In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 38 Non Members

AFL 2017 - Round 4

Sport

Comments

• dungydungy    9,278 posts

detonator said:

Harley out for another 10 weeks. Done for the year you would think.
    Nightclubs in Perth are on red alert. Sniffer dogs deployed.

gee who needs octavius when we have this clown.....    b-(

And clown is spot on
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Good tough win from the Dockers. Season is back on track with three homes games to come.

Markovina, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Good tough win from the Dockers. Season is back on track with three homes games to come.

Thanks to Cam Mcarthys winning match scoring goal lol lol lol
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited April 2017
    NEWSFLASH !!!
    Large groups of what appears to be Fremantle Dockers supporters seen gathering at the City of Cockburn refuse centre.
    Spokesman for the group "Dungy" said they were there to find their memberships they threw in the bin two weeks ago. :) :)) :))
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,890 posts

It was a very good win from Fremantle - because i really rate Melbournes list

Never known a more even year - so youve got to win those close ones

As for the 2 posters who carry on with that childish shiiit - talk football or piiss off

oldhendo, Gilgamesh, hash likes this post.

detonator said:

NEWSFLASH !!!
    Large groups of what appears to be Fremantle Dockers supporters seen gathering at the City of Cockburn refuse centre.
    Spokesman for the group "Dungy" said they were there to find their memberships they threw in the bin two weeks ago. :) :)) :))

Do you want one ? Can Mcarthy has your lol lol
    Do you think Markovina is talking about me and you Dung Beetle ?
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Great win Dockers
    Impressive performance
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Very smart but also true coming up. It really helps when your good players play well. I would like to say good but I just can't handle that English.

Good players pay good, team win, me like.
  • TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    detonator said:

Chris said:

A glimmer of hope for the mighty Fremantle Football Club. Now, am I brave enough to tip them this week?

You would have to be mad. I bleed purple but I expect a response from Melbourne and I expect the form to taper off on our side.

Form ????
    Hardly think a 100pt turnaround in 7 days represents form.
    For the record Melbourne will win.
    If Freo get up, in the words of Paul Hogan when the taxman was chasing him , and to all Freo supporters on PTT. "Come and get me ya bastards" :)) :))

L-)
  • TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    hash said:

ok for anyone that punts on the tip 9 option, @H-BOMBER made mention last weeks paid 2 grand thanks to a freo win and a couple other minor upsets, I cant see anything happening like that but there are a couple 50/50 games that could go either way.

so for $32 i'm banking on Bulldogs, Melbourne, Adelaide and Geelong to win then the other 5 games picking both teams and hoping the underdog can win (especially Port and Brisbane)

$32 on a Bulldogs, Melbourne, Adelaide and Geelong 4 leg multi returns $2.80 x by $32 gives you $90, so as long as the tip 9 is succesful and pays more than $90 per unit then we finish in front on this bet. good luck all, throw your tips or suggestions below $-)

L-)
  • octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts
    Good to see Freo winning a couple, at least now nobody will say we have rigged the fixture with two 4 point byes this year...

RIO likes this post.

Victoria Police crackdown on drugs with secret hit list of Melbourne nightclubs

EXCLUSIVE: A secret hit list of 30 nightclubs is under watch for drug and alcohol breaches as police unleash more “clubbing cops” and sniffer dogs to clean up Melbourne’s night-life.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2017-04-16/fremantle-club-statement.

Fremantle can confirm that Harley Bennell was asked to leave a Virgin flight from Melbourne to the Gold Coast on Saturday.

Bennell, who has suffered a series of calf injuries that have
    prevented him from playing for more than a year, has been on club
    approved leave since Friday.

The 24-year-old, who flew from Perth to Melbourne on Saturday, has
    told club officials that he had consumed alcohol the previous day and on
    the flight to Melbourne.

After arriving in Melbourne to await his flight to the Gold Coast, Bennell went to a cafe at the airport.

Shortly after boarding the Gold Coast flight he was asked to
    disembark by Virgin staff who believed he was affected by
    alcohol.  Bennell cooperated with airline staff and returned to the
    Virgin Lounge.

Fremantle general manager of football operations Chris Bond said
    while the club was disappointed with the situation Bennell had placed
    himself in it would support the player.

"Due to a recurring injury problem which has prevented him from
    playing all of last year and now for the next eight to 10 weeks
    following another setback last week, Harley has been dealing with the
    frustration and disappointment of not being able to play AFL football,"
    Bond said.

"We are disappointed that Harley consumed alcohol to the extent that airline staff felt he was unfit to take the flight.

"Steve Rosich and I have been in regular contact yesterday and today
    with Harley, who will continue to assist Virgin and the AFL with any
    other enquiries they have.

"In the meantime, as a club it is important that we continue to
    support and provide guidance to Harley on how best to cope with the
    frustration and disappointment of not playing football."

edited April 2017
    Apologies accepted in advance.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    detonator said:

NEWSFLASH !!!

Gee who writes your material?

:-??
    TheDiva said:

detonator said:

NEWSFLASH !!!

