G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 21 Non Members

AFL 2017 - Round 10

Sport
ChrisChris    5,218 posts
What are we in store for this week. Port belt Geelong? Hawks reignite their 2014 premiership form to down Sydney again? Fremantle do a job on Adelaide? GWS take it to WCE?

Thursday, 25 May (7:20 pm) Geelong vs. Port Adelaide Simonds Stadium
Friday, 26 May (7:50 pm) Sydney vs. Hawthorn SCG
Saturday, 27 May (1:45 pm) Western Bulldogs vs. St Kilda Etihad Stadium
Saturday, 27 May (4:35 pm) Melbourne vs. Gold Coast TIO Traeger Park
Saturday, 27 May (7:25 pm) Richmond vs. Essendon MCG
Saturday, 27 May (7:10 pm) Adelaide vs. Fremantle Adelaide Oval
Sunday, 28 May (1:10 pm) Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions MCG
Sunday, 28 May (3:20 pm) Carlton vs. North Melbourne Etihad Stadium
Sunday, 28 May (2:40 pm) West Coast vs. Greater Western Sydney Domain Stadium

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Love Thursday night football.
    I will be picking Geelong as all the Port players will still have crook guts from too much 69 action in China. Ie 69 Lemon Chicken. [-X

Chris likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Chris said:

What are we in store for this week. Port belt Geelong? Hawks reignite their 2014 premiership form to down Sydney again? Fremantle do a job on Adelaide? GWS take it to WCE?

Thursday, 25 May (7:20 pm) Geelong vs. Port Adelaide Simonds Stadium
    Friday, 26 May (7:50 pm) Sydney vs. Hawthorn SCG
    Saturday, 27 May (1:45 pm) Western Bulldogs vs. St Kilda Etihad Stadium
    Saturday, 27 May (4:35 pm) Melbourne vs. Gold Coast TIO Traeger Park
    Saturday, 27 May (7:25 pm) Richmond vs. Essendon MCG
    Saturday, 27 May (7:10 pm) Adelaide vs. Fremantle Adelaide Oval
    Sunday, 28 May (1:10 pm) Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions MCG
    Sunday, 28 May (3:20 pm) Carlton vs. North Melbourne Etihad Stadium
    Sunday, 28 May (2:40 pm) West Coast vs. Greater Western Sydney Domain Stadium
    WCE form as normal they win easy at home they dont get scared at Domain also they seem to be kissed on the ass playing all top teams at home and also GWS are full of injuries  , Rich v Ess is a good game but Tiges should win , if Freo start slow against Crows they will get smashed if we are close to them at quarter time we might have a silly chance  especially if Blakley wraps up Sloan , Cats to win Thursday , GC chance to roll Melbourne in the lovley Alice Springs lol lol what a shithole , NM , SYD and Pies to win 
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Going against the grain this week
    Port 
    Essendon
    Gws
    Taking the line bets
  • PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited May 2017
    GEELONG v PORT ADELAIDE
    Geelong have won 12 of the last 13 v Port, including the last 6 at Kardinia Park by at least 25 points. In only two of these 13 games, would Port have covered either the line (currently set at +9.5) or the H/T line (currently set at +3.5). This year though at H/T, Port are 6-2 compared to Geelong 4-5.

SYDNEY v HAWTHORN
    Sydney have only won 3 of the last 10 v Hawthorn. Only three times this season would Sydney have covered the Q/T line (currently set at -6.5). Hawthorn have won their last 3 at the SCG, the last time they lost there was R19 2010. 14 of the past 15 games v Sydney, Hawthorn would have covered the line (currently set at +31.5).

WESTERN BULLDOGS v ST KILDA
    Bulldogs have won 4 of the last 6 v Saints at Docklands, the two losses were by 15 points or less. Bulldogs have also won their last 7 at Docklands. St Kilda were the last team to beat the Bulldogs at Docklands (in R18 2016). Saints are 6-3 at H/T and would have covered the H/T line (currently set at +5.5) in 7/9 matches this season.

