0 Members & 28 Non Members

AFL 2017 - Round 7

Sport

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited May 2017
    rustyh said:

8-| :-?? :-B :-@

This is how pharked up things are.......confusing?? 
    :-w
    Watch the video and listen to what Bruce says......."Terrific tackle on Wilson...will he be rewarded?"
    @-) :-O
    Yes he was. Umpire thought the same as Bruce. It was 'speshhhalll".
    :| 8-|
    But he hurt his head and you can't have the community seeing that! 8-|
    Passed the concussion test and played on. #:-S

[-X [-X
    But then the PC MRP come along and watch it 792 times in slow motion and analyze the phukk out of it and give him 2 weeks down to 1!!
    Pathetic.
    :-q

And hows the spot on comment by Frank at the bottom of that vid......"In a generation or two we'll be watching non contact AFL..."

Gold. 
    =D>

Love your humorous posts Rusty but on this one I have to disagree with you.
    You can't pin the arms and swing the guy into the turf.
    Swing the guy 720 degrees if you want. Just don't drive him into the turf.
    Penalise the action, not the result of the action.
    If the result was the same as Gary Rowan the other day he would be looking at 4 weeks. Just don't take the risk.
    The players have to change their ways because that is footy 2017.
    Alan Richardson said on 360 he won't be appalling it because he knows it won't be upheld.
  • rustyhrustyh    2,266 posts
    edited May 2017
    =D> =D> =D>

"The players have to change their ways because that is footy 2017."

8-| 8-| 8-|

Because footy 25 years ago was crap and now its bloody awesome with all these fantastic rule changes and interpretations, and all the players, coaches,umpires, supporters and commentators are all on the same page and know exactly what the black and white rules are and there is NO grey areas.

Thank god they changed the game. Because the 80's and 90's footy was sub standard pus back in those days when Matera. Worsfold, Dunstall, Lockett, G. Ablett, Carey, Dipper, L. Mathews, G.Williams and all those pussies were running around playing ordinary average footy!!!!!!!!!!!!

:| :| :|

All good Dets......I'm tipping you are younger than me and we've grown up in different times.
    No 'political correctness' police back in my day!
    Now they are everywhere!!

Heres some gold.

=))
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    One thing I do agree with you and the article is the MRP is a lottery and frustrates the shite out me. And I cant see it changing anytime soon unfortunately.
    But I believe they got the two decisions on the tackles right on this occasion.
    If you want to reminisce about how footy should be and used to be played, watch a replay of the state of origin in the 80's when Peake kicked 7 and Buckenara kicked the winning goal.
    Football at its purest. Fast movement, no umpiring disputes. Just a pleasure to watch.

rustyh likes this post.

<:-P :-bd =D> =D>
    Detonator posted this excellent bit......
    If you want to reminisce about how footy should be and used to be played, watch a replay of the state of origin in the 80's when Peake kicked 7 and Buckenara kicked the winning goal.
    Football at its purest. Fast movement, no umpiring disputes. Just a pleasure to watch.

Spot on Dets.
    Golden era.
    The good old days.
    Wagged school to watch that game.
    Buckenara very close to my uncle. 
    Glory days.
    :-c :)>-
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    have a yarn to that legend Jack Sheedy if you can...sometimes they got a bag of spuds each for a win...sometimes bugger all...rarely a cray each...the fish not a tenner...
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Falc where I grew up a Cray was $20 not ten

RIO likes this post.

when "Bible Jack" was playing a tenner(quid) was reddish in colour also...ten quid not ten bucks...so there... :-\"
    err, won 4 middies at the pub tipping...got 5...went wide with the saints and the hawks... :!!
    edited May 2017
    [-( [-( [-( [-( :-w :-w :-w

Nathan Jerk. 
    [-X [-X

Listen to the pathetic excuse of the MRP....but more so hows the crack he has at Nick Del Santo for pretty much being a soft, weak, wimpy bloke who couldnt take a punch!!
    :-q L-) =;
    Thats what you do when you talk shiit.....have a go at the messenger and not the message.
    And all the blokes on that panel laughed!
    Then says that there would have been more public outcry if Franklin got 2 weeks so he gets off!!
    Protected species.
    :| :| :|
    Footy denigrates further every day. 

8-|
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    I don't remember the old money Falcon you have obviously been in the public bar of the Charles for a long time . Do you remember a local drank there every day his last name was Coffey he sold advertising in the books like Stewie Shenton did after he stopped calling

I've only been drinking there for a few years, spinking. i'll ask Greta, she has been serving there for 25 years.

Stewie is still selling space and very successfully....