My own stuff Diva.
    Just trying to provide a bit of humour to this forum.
    After all, Banter is what this site promotes. Isn't it ?
  • youknowityouknowit    271 posts
    I only come here for the "banter"

detonator, oldhendo likes this post.

TheDiva said:

detonator said:

NEWSFLASH !!!

Hasn't got much happening on the home front obviously or should I say happening at the caravan park lol lol
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    @PAUL have you got any stats on teams with the worst start to a season yet still made the finals or a grand final etc

any team that's been 0-4 or 0-5 still be able to go deep into september?
    octavius said:

Good to see Freo winning a couple, at least now nobody will say we have rigged the fixture with two 4 point byes this year...

Your at The G this weekend ohhhhhh Jacky Darling gets scared again ohhhhhh if you lose to the Hawks forget it maybe watch the Freo game from Saturday there's Se handy help for you as we win there lol lol
    dungy said:

octavius said:

Your at The G this weekend ohhhhhh Jacky Darling gets scared again ohhhhhh if you lose to the Hawks forget it maybe watch the Freo game from Saturday there's Se handy help for you as we win there lol lol

I will stick by my man Jack, you can stick by your man Harley.
  • runyonrunyon    569 posts
    hash said:

@PAUL have you got any stats on teams with the worst start to a season yet still made the finals or a grand final etc

In 1975 North Melbourne won the premiership after losing their first 4 games. They're the only team to make the finals in the last 50 years after starting the season 0-4.

PAUL, RIO likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    And to be fair - that was a 12 team Comp, not 18
  • PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited April 2017
    runyon said:

hash said:

In 1975 North Melbourne won the premiership after losing their first 4 games. They're the only team to make the finals in the last 50 years after starting the season 0-4.
    Sorry about that, wasn't on the forum yesterday, so thanks to @runyon for answering that one. On the opposite side of the spectrum, North Melbourne almost became the first team to start 9-0 and miss the finals last year, only managing to scrape through by percentage over St Kilda. Since the 9-0 start, they have only won 3 of their last 18 games.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,890 posts
    Not a Dockers or Eagles supporter for that matter

However just on Bennell - its good that Ross Lyon has taken a common sense view of it ( Mark Duffield didnt by the way ) re his quotes in the West - about the frustration Bennell has gone through - so he has taken all the recent circumstances into account

Years ago there was a player ( i cant remember his name ) he might have been at a top club  like Hawthorn - or it might have been the Brisbane Lions in their heyday - and like Bennell he kept breaking down with injuries . And it was at training or an actual game he got re injured again - and in pure frustration he put his fist through the change room door  or wall - and in the process actually broke his hand !!
    Tivers said:

The best comeback under the current system probably was Richmond in 2014. Were 3-10, then won nine in a row to make the finals. Then in the E/F against Port, Cotchin won the toss and elected to kick into a strong breeze. Port jumped to a 7 goal lead at Q/T, Richmond never recovered and they ended up losing by 57 points.
    edited April 2017
    Markovina said:

Years ago there was a player ( i cant remember his name ) he might have been at a top club  like Hawthorn - or it might have been the Brisbane Lions in their heyday - and like Bennell he kept breaking down with injuries . And it was at training or an actual game he got re injured again - and in pure frustration he put his fist through the change room door  or wall - and in the process actually broke his hand !!

I know this isn't footy related but I remember something like this happening in the 1996 Hopman Cup final. 1992 Olympic gold medallist Swiss player Marc Rosset teamed up with Martina Hingis. In the deciding mixed doubles, Rosset punched his hand into the back wall so hard, after failing to win match points when 5-4 up in the final set, that he damaged his hand and ended up having to forfeit the match and the title to Croatia.

Link to story
    http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1996/Freak-Ending-Hands-Hopman-Cup-To-Croatia/id-ccf7b456e69ae99f59f113bd45037dd3
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    PAUL said:

Tivers said:

The best comeback under the current system probably was Richmond in 2014. Were 3-10, then won nine in a row to make the finals. Then in the E/F against Port, Cotchin won the toss and elected to kick into a strong breeze. Port jumped to a 7 goal lead at Q/T, Richmond never recovered and they ended up losing by 57 points.
    so my plan to back sydney at 21's and trade out later in the year is still on, not saying they can win and judging by history it's impossible but i can assure you they'll get to shorter than $21 throughout the year
    Markovina said:

Not a Dockers or Eagles supporter for that matter

However just on Bennell - its good that Ross Lyon has taken a common sense view of it ( Mark Duffield didnt by the way ) re his quotes in the West - about the frustration Bennell has gone through - so he has taken all the recent circumstances into account

Matthew Lloyd on footy classified last year had some interesting things to say about Harley.
    When Lloyd was assistant coach at the AFL / AIS Adademy in 2009, he had dealings with a young Harley Bennell.
    Lloyd said based on his experience with Bennell back then and what he has seen and heard since he would not touch Bennell with a barge pole.
    Which is ironic since his brother is part of list management at the Dockers.
    Leopards never change their spots, so it seems.
    All Ross has done since Harley has been at the Dockers is defend Harley. "Common sense approach" would be to cut him loose and cut your losses.

oldhendo likes this post.

This discussion has been closed.