MELBOURNE v GOLD COAST
    Neither team has won at Traeger Park (Alice Springs). Melbourne are 0-3 (all played against Port), Gold Coast has yet to play there. Gold Coast are 3-6 v Melbourne, having lost their last three in a row. The Suns are only 2-6 at H/T this season (line currently set at +6.5).

RICHMOND v ESSENDON
    Richmond have won their last 5 v Essendon, all by a margin of between 13-38 points. Essendon have won 4 of their last 5 games at MCG, biggest winning margin being 25 points (v Hawthorn, R1 2017). Essendon are 7-2 at Q/T this season (line currently set at +0.5).

ADELAIDE v FREMANTLE
    Adelaide have won 20 of their last 23 games at Adelaide Oval. Adelaide have been behind at Q/T in their last 4 games (line currently set at -9.5). Fremantle are 1-1 v Adelaide at Adelaide Oval, but are only 1-4 overall at the ground. Sandilands not playing will be a big loss (no pun intended).

COLLINGWOOD v BRISBANE
    Collingwood have won 7 of their last 9 v Brisbane. Strangely though since Brisbane merged with the Lions, they have won 7/11 v Collingwood at the MCG, including the last time they met when they won by 67 points (in R21 2014).

CARLTON v NORTH MELBOURNE
    Carlton have only won 3 of their last 12 at Docklands. Carlton are 2-7 at Q/T this season (line currently set at +3.5). North's record at Docklands however is just as bad, only winning 1 of their last 7. Kangaroos are 6-3 at H/T this season, however would only have covered the H/T line (currently set at -6.5) three times.

WEST COAST v GWS
    Eagles have won 20 of their last 22 games at Subiaco Oval and have won all five matches v GWS. GWS are 1-6 at Subiaco Oval, their only win being last year v Fremantle. GWS have never led at Q/T at Subiaco Oval, but are 7-2 at Q/T this year (line currently set at +2.5). GWS's last three wins this year have all been by less than a goal (WB R6 +2, COLL R8 +3, RICH R9 +3).
  • NewkidontheblockNewkidontheblock    71 posts
    Don't know about everyone else but I think Paul's weekly AFL preview is punting/tipping gold! Heaps of info I didn't know and wouldn't know how to find! Much kudos to you!
    Now, if only I could actually use these stats and observations to tip a few more winners myself every week, that would be a bonus. :)

RIO, Newkidontheblock, spinking, hash likes this post.

Don't know about everyone else but I think Paul's weekly AFL preview is punting/tipping gold! Heaps of info I didn't know and wouldn't know how to find! Much kudos to you!

100% agree New kid.
    9 out of 10 for your good work Paul. I would give you a 10 if you threw in your tips.
    God help I sure need them. Footy tipping up the shitter.

Newkidontheblock likes this post.

detonator said:

100% agree New kid.
    9 out of 10 for your good work Paul. I would give you a 10 if you threw in your tips.
    Tell me about Det, my tips are horrible this year ive actually given up lol , and punting on games hasnt been much kinder either 
    dungy said:

detonator said:

100% agree New kid.
    Tell me about Det, my tips are horrible this year ive actually given up lol , and punting on games hasnt been much kinder either 

Punting on the footy this year has been a minefield.
    Usually look forward to punting on the footy. Normally can find a weekly special and put the hard earned on with confidence. Well the confidence is officially shot !!!
    As for the footy tipping, the cue normally is back in the rack after around 3 or 4. Last week was a disaster for me.
    And for the record Dungy, your mob hasn't done me any favours. Lol lol Lol :(
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    using the stats provided above i've put together an 8 leg multi (falcon's gonna love this one)
    I've left out the melbourne v GC game as that neutral ground and stats are too hard to line up

