson will be 35 by then. Kersten, Hill and Hamling prime signings......amazing.

Gilgamesh, detonator, jum likes this post.

• ManchildManchild    702 posts
    Its a train wreck

This discussion has been closed.