Geelong straight win
    Hawks with a 7.5 start at qtr time
    Bulldogs with a 15.5 start 
    Richmond to win by 14 or more
    Freo with an 8.5 start at the end of 1st qtr
    Collingwood to win
    North to lead at HT / FT
    and bring it home with the mighty Eags to WIN (last leg will f*** me no doubt)
    odds of 50/1  

PNG
    PNG
    Capture.PNG
    hash said:

using the stats provided above i've put together an 8 leg multi (falcon's gonna love this one)

I've left out the melbourne v GC game as that neutral ground and stats are too hard to line up

Geelong straight win
    Collingwood to win
    North to lead at HT / FT
    odds of 50/1  

Hope you didn't invest more than 50 cents on that multi !!!
    But good luck, will be following your progress.
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Gee Port got ripped off
    Huge effort
    Took the +8.5 at line
    So happy days
    Cant believe Barras got the chop ??? i reckon he is far more accountable than PAIN TOLERANCE Mcgovern , Mcgovern gets caught quite often when he leaves his man , bringing Petrie in and dropping Mcguiness is really rebuilding isnt and everyone has a shot at Ross gee thats poor team selection Lecras ?? nah he is back at Subi he will star he is just just soft on the road 
    dungy said:

Cant believe Barras got the chop ??? i reckon he is far more accountable than PAIN TOLERANCE Mcgovern , Mcgovern gets caught quite often when he leaves his man , bringing Petrie in and dropping Mcguiness is really rebuilding isnt and everyone has a shot at Ross gee thats poor team selection Lecras ?? nah he is back at Subi he will star he is just just soft on the road 

To be honest Dungy , I wasn't thrilled with the "make a statement " selection changes.
    Problem being that because we are playing at home, all the serial offenders away from home do ok at Subiaco and we still need to win the game. Hence that is why they are playing this week.
    Masden needed a spell in my opinion as one of those players that go missing away from home. Wellingham was going to be dropped I was assuming.
    Not sure about dropping Mutimer. If he is in your future plans play i him at home for confidence building. Petrie coming in can only be to help combat "big body" Mumford.
    Barrass is a liability when the ball hits the ground. Not the end of the world if you have speedy ground ball players to assist, but we don't have that. Butler, Shepard and Hurn are not exactly in that category.
    Interesting game this one.
    detonator said:

dungy said:

To be honest Dungy , I wasn't thrilled with the "make a statement " selection changes.
    Problem being that because we are playing at home, all the serial offenders away from home do ok at Subiaco and we still need to win the game. Hence that is why they are playing this week.
    Masden needed a spell in my opinion as one of those players that go missing away from home. Wellingham was going to be dropped I was assuming.
    Not sure about dropping Mutimer. If he is in your future plans play i him at home for confidence building. Petrie coming in can only be to help combat "big body" Mumford.
    Barrass is a liability when the ball hits the ground. Not the end of the world if you have speedy ground ball players to assist, but we don't have that. Butler, Shepard and Hurn are not exactly in that category.
    Interesting game
    Mate they[GWS]  are using player number 38 they are riddled with injuries if you couldnt beat them at home then you might as well pack up shop , Simpson is walking a fine line just like Lyon did earlier in the year but i agree Det i wouldnt call that swinging the axe or making a statement im baffled why Petrie is in  Masten ,Lecras very lucky IMO 

detonator likes this post.

• LendmefiftyLendmefifty    227 posts
    Said I wasn't going to do it, but I'm backing Freo. I'malso having a bet on the boxing with Fedor Chudinov to win and will multi the two for 21.52/1. Carn Freeeeeooooo.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts

Said I wasn't going to do it, but I'm backing Freo. Carn Freeeeeooooo.

That's awkward :-&

Lendmefifty, detonator likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts

Said I wasn't going to do it, but I'm backing Freo. I'malso having a bet on the boxing with Fedor Chudinov to win and will multi the two for 21.52/1. Carn Freeeeeooooo.

If Fedor Chudinov plays for Adelaide you could be on a winner

Lendmefifty, detonator likes this post.

Eighth time the Dockers have lost by 100 points or more in a game.

BIGGEST LOSSES - FREMANTLE
    117 (13-130) v Adelaide, Football Park, 2009
    117 (61-178) v WCE, Subiaco Oval, 2000
    116 (39-155) v Hawthorn, York Park, 2010
    114 (67-181) v Brisbane, 'Gabba, 1999
    107 (49-156) v Brisbane, 'Gabba, 2000
    104 (47-151) v North Melbourne, MCG, 1998
    100 (60-160) v Collingwood, Victoria Park, 1997
    100 (43-143) v Adelaide, Adelaide Oval, tonight

detonator, hash likes this post.

detonator said:

hash said:

Geelong straight win
    Collingwood to win
    North to lead at HT / FT
    odds of 50/1  

still following det? typically Freo were always going to be the one to let me down if it's not the Eagles... good thing I took another multi with Adelaide -9.5 at qtr time (Richmond -14.5 just scraped in haha) 3 legs to go mate 
    edited May 2017
    hash said:

detonator said:

hash said:

Geelong straight win
    Collingwood to win
    North to lead at HT / FT
    odds of 50/1  

still following det? typically Freo were always going to be the one to let me down if it's not the Eagles... good thing I took another multi with Adelaide -9.5 at qtr time (Richmond -14.5 just scraped in haha) 3 legs to go mate 

CASH OUT CASH OUT. !!!!!!!
    Still following Hash.
    Up until the Freo game you were in the "genius" category.
    Now you are just in the "missed by that much category". Lol
    I think the North game could be the the dicey one for you in the "plan B multi". Only because with Carlton you do not know which one will turn up. Good luck (again)

hash likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    5 of the 6 games so far won by flat track bullies. Hope teh trend continues today
    RIO said:

5 of the 6 games so far won by flat track bullies. Hope teh trend continues today

We are the biggest flat track bully of them all. Go boys !!!!

RIO likes this post.

eagles = pathetic
    We were horrible last night and will make changes but the Giants had 9 of there starting team out away from home and you get rolled that's poor and wielding a rubber axe how did that work ? Bringing in his old NM mate and m Petrie silly move the big problem I can see with Freo it's the backline got some shockers down there in Sutcliffe Spurr Ibbotson but WCE midfield is below par for a top 8 side and they will continue to be middle of the road and now with JK on crutches which doesn't look good maybe scrapping in the 8 at best no pint bringing Nic Nat back

hash, detonator likes this post.

detonator said:

RIO said:

We are the biggest flat track bully of them all. Go boys !!!!

Not any more mate you were lucky against the Dogs as they bought over an injury riddled side and fell in maybe the problems been masked by things like that
    hash said:

eagles = pathetic

Did you watch Freo mate lol lol we own pathetic
    It was like a slow death watching the Eagles today. Gutted !!!
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Unbiased view?? West Coast had a crack, much more competitive than last weeks debacle but the personnel just aren't there...got crunched inside by stronger, more hungry, younger opposition. Put simply, a lack of grunt. Masten .....what's he doing? Poor old Priddis working against the odds but the running power of Kelly, Green, the sheer warrior that Ward is and bringing back the old guard so to speak. Think as a side they may have peaked and with the oldest list in the AFL, it will take something special to arrest the inevitable slide.

thefalcon, detonator likes this post.

Was bound to happen, the way GWS had been finishing their games the last few weeks kickin those late goals that count and knowing how to seal a win, west coast never stood a chance after half time. For the Giants to break that hoodoo of wce being the only team not to lose to them with 9 of their regulars on the sideline tells me wce have no heart and GWS deserve to be premiership favourites and I'll be betting accordingly this week.

detonator likes